Pages:
Author

Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins - page 32. (Read 4878 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
May 25, 2018, 11:49:32 PM
The problem with Altcoin is that it reacts excessively to the bitcoin fluctuation. Uncertainty is increasing in the long run. In this case you have to make buy-sell constantly. Find new projects, research, can be troublesome to trust. Sometimes the project can also be scam. Material and spiritual loss.
Well we can't avoid that but there are things we can do about it just go with the flow and trade with plans because if you don't have any of that probably you will lose all of your money. Total Marketcap still low for me that's why it can be easily controlled by those whales out there but once the marketcap goes to trillion they will hard time a little bit to control the market.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Augmented Reality World Discovered
May 25, 2018, 08:15:25 PM
I think the biggest problem of altcoins is that they still have limited practical use.
Btc still have bigger practical use as first crypto coin. You must still often for instance buy or sell btc in order to trade altcoin.
Ethereum as most stable altcoin has biggest practical use, for instance as ERC-20 tokens base.
But this is changing!
May 25, 2018, 06:42:43 PM
BTC is the king of every coins,There fore they must have a dependencies with both.But Other  blockchain techonologies are pretty good rather than BTC

BTC is the king of every coin, therefore they must have dependence on both. But other blockchain technology is pretty good than BTC. Agreed, ETH also still survive until now.
I think the biggest problem of altcoin in the present time is the trading volume of the whole market and especially the altcoin is very small so it is easily manipulated by speculators who want to control prices. The value of the coins in their favor. In addition, the fact that the market is creating too much altcoin has no real value also makes the cryptocurrency market diluted and lost confidence in many investors into altcoin.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
May 25, 2018, 05:57:13 PM
Actually, if you look at the bigger perspective, you could see the difference. It's not that way at all, for instance, if you are into some solid altcoin investment, like 3months hold, you could see the growth of its altcoin differently independent with BTC. But if you notice the trend, when bitcoin will slow down and so do alts. but when BTC goes up, alts will soar higher than what you think. So they longer you hold a potential, then more you will likely to gain your position.
That pattern is very common, when bitcoin goes up altcoins have a very strong tendency to go up as well and since they have a smaller market cap they can go up very rapidly, however the opposite pattern also happens when bitcoin goes down altcoins have a very strong tendency to go down as well and most of the time they go down faster than bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
May 18, 2018, 10:04:52 AM
Bitcoin is still considered as the mother of all coin so when most of the alt coins follows an identical move. About the pump group you cannot do anything with it. Unless of course you have more wealth than they do. Instead what you can donis to invest wisely.
Activity: 140
May 18, 2018, 09:51:11 AM
BTC is the king of every coins,There fore they must have a dependencies with both.But Other  blockchain techonologies are pretty good rather than BTC

BTC is the king of every coin, therefore they must have dependence on both. But other blockchain technology is pretty good than BTC. Agreed, ETH also still survive until now.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
May 17, 2018, 05:53:55 PM
The problem with Altcoin is that it reacts excessively to the bitcoin fluctuation. Uncertainty is increasing in the long run. In this case you have to make buy-sell constantly. Find new projects, research, can be troublesome to trust. Sometimes the project can also be scam. Material and spiritual loss.
Activity: 351
May 17, 2018, 02:16:10 AM
It`s true that the Altcoin is now fluctuating in price BTC, which shows the Altcoin is still manipulated by the shark. However, the future of the altcoinracs will die only the valuable Altcoin exists and it will escape the price impact of BTC.
Activity: 14
May 17, 2018, 01:36:46 AM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

True, bitcoin will not go any better because bitcoin does not get support from other coins, because if bitcoin does not support altcoin, etherum and so on, bitcoin will stay idle at current prices, because the coins others also develop their own coi.
Activity: 206
May 17, 2018, 12:49:33 AM
 Wink it's my opinion, altcoin prices can not be independent from bitcoin since the trading system and all exchanges are using bitcoin price parity. If bitcoin price drops more than the rise of an altcoin price, it will also seems to drop. Bitcoin price should be stable for reliable altcoin prices.
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
May 16, 2018, 06:28:30 PM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

In a sense, you are right.
The market is pretty dependent on BTC because represents the father of all coins/tokens.
Secondly, on exchanges the main currency to buy an alt is BTC, together with ETH. Therefore, when BTC/USD decreases, so do other coins/tokens,
Thirdly, BTC is the oldest and most known currency in the hood. The big whales that barely got into the market buy BTC because is the most trustworthy and less volatile of all. And when the most trustworthy and old coin is shaking, a lot of people tend to think that everything starts falling apart and sell right away.
In the future I think that EOS will be a great contender to BTC thanks to its forever free taxes for transfers. With the upcoming EOSFINEX exchange that will use EOS as pairing for buying/selling alts we'll see a bit of a decrease in the dependancy of BTC. It's just a matter of time before we'll see the EOS/alts pair in most of the exchanges, in my opinion.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
May 16, 2018, 05:58:19 PM
The biggest problem I have with altcoin is that it is affected by the volatility of the market and the price of bitcoin. There are a lot of altcoin in the uptrend but only market fluctuations and bitcoin decrease then altcoin will also decrease. This reflects the current weakness of the cryptocurrency market which is very small capitalization compared to other financial markets so it is easy to be influenced and dominated.
Activity: 238
May 16, 2018, 04:47:50 PM
I think it all depends on the BTC. He is the king of all coins)) But in the market of crypto currency everything can change. ETH, too, can not be ignored.
Activity: 252
May 16, 2018, 04:21:24 PM
the biggest problem with altcoins all market depend on bitcoin price once bitcoin gets dump then automatically all altcoins trend to fall so until altcoins arent depending on other currency then this problem continues
Activity: 364
May 16, 2018, 03:34:04 PM
The biggest problem is the scam which has become too much. I think that it is necessary to struggle with this, but it is very difficult to come up with a method..
May 16, 2018, 03:31:08 PM
Next to this factor is that altcoin is only used to hold and sell and some of them cannot be used to buy something online or offline, I thinm this is the next problem after your problem.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
May 16, 2018, 02:32:27 PM
according to me it isn't because of altcoins are dependent to bitcoin yet it is about their same kind. Both are cryptocurrancies and both of the two will be bolstered out in a period this is my figure may be I am off course.
Activity: 215
May 16, 2018, 01:48:10 PM
The main problem with altcoins is that 95% of them are garbage.
Activity: 211
Santa Coin
May 16, 2018, 01:38:07 PM
Anybody can trade altcoins and not trade Bitcoin. But because Bitcoin is paired with nearly every altcoin is makes sense that there relationship is somewhat correlated. Not always, but in general all the x's and o's add up here.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
May 16, 2018, 12:48:20 PM
One day there will come a time when one of the altcoins, for example ETH, overtakes BTC capitalization and then the dependence on BTC will be much lower. BTC is not the most technologically advanced coin, it would be logical if in a couple of years it loses its position in the top 1.
Pages:
Jump to: