Pages:
Author

Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins - page 3. (Read 4875 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 100
September 22, 2018, 12:49:24 PM
Yes, I agree with you, the main problem of Crypto is pump and dump, but behind this, the main attraction of Crypto is pump and dump, because people flocked to try and take advantage of Crypto through the pump and dump.
Activity: 476
September 22, 2018, 09:49:26 AM
I believe that the biggest problem with altcoins is that many of them do not have a working product. That is, there is no reason for the price increase.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 22, 2018, 04:36:10 AM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
i was wondering lately, can't such coins as eth or ada stay away from btc influence? and by the way, what holds it from being independent? i think i don't understand something
Activity: 293
September 21, 2018, 12:39:58 AM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

That is not really much of a problem when you see that bitcoin is still holding up quite well and the altcoins seem to not be doing very well, there is a lot more that can be done for the coins by their investors. The thing is bitcoin is what they get their value from and if there wasn't bitcoin to give value to the coin then the prices would be totally irrational
Activity: 350
Merit: 107
September 20, 2018, 12:27:20 PM
The price of all altcoins is tied to bitcoin. This is the fault of the centralized exchanges. While blocking technology is young and unsuitable for creating a decentralized exchange with large trades volumes. When such an exchange is created and people can change the altcoins directly P2P, the situation will change dramatically. From this point forward perspective altcoins will grow regardless of bitcoin
Activity: 406
keyTango
September 20, 2018, 12:25:12 PM
Altcoins are just a copy of the main coin with some improvements. And consequently they depend very much on the state of their "parent".
Activity: 175
Merit: 0
September 20, 2018, 12:20:02 PM

The biggest problem of altcoins arises when the choice is wrong. My coins are Paragon, Stellar and Ripple. These are some excellent coins and I am sure they shall rise very soon.
Activity: 126
September 20, 2018, 05:53:49 AM

one of the biggest problems on altcoins is the propagating of dump altcoins everyday. as many altcoins showup in the market it creates abnormal fluctuations on prices. the market is actually not big enough to cater all the altcoins and the upcoming altclins soon. which creates a dumpcoin circulating in the market
Activity: 210
September 20, 2018, 05:40:11 AM
in my opinion, a major problem faced by altcoin is due to more competition. so it would be very likely to be less potential altcoin be knocked out. Now this new type of altcoin remained and unable to stem any more.
Activity: 379
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
September 20, 2018, 05:24:58 AM
Bitcoin is the master of this market, so other altcoins must follow its dynamics. This also proves that this market is not big enough now. When the market grows strong enough, I believe that this situation will change.
Activity: 420
September 20, 2018, 05:19:56 AM
Some altcoins are moving complete independently from bitcoin (if they have a strong catalyst), especially lower caps
Activity: 563
Merit: 101
September 19, 2018, 09:37:47 AM
Most alts only have a slick looking wallet, a good looking website and a whitepaper written in 1 day with default Word formatting. Thats all theyve done with the millions made of dumping on their holders.

They have no idea how to go forward but all you think is, Wow thats a nice wallet, i love my coin/project.
September 16, 2018, 07:13:06 PM
Yes, I agree that the dependence on bitcoin is the main problem of altcoins and when a coin that will surpass bitcoin, it will become a new leader in the cryptocurrency market
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
September 16, 2018, 03:42:57 PM
Bitcoin is the market leader and other coins follow it but not all the coins with the same percentage.
For example Ethereum price was 1/9 price of BTC in January and now is 1/29 , so the market moves
together but there are clear winners and losers.
Activity: 35
September 16, 2018, 01:11:28 PM
For me, one of the main problem is you cannot define or a method to confirm the scam and fraud project here. Yes, there's a lot of thread here that help you to see those shady projects but it's not enough specially if you can't understand some meaning of it.
Merit: 2
September 05, 2018, 03:42:15 AM
Yes, altcoins are now very dependent on bitcoin, not because he is better than them, but simply because to buy any altcoins need to first bitcoin, and then buy the right coins. Bitcoin is very popular when it drops people in panic starts to sell altcoins then to buy them at a lower price. I think everything will change when the market size is large enough and the domination of the bitcoin market will be 30%.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
September 16, 2018, 01:06:56 PM
I think it all depends on btc. Once btc dies, other coin can not live. But I think the other co-blockchain technology is also very useful!
Activity: 248
The Exchange for EOS Community
September 16, 2018, 01:03:29 PM

Yes its true i do also think this is the flaw of cryptocurrency, altcoins is so dependent with bitcoin price, and we dont know how long this going to last. Altcoins should be free from bitcoin so altcoins could live independently and grow independently, i think it would attract more customer that way.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
September 16, 2018, 12:59:10 PM
This is a really big problem. I think in the future the dominance of bitcoin will be less. But now alts stay dependent.
Activity: 8
September 16, 2018, 12:58:38 PM
In my opinion the biggest problem of alts is their dependance on BTC and ETH.
Pages:
Jump to: