Pages:
Author

Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins - page 31. (Read 4878 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
June 06, 2018, 11:32:35 AM
We can talk about all the altcoins and technologies they use but the main problem of altcoins is Bitcoin. This guy rule everything in the industry and even the coin like ETH cannot change the game. And that's a pity. Because some of the altcoins are already better with transaction speed then btc, but the still influenced by btc...
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
June 06, 2018, 10:28:07 AM
The biggest problems of  altcoins is they dont have a product that is for long term.and once listed in a major exchange and the price went up they die afterwards.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 101
June 06, 2018, 10:17:32 AM
Yes you're right mate concerning the altcoin and BTC relation on price. But sometimes various coins can go against the grain and perform green while BTC can struggle, I remember ZEC doing fine while BTC was struggling.
Activity: 350
June 06, 2018, 10:00:41 AM
To defeat Bitcoin, an altcoin would require not just superior technology, but such vastly superior technology as to be an advance over Bitcoin comparable to the advance Bitcoin represents over fiat currency. Furthermore, a truly great innovation would much better serve people by being incorporated into future versions of Bitcoin rather than by requiring them to switch to something else

I think altcoin will have its own development direction instead of trying to replace Bitcoin because it's impossible. Altcoin has a huge problem that is strongly influenced by the bitcoin variation, when bitcoin changes the value, almost all of the remaining altcoin also change and that makes many investors uncomfortable despite investing in good altcoin.
Activity: 168
June 06, 2018, 09:11:19 AM
I agree with the author of the topic. But not 100%. the more fundamental the basis of altcoins, the more chances for independent development. Ethereum - the most vivid example
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
June 06, 2018, 05:09:44 AM
The most problem I see in alts is their teams and future monetization of their products. Most alts I don't see how to use and who will pay for this new tech that they are creating. And teams of devs can forget about the project and you can't do anything. 
I agree, I think that all the coins except bitcoin and Ethereum are in the perspective of scams, since now just on the HYIP everyone decided to do it and make a lot of money! Almost no good they do not carry! In addition to 5-10 coins
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
June 06, 2018, 04:36:23 AM
The most problem I see in alts is their teams and future monetization of their products. Most alts I don't see how to use and who will pay for this new tech that they are creating. And teams of devs can forget about the project and you can't do anything. 
Activity: 406
June 06, 2018, 03:19:34 AM
Whales were obsessed with highly capitalized coins and did not want to go further, work for something truly new. Coins with low capitalization and little-known novelties are not so interesting to them. And little is supported by manipulation. Unfortunately, they react only to changing the price of bitcoins and play their game, perhaps they will look closer to ETH and NEO in the near future.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
June 06, 2018, 02:32:17 AM
To defeat Bitcoin, an altcoin would require not just superior technology, but such vastly superior technology as to be an advance over Bitcoin comparable to the advance Bitcoin represents over fiat currency. Furthermore, a truly great innovation would much better serve people by being incorporated into future versions of Bitcoin rather than by requiring them to switch to something else
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
June 06, 2018, 12:43:00 AM
I think the biggest problem of altcoins is that they still have limited practical use.
Btc still have bigger practical use as first crypto coin. You must still often for instance buy or sell btc in order to trade altcoin.
Ethereum as most stable altcoin has biggest practical use, for instance as ERC-20 tokens base.
But this is changing!

The reason for this is not a mystery, most of the altcoins are not used much because altcoins are not that useful, the few projects which are have huge market caps, look at ethereum, litecoin, monero or dash and you will see useful coins and what happens? The community uses those coins but if a coin does not really have a reason to exist then it is not going to used as much.
Activity: 210
Merit: 35
June 05, 2018, 10:11:03 PM
I think most people think too positive, I think we should also think realistically by looking at the issues and market prices are up and down
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 05, 2018, 08:14:23 PM
I think altcoins need time to can up and don’t control by BTC
Activity: 252
pantang menyerah
June 05, 2018, 06:31:06 PM
I think many altcoins are not able to compete in the market because of the benefits that are less than the use or holding of the coin. The vision and mission of the project and the roadmap that runs are the main factors affecting the level of benefits of the coin, so we need to review first, before buying coins.
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
June 05, 2018, 06:21:08 PM
Altcoin prices can not be independent from bitcoin since the trading system and all exchanges are using bitcoin price parity. If bitcoin price drops more than the rise of an altcoin price, it will also seems to drop. Bitcoin price should be stable for reliable altcoin prices.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
June 05, 2018, 04:34:56 PM
Cryptocurrency is a new technology, and I'm sure they have a major problem. All new things also have a major problem, which can affect the overall crypto currency in general.
Activity: 120
June 05, 2018, 03:18:05 PM
Yes you are right. This is actually a very big problem. What kind of decentralization can we talk about when this happens on the market?
Activity: 196
June 05, 2018, 02:16:58 PM
Each and everything happening with the virtual currencies were completely unpredictable. It is our own goodness to be secure overcoming the issues that exist around. Altcoins were highly fluctuating and similar to bitcoin the price moves much higher at some point and one who miss it out will not get an chance once again to profit selling at the ath.
Activity: 378
June 05, 2018, 12:15:44 PM
BTC is the rex of every thumps,There stem they should grunter a addictions with both. But Other  blockchain techonologies are fairly preferable fairly than BTC
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
May 26, 2018, 01:04:31 AM
The only problem of altcoins is when btc goes down they follow,however some altcoins are not affected by the sudden down of bitcoin but majority of all the altcoins are depending on bitcoins price.
Activity: 154
May 26, 2018, 12:42:25 AM
The big problem at altcoin is that bitcoin affects everything. And the general dynamics of market development, too.
But remember there are always have dump and pump activity at the market to make some profit gathering and some people who give some pointers with certain coins.
That's what led me to conclude that bitcoin greatly affects the development of altcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: