Pages:
Author

Topic: The Best Time To Exit Trading - page 35. (Read 24693 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112
March 04, 2018, 03:41:59 AM
The best time to exit in trading is when you have profits .dont exit if you have lose on it.  'cause you will regrets after.  And also don't insist to gain more profits if you gained enough on it 'cause the price always volatile after it surge.  So exit while you can to avoid huge loss in doing trading.  Or Mark your target instead to prevent regrets. 
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
March 04, 2018, 03:40:30 AM
Haha I think everyone is under the impression that they need the news before everyone else in order to make the best decision. You don't really, but I mean it could help, possibly. The issue is, it's a worldwide currency so what you think will make a major impact on Bitcoin could end up being a normal daily 5% dip. There would be lots of speculators stating that it's because of XYZ, but you would never actually know why it dropped 5%. If there's lots of FUD, buy buy buy. Don't be afraid to sell off some Bitcoins when you reach new all time highs.
I think the best and the correct time to quit trading is when you have reach the target of money that you want to achieve. For example if you want to get $5000, you may have to wait for several years to get that. And when you already get that amount of money, you can quit. But please remember that you have to have passive income and main income to support your life. It is very important because if you just depend your life on trading, and then someday the market has a problem, you will confuse and do not know what to do. Just find another job and another source of income so you will not regret.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
March 04, 2018, 03:23:59 AM
People nowadays are stuck in the world of trading that may cause their loss of capital, may cause their eagerness to recover their investment. Ending up sinking the money they have invested. AND Doesn't know how to exit in the game.

Also, FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) is a normal feeling of traders when coins are actually dumped big time.

Here's how. We all know that media plays a big role in the dump value of some coins.

Accdg. To this site
https://cryptopotato.com/8-must-read-tips-trading-bitcoin-altcoins/  (contains also tips on trading)

BUY THE RUMOURS. SELL THE NEWS (not literally)
When media talks often about the dump and publish articles, then that is the RIGHT TIME TO EXIT.
News, rumours, speculations could have a big impact and can affect the price of altcoins. They concide the price movements resulting in pump and dump.

Believe me, I did that and it really works. Prevents deficits and prevents loss of investment.

Sometimes, things don't work that way and those times when the rumours and FUD is being spread is when price takes a small hit then rise further to a new height that have not been witnessed before. Based on that, I feel the time to exit should be on the individual basis because if everyone should rely on the news to exit at once, the market will crash to the amazement of many and that loss you are trying to avoid comes quickly rather everyone should set a target which should be followed that would take of the    how fall in price you are likely to take and then exit.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 04, 2018, 03:00:05 AM
yup you're right the most effective weapon to make something fall is news, even that news is fake but if that fake news reported on a continuous basis, it will be a truth. specially in trading world when people depend on news and issues to make decicion and take action.
Newbies were not confident enough about their holdings that's why when there are news about it ,they get too attracted easily that affects the market too much since many investors from stocks were just new in crypto.

Apparently there's lot of newbies in crypto world and don't have any idea what's really going on so no wonder even just a small news their hands are shaken.
And the sad reality that news can be paid and manipulated so if they want to accumulate fuds are every where and when it's time to take profit good news are releasing every day. And it just better to filter whatever we read and don't be easily deceive.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
March 04, 2018, 12:22:12 AM
Haha I think everyone is under the impression that they need the news before everyone else in order to make the best decision. You don't really, but I mean it could help, possibly. The issue is, it's a worldwide currency so what you think will make a major impact on Bitcoin could end up being a normal daily 5% dip. There would be lots of speculators stating that it's because of XYZ, but you would never actually know why it dropped 5%.

If there's lots of FUD, buy buy buy. Don't be afraid to sell off some Bitcoins when you reach new all time highs.
Activity: 946
Merit: 500
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
March 04, 2018, 12:19:19 AM
yup you're right the most effective weapon to make something fall is news, even that news is fake but if that fake news reported on a continuous basis, it will be a truth. specially in trading world when people depend on news and issues to make decicion and take action.
Newbies were not confident enough about their holdings that's why when there are news about it ,they get too attracted easily that affects the market too much since many investors from stocks were just new in crypto.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
March 03, 2018, 11:39:37 PM
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
March 03, 2018, 11:15:22 PM

When media talks often about the dump and publish articles, then that is the RIGHT TIME TO EXIT.
News, rumours, speculations could have a big impact and can affect the price of altcoins. They concide the price movements resulting in pump and dump.

Believe me, I did that and it really works. Prevents deficits and prevents loss of investment.

Thanks for this, and the problem I usually face is that, Its already late to go exit,  Cheesy been choosing whether to cut loss or Hold. been find myself always on the HOLD.

Activity: 644
Merit: 261
March 03, 2018, 10:48:02 PM

I agree with buy the rumor, sell the news. News has a big impact on the prices of the coins and if ever there is a rumor about a listing of a coin in big exchange or a partnership with big companies, people would want to take the opportunity to buy the coin because it is expected that more people would buy it not because of the partnership and the potential increase of value of the project but because they expect that volume would go up because of the hype. An announcement of an actual event would make the price of the coin go up but upon the happening of the actual event, most people would exit because there is no anticipation anymore.

One of the example as well is the announcement of airdrop. People would buy the coin not because they want to have a share of the coin that would be airdrop but because they anticipate the increase of price and before the snapshot, they would sell the coin resulting to a downward movement and a crash of the coin like what happen to NXT.
Activity: 123
Merit: 1
March 03, 2018, 08:39:00 PM
The best time to exit trading is when a coin suddenly pumped up to 2000% or higher in a single day. In more instance. Its also wise to exit trade when a coin pump for more than 100% to 1000% in just several days.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
March 03, 2018, 08:08:45 PM
I’ve reached the point of holding rather than trading. The main reason is that the new tax laws in the US for 2018 are requiring us to not only track every trade, but to claim capital gains for every trade even if it’s from one cryptocurrency to another. This means that most of my trades will be subject to short term capital gains. It’s just not worth it so I am just holding mostly for now.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
March 03, 2018, 07:26:20 PM
I agree with you in this term as I have also seen this type of relation with every crypto specially when news/announcement was not big and don't have direct impact on future adoption of the coin.

News regarding partnership, roadmap, new wallet etc lies under not a big update mostly but they are strong enough to create a bull run before the actual announcement..

In addition to what you've said, the problem for traders is that they didnt know how or when to exit. Rumors and news are the sign to exit. It works for me.

Yup, specially when greed sets it. That's why it really good if you have that kind of exit strategy. So that if you have reach it, you need to get out to avoid risk of getting burn at the end.

However, when you "hope" that you can get squeeze a bit more of profit, you tend to forget your exit strategy and soon you will realized it when your coins suddenly plummeted. So instead of you gaining, you ended up on the losing end or your profit was not maximized.
Activity: 868
Merit: 185
Roobet supporter and player!
March 03, 2018, 07:14:11 PM
you need to set the your targets. dont go with the flow, dont follow the crowd. just make ur profit target and right after the exist dont even bother to look at that coin again
This is the first we need to do when we will trade, we need to set our targets in our coins. If we think that we are profitable enough then we should exit the game. Do not wait until the price going down because probably, you may trap to the price and will cause for us to hold our coins again.
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
March 03, 2018, 06:48:09 PM
I agree with you in this term as I have also seen this type of relation with every crypto specially when news/announcement was not big and don't have direct impact on future adoption of the coin.

News regarding partnership, roadmap, new wallet etc lies under not a big update mostly but they are strong enough to create a bull run before the actual announcement..

In addition to what you've said, the problem for traders is that they didnt know how or when to exit. Rumors and news are the sign to exit. It works for me.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
March 03, 2018, 10:09:02 AM
you exit trading when you are extremely profitable. do not believe you are invincible, you are just lucky.

What do you mean by extremely profitable?

You should set some target limits for your profit but that target should be reasonable to achieve not like 100% or few 100% growth. If you're more greedy then you may not make a profit from your trades.

you also exit trading when you have lost more than you can afford. do not chase losses, the market owes you nothing and will give you nothing.

This way of trading is very dangerous. You should put some limit on your losses not that you need to wait until you lose a lot of money from a single trade. I usually set around 10% loss for my every trade to exit.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 537
March 03, 2018, 09:51:03 AM
People nowadays are stuck in the world of trading that may cause their loss of capital, may cause their eagerness to recover their investment. Ending up sinking the money they have invested. AND Doesn't know how to exit in the game.

Also, FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) is a normal feeling of traders when coins are actually dumped big time.

Here's how. We all know that media plays a big role in the dump value of some coins.

Accdg. To this site
https://cryptopotato.com/8-must-read-tips-trading-bitcoin-altcoins/  (contains also tips on trading)

News isn't too reliable now even Technical analysis sometimes is not very useful. That rumors buy and sell is not the exit point. What i do is to based on the news before i exit and by TA. to confirmed but when it goes wrong i am just leaving it ang pick another coin
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
March 03, 2018, 09:41:35 AM

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 03, 2018, 09:37:54 AM

Accdg. To this site

If you are already an experienced trader which do mostly basing on fundamentals then this is most likely the scenario would happen or the possible steps you would mainly do. Media,News together with Fuds will really make an effect which you can already have the idea on the right time to exit.Might not be the precise time but atleast you made it to get out before the dumping happens.

Well i guess its the same with many traders. Rumors for example, of forks, coinsburns, exchange listings, these are good times to.accumulate coins. Then have a realistic figure of when to sell and place an order. Fomo is one of the biggest mistake many commit since you may enter at the the peak of a pump and it will take a long time to recover or you sell at a loss.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
March 03, 2018, 09:33:57 AM
If focusing with how the market reacts each time news showed up, then we will be able to find a good timing to make an exit, the market is really full of speculations and the best way to earn is to be always in the right timing, good judgement and always analyze the situations are both needed to assure yourself that you are in the right position, better to learn more about this trading skills to earn more from this activity.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
March 03, 2018, 09:19:53 AM
Its true that many times,the market faces some effects due to media news.Most of the time,such media were influenced by big whales to make their desired effects over the market.But being a trader,it would not be good to always decide to exit based on media news.Every trader should have his own strategy and should set his own target limits so that he could remain clear i his decision of making exit despite critical market situations.Some times,they would have to wait till recovery of osses and some times they would have to just exit bearing losses to avoid facing more huge losses.
Pages:
Jump to: