Pages:
Author

Topic: The biggest Crime in cryptocurrency - page 2. (Read 14732 times)

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
May 24, 2019, 10:24:06 AM
As far as I know the hack of cryptocurrency exchange Mt. Gox remains the biggest one by the largest amount of bitcoins ever stolen. Over 850k bitcoins have been stolen that valued $460 million in 2014. At bitcoin current price, it is around $6.7 billion and its peak price it would cost $17 billion. Cybercriminals are actively hunting for cryptocurrencies inventing highly sophisticated tools and approaches. According to a report by a cryptocurrency intelligence agency, in 2018, hackers stole $1.7 billion worth of cryptocurrency despite the low value of coins. It speaks for the poor security that must be improved. Otherwise, we won’t see mass adoption of the cryptocurrency.

So far that's the biggest, the previous Canadian exchange and cryptopia is just a small percentage compare to it. Wait for a little longer, we'll see the biggest in the history that could ever happen, centralization is always going to screw us all and if a famous exchange suddenly get compromised it would be a record breaking. It sometimes happen the least we expect.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
May 24, 2019, 10:08:49 AM
There are a lot of crimes that revolves around Cryptocurrency. Users of Cryptocurrency are always bothered with being hacked and they are not doing a thing about it. They should stay vigilant when using websites that are not trusted and not properly endorsed. Some crime involves governments and for me, that is one big crime involving Cryptocurrency because not all countries are knowledgeable about Cryptocurrency and it may be possible for users to abuse it in that country. It may be manipulated in a wrong way and might be used to gain more power thru wealth.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 24, 2019, 06:37:05 AM
We've heard exchange getting hacked and millions of dollar worth crypto being stolen. 
Last year, Myetherwallet was exposed and hacker penetrated and stole alot.
Scam ICO made away with millions in recent years.
Crypto traders and investors are taking precautions so as to not fall victim. This doesn't guarantee Scam free Crypto space coz right now someone is being scam.

What could be the biggest Crime in cryptocurrency
Actually I don’t give a damn for this kind of issues as for me negative news only brings panic and bad impact to the community so i prefer ignoring such kind of topics ,though recently binance becomes another victim of hacking but I didn’t get the details since I am not interested

If the federal or central banks started carrying cryptocurrency from ICOs instead of cash I could foresee more banks getting "hacked" and essentially robbed in the future.
That’s about soul he in news but reality?we don’t know if there are some inside jobs happening?who should know right?

So what happens in future lies on how the security and assurance maybe
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
May 24, 2019, 06:30:02 AM
As far as I know the hack of cryptocurrency exchange Mt. Gox remains the biggest one by the largest amount of bitcoins ever stolen. Over 850k bitcoins have been stolen that valued $460 million in 2014. At bitcoin current price, it is around $6.7 billion and its peak price it would cost $17 billion. Cybercriminals are actively hunting for cryptocurrencies inventing highly sophisticated tools and approaches. According to a report by a cryptocurrency intelligence agency, in 2018, hackers stole $1.7 billion worth of cryptocurrency despite the low value of coins. It speaks for the poor security that must be improved. Otherwise, we won’t see mass adoption of the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
April 27, 2019, 12:24:39 PM
To avoid crime in the crypto world is indeed difficult, all depends on ourselves, do not be lured by the lure of ICO investment with a very large profit value, sometimes it is a scam. Keep searching first for where you want to invest in the ICO, track the team behind it.
Yeah it's depends in ourself, but if the security system builded with a great barrier, hackers will not able to steal our account.
So, people are must be more careful, and the security should be improved also
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 27, 2019, 12:02:50 PM
The dangers and stalking in the crypto market are always going on and just the carelessness you will pay and lose all. Hackers always attack us to steal information and Bitcoin.
yes, sometimes people forbid storing their assets on an exchanger because of this problem. sometimes this really affects many parties, even that can make a big loss, and make the price down. so many crimes can occur on the internet, and sometimes the biggest crime can be hacking in a market, especially a large market.
Activity: 119
Merit: 6
Hello =)
April 27, 2019, 09:36:38 AM
If the federal or central banks started carrying cryptocurrency from ICOs instead of cash I could foresee more banks getting "hacked" and essentially robbed in the future.
Activity: 952
Merit: 323
April 27, 2019, 06:36:59 AM
We've heard exchange getting hacked and millions of dollar worth crypto being stolen. 
Crypto traders and investors are taking precautions so as to not fall victim. This doesn't guarantee Scam free Crypto space coz right now someone is being scam.

Since there are lack of governments control in ICO project then some bad people create ICO project to scam people. I think government should have more role in this investment world but not to restrict or ban cryptocurrency. Government's afraidness about cryptocurrency is too excessive. Now most of hackers are give more attention to bitcoin because they cam get a lot of money from it by stole it or any methode. There are many crime so we have to be careful. I warn any people to always make sure that the website that they visit is right because there are many fake website so if you use service in that fake website then you can lose your money.
Activity: 790
Merit: 251
April 27, 2019, 05:52:15 AM
The dangers and stalking in the crypto market are always going on and just the carelessness you will pay and lose all. Hackers always attack us to steal information and Bitcoin.
Activity: 512
Merit: 100
April 27, 2019, 05:40:23 AM
I'm not updated recently in the news of crypto but all in all here are that are happening in this current situation is all about hacking, because we've seen that people or hackers are easily breaching the security of an exchange or other related in crypto that have a money or value in there.
Activity: 240
Merit: 2
April 27, 2019, 02:47:16 AM

Mt.Gox was and will always be the biggest crime, in terms of number of bitcoins, but perhaps not usd$.
That Mark Karpeles is laughing with everyone's coins still. He will come out of his 3 month prison sentence with billions.  

He should be hung, the amount of lives he ruined is as bad as the bankers.

https://www.coindesk.com/mt-goxs-mark-karpeles-found-guilty-given-2-6-year-suspended-sentence

A ponzi scheme (GEThelpworldwide.com)  that surfaced in late 2016 and collapsed in 2017 made away with thousands of bitcoins. There are a lot of crimes in the crypto space. One need to be careful. Most of these crypto crimes committed is because people trust too much. They exploit your ability to trust a lot.
Activity: 240
Merit: 2
April 27, 2019, 02:43:43 AM

I think the biggest crimes in cryptocurrencies are centralized cryptocurrencies exchanges. They tend to pose potential risks for traders and those that entrust their funds with them. A lot of things can happen that can compromise these exchanges and make users lose their funds. Too much trust is centralized. This alone defies the sole essence of the blockchain technology which is to eliminate TRUST.
Activity: 224
Merit: 62
April 27, 2019, 01:10:27 AM

Mt.Gox was and will always be the biggest crime, in terms of number of bitcoins, but perhaps not usd$.
That Mark Karpeles is laughing with everyone's coins still. He will come out of his 3 month prison sentence with billions.  

He should be hung, the amount of lives he ruined is as bad as the bankers.

https://www.coindesk.com/mt-goxs-mark-karpeles-found-guilty-given-2-6-year-suspended-sentence
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
April 27, 2019, 01:01:39 AM
In my opinion, the biggest offense in Cryptocurrency is to cheat. Cryptocurrency is very important in this online time. Many people cheat with this cryptocurrency, their main goal is to deceive people by cheating. There are many such fraudulent online sites that they have gained the belief of people and then cheated them with them. Many are being cheated by these online sites. And because of the fraud, the reputation of the online sites is being lost, so in my opinion, the biggest criminal fraud in the Cryptocurrency.

Thank You
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
April 26, 2019, 03:59:25 PM
I agree.  I believe that the biggest crime will be that the cryptocurrency is hacked and it will all go to hell.  Here it will be funny.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
April 26, 2019, 03:28:09 PM
The biggest crime in the crypto sphere till date is the Mt. Gox hack, and lots of exchanges need to learn from that least we have another disaster
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
April 26, 2019, 03:07:27 PM
What does it matter the size of the crime, the fact that crypto is mostly associated with scams is really something to be concerned about, the size of the crime wether big or small does not make it okey, a crime is a crime wether big or small, i think is very important for people to be more vigilant about the project they invested or the exchange they keep their funds, better yet store your funds on your personal wallet.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
April 26, 2019, 12:38:47 PM
Гдe бы нe кpyтилиcь дeньги ,тaм и бyдyт пpecтyплeния.C кpиптoвaлютoй кoнeчнo пocлoжнee нo вce жe.Cлышaл o тoм чтo мнoгo кoшeлькoв взлaмывaют из зa нeвнимaтeльнocти пoльзoвaтeля и кpaдyт кpиптy,этo кoнeчнo жecть...
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
April 26, 2019, 12:20:41 PM
The biggest crime in Crypto currencies are the fact that private centralized institutions hijacked the whole experiment and then caused all these problems. Satoshi did not want people to do P2P transactions via 3rd part centralized services, he wanted people to trade 1 on 1.

These centralized services used exploitable code and hackers and thieves quickly realized this and they targeted these vulnerabilities. So Bitcoin was not responsible for these hacks, but rather 3rd party services with weak software.  Angry

I can see your point but there is not any trust between two people that exchange value in 1 on 1.
We still need a protocol to be created and protect both of the actors in a transaction like this one. Otherwise, we will still be in this vicious cycle and will be in need for a 3rd party that would act as an escrow.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
April 26, 2019, 10:41:55 AM
Biggest crime in cryptocurrency? It's obvious it is the Mt. Gox hack. A little crash course on that hack, Mt. Gox is an exchange and it was the largest bitcoin exchange at early 2014 and it was hacked on February 2014. Imagine, about 740,000 bitcoin were hacked. It is still the biggest crime for me.
Pages:
Jump to: