Pages:
Author

Topic: The biggest Crime in cryptocurrency - page 6. (Read 14732 times)

Activity: 385
Merit: 101
April 21, 2019, 01:56:07 AM
This is internet where anything is hackable.

Can we prevent it happen ?
Yes, the site for example MEW already tell you for security purpose, you should active 2FA, bookmark their website, etc

Everything in real life is able to be stolen as well, everything has a risk.  Just because something is digital doesn't mean it has more risk.  Its all just FUD from the mainstream bankers trying to bring bitcoin down, don't be swayed by their lives when we have a real chance to break free from their chains.
Activity: 644
Merit: 264
Aurox
April 21, 2019, 01:16:50 AM
I do agree that scammers with online investment scheme are one of the biggest crimes in terms of cryptocurrency. For example, bitconnect and onecoin they have bagged billions of dollars of money from thousands of people all over the world. If we compare it to hacking of big websites such as the hacking incident at Bitfinex, Mtgox and other exchanges these online investment schemes using cryptocurrency as a facade have already made tons of money compared to what has lost with the hacking of big exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
April 20, 2019, 11:22:26 PM

Yes, the site for example MEW already tell you for security purpose, you should active 2FA, bookmark their website, etc
Actually we have been given the option to keep the wallet safer, i.e. with 2fa. as long as they don't have your cellphone then your wallet is safe. I almost had theft in my main wallet, and luckily I installed 2fa, otherwise it would be the biggest crime for me
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
April 20, 2019, 01:24:39 PM
I think there are many crime who are occur in cryptocurrency world, like hacking and scamming of some ICOs or projects right now. Many of the projects and bounties right now is scam although they reach the hard fork or the goal of the ICOs. Another example is the scamming in trading in which is top crime for now, many are getting scam because of lack of knowledge so Its better if we will have some good information and knowledge about trading.
Your right! The number of people who are getting scam nowadays become so big and it gets higher and higher time goes by. Enough knowledge and proper studying is really in need for you to avoid those scammers so better if you really know how to handle those kinds of people.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
April 20, 2019, 01:33:49 PM
We've heard exchange getting hacked and millions of dollar worth crypto being stolen. 
Last year, Myetherwallet was exposed and hacker penetrated and stole alot.
Scam ICO made away with millions in recent years.
Crypto traders and investors are taking precautions so as to not fall victim. This doesn't guarantee Scam free Crypto space coz right now someone is being scam.

What could be the biggest Crime in cryptocurrency

Online crime is a big crime but many of scammer staying there for scam money. It is so bad news who are involved with investing and trading any exchange. But there is no possibility to arrest them for the scam. That's fully unfair for an innocent investor. My friend also a victim for hacked his myetherwallet. People still belive on crypto for getting money and knowledge. We can protest scam ICO by unity.
Activity: 154
April 20, 2019, 01:26:50 PM
I think there are many crime who are occur in cryptocurrency world, like hacking and scamming of some ICOs or projects right now. Many of the projects and bounties right now is scam although they reach the hard fork or the goal of the ICOs. Another example is the scamming in trading in which is top crime for now, many are getting scam because of lack of knowledge so Its better if we will have some good information and knowledge about trading.
Your right! The number of people who are getting scam nowadays become so big and it gets higher and higher time goes by. Enough knowledge and proper studying is really in need for you to avoid those scammers so better if you really know how to handle those kinds of people.
The best thing to do is to study and read some article about trading and exchanging so that you may know what to do in a real situation in which scammers really want to do. For example if you really want to try some trading for just to gain some experience you can try darb to trade and exchange some earnings so that you can gain the actual experience for trading and exchanging some tokens and coins.
Activity: 154
April 20, 2019, 01:21:44 PM
Activity: 1064
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 20, 2019, 11:19:53 AM
We are here for money so with large amounts of money will always attract thieves, so accept these high risks if you want to make a lot of money. Don't worry technology and protection platforms are getting better and more safe for investors.
Yes, technologically cryptocurrency is becoming safer. But this does not mean that us need to relate to the security of our own crypto assets irresponsibly. Personally, I plan to buy Ledger NanoS or Tresor. Not yet decided which one is better.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
April 20, 2019, 10:44:10 AM
We've heard exchange getting hacked and millions of dollar worth crypto being stolen. 
Crypto traders and investors are taking precautions so as to not fall victim. This doesn't guarantee Scam free Crypto space coz right now someone is being scam.

Bitconnect is making hype of bitcoin with ponzi scheme, that's why in 2017 people are really hype with crypto and the price reached all time high.
Since that time, people are not trusting anymore and this time is crypto building the trust again
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
April 20, 2019, 10:42:31 AM
Mt Gox left the users by not paying their fund and hacking attacks happening with the name bitcoin are the biggest problems so far for the cryptocurrency. Then we could add news site spreading fake news also as the criminals.
Making people and threating them are different so news site are the biggest criminals in my point of view.
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
April 20, 2019, 10:08:39 AM
I think your submission has answered the question here.
Hack is the highest cryptocurrency crime .
I would have said scam, but I realized it's still same with havking of ones account because it revolves around loss of funds and getting the victims frustrated and depressed.
Activity: 363
Merit: 10
April 20, 2019, 09:24:24 AM
We are here for money so with large amounts of money will always attract thieves, so accept these high risks if you want to make a lot of money. Don't worry technology and protection platforms are getting better and more safe for investors.
Activity: 29
April 20, 2019, 08:17:54 AM
Hijacking and scamming money are some of the biggest crime in cryptocurrency, where one's money is stolen in their accounts. Everyone could be a victim so everyone must be aware of it, but the thing here is we can be able to prevent it and secure our money for the future.
It's very frightening hearing all your money may be stolen by others. What should i do in order to protect it from the hackers?
Your money is at risk if you dont have any security on it, it may be gone or stolen by others, that is why it is important that our huge funds is safely stored. Actually in order for me to secure my money, I entrust it to darb.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
April 20, 2019, 09:24:04 AM

Activity: 457
Merit: 262
April 20, 2019, 09:20:55 AM

These hacks made a lot of users destitute, but I am surprised that you haven't mentioned about the biggest crypto-robbery till date. The Mt Gox robbery resulted in the loss of more than 650,000 coins (worth $3.5 billion at today's exchange rates) and a significant amount of fiat. Five years have passed and there has been no progress in the investigation. Most of us have give up hope that those stolen coins will be recovered and returned to us.
brand new
Activity: 0
April 20, 2019, 08:02:05 AM
Hijacking and scamming money are some of the biggest crime in cryptocurrency, where one's money is stolen in their accounts. Everyone could be a victim so everyone must be aware of it, but the thing here is we can be able to prevent it and secure our money for the future.
It's very frightening hearing all your money may be stolen by others. What should i do in order to protect it from the hackers?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
April 20, 2019, 08:12:28 AM
The biggest crime in Crypto currencies are the fact that private centralized institutions hijacked the whole experiment and then caused all these problems. Satoshi did not want people to do P2P transactions via 3rd part centralized services, he wanted people to trade 1 on 1.

These centralized services used exploitable code and hackers and thieves quickly realized this and they targeted these vulnerabilities. So Bitcoin was not responsible for these hacks, but rather 3rd party services with weak software.  Angry

This! Play it safe, Use a phone wallet to store you coins for the long term (write your seed in a paper!) and dont use any centralized service or exchange as a mid or long term wallet.
Activity: 29
April 20, 2019, 07:46:34 AM
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
April 20, 2019, 07:11:56 AM
crime in the world of cryptocurrency is indeed a lot and in my opinion this is a field for scamer to make money, in terms of investment alone, ICO is currently relatively inclined to scam, and has brought our assets money, so keep reviewing before you go into the world of cryptocurrency
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
April 20, 2019, 06:19:10 AM
The hardest thing about being scammed in crypto world is that you can't do anything about it. You can't sue anyone because most of them are anonymous. The best thing that we can do to get rid of this crime is to be observant and smarter than scammers who know nothing but to steal our funds. We should be careful in every activity that we are doing.
Pages:
Jump to: