Pages:
Author

Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins - page 34. (Read 4878 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”
May 14, 2018, 01:00:03 PM
I can relate to this topic. I felt that I'm not alone after all.

Well finally, people pointed out the reasons why altcoins are having troubles whenever Bitcoin goes down. Its the complete dependency in Bitcoin. Its like the common sickness in crypto market that has no cure at all. Everyone are hoping that one day, these altcoins can stand independently on their own which is impossible to happened right now. This needs to have a good solution right away or else altcoins will turn priceless someday.
Activity: 854
May 14, 2018, 12:34:08 PM
Next to this factor is that altcoin is only used to hold and sell and some of them cannot be used to buy something online or offline, I thinm this is the next problem after your problem.

I have the same opinion. The crypto community need to focus more on retail and online e-commerce projects allowing you to use altcoins as a measure of payment, especially when it helps you to avoid paying extra taxes to governments.
Activity: 203
Merit: 0
May 14, 2018, 11:55:14 AM
Next to this factor is that altcoin is only used to hold and sell and some of them cannot be used to buy something online or offline, I thinm this is the next problem after your problem.
Activity: 112
May 14, 2018, 09:29:31 AM
Yes, I agree the biggest problem Altcoin is because it depends on Bitcoin. If Bitcoin cannot survive, I'm sure Altcoin also slowly cannot maintain its existence. Bitcoin is the most trusted and most promising coin so if the main coin is dead, the children will die.
Activity: 420
Merit: 134
May 14, 2018, 08:05:30 AM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

This is all because of the value dependency of shitcoins or altcoins on bitcoin.
based on the popularity and whales actively buying and hoarding bitcoins the altcoins are being affected by this.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
May 14, 2018, 08:02:13 AM
Some altcoins that depends on Ethereum will not be affected whatever happened to bitcoin. Ethereum could beat bitcoin and once it happened the dependency will washed out. Maybe Ethereum is a little bit dependent on bitcoin, the time will come that Ethereum will be more widely used since most of altcoins almost depends on Ethereum or other altcoins such as NEO, WAVES, or XEM.
Activity: 139
May 14, 2018, 06:25:19 AM
Any market needs support, pillars, on which all its liquidity and capitalization is held. To maintain the interest of participants, the market must live and develop at any stage of its movement, and not depend on one single tool. We are talking about the serious need for decentralization in the crypto-currency world. And sooner or later it will happen.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
May 13, 2018, 07:55:37 AM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
Biggest problem for altcoins is the fact that every innovation that covers specific use cases or fixes problems can be adopted by the Bitcoin Core team.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
May 13, 2018, 06:57:52 AM
In order for altcoin to declare independence from BTC, it needs at least to equalize in capitalization with BTC. And now it looks very unrealistic. Probably a couple of years BTC ticket ahead. But everything comes to an end, and some revolutionary altcoin will surely overtake the BTC.
Activity: 252
May 13, 2018, 06:06:56 AM
the same situation will continue as it is. If the jelly took the opportunity this would be very nice to invest primarily in the bitcoin himself. altcoin does indeed depend on the rise and fall of bitcoin but naturally, it will actually grow in taking the step.
Activity: 462
Merit: 14
May 13, 2018, 04:55:56 AM

You are right but I will add little bit more. Some altcoins are completely dependent on BTC but some are partially dependent on BTC. For example if BTC is down by 100% then completely dependent coin will go down by 200% and for partially dependent coin it will be vice versa. During my whole duration at this forum the only coin that I found, that is partially dependent on BTC is LOC.
Activity: 140
May 12, 2018, 09:41:58 PM
Until there is a new on-ramp to crypto where you don't have to buy BTC or ETH in order to buy alt's then there will always be this direct relationship. Here's one alt I've got my eye on what do you think? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-meet-the-people-making-crypto-mainstream-3085831
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
May 12, 2018, 07:16:21 PM
It is the problem of altcoins today but I am optimistic that with continuous development, more and more altcoins would finally get on their feet in their own just like Eth is doing now.
Activity: 252
May 12, 2018, 06:23:22 PM
Altcoins is a place for speculation! The main growth trend will always be bitcoin and etherium  Undecided
Activity: 58
May 12, 2018, 06:14:58 PM
It's problem is not a matter of its technology, but rather of history and community ,because bitcoin over the years has become a medium of exchange that is more widely accepted on the market than altcoins.
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
May 12, 2018, 05:59:18 PM

You are wrong, altcoins are diffrent, they use diffrent technology and in the future they will be more independent regarding the price. This happens because cryptomarket is young.
Activity: 98
May 12, 2018, 05:39:28 PM
Agreed, there is a big dependency of bitcoin in crypto compare with altcoins, bitcoins has been and will remain the dominant of crypto for a long time, even with a lot of good altcoins projects out there, people will always prefer to invest in bitcoin regardless; maybe because they want to invest in something that is familiar, who knows. Even people that is new to crypto wants to invest first in bitcoin and later in altcoins. It seems like bitcoin will not have the same fate as Yahoo or MySpace that were supplanted for a better version.
Activity: 225
Merit: 101
Presale is live!
May 12, 2018, 03:24:54 PM
Yeah,I've been thinking about this problem,too, that creates some difficulties in the altcoin trade.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
May 12, 2018, 01:23:16 PM
THe problem of altcoin is depend on TOP coin such as BTC or ETH. Because the technology of altcoins are not completed and the investors do not totaly belive in this altcoin, in downtrend, they only belive in USDT or BTC
Activity: 122
May 12, 2018, 07:56:58 AM
The biggest problem of altcoins is the red market, of course. But the lack of interest on the part of the community, and the emergence of competitors no less affects the situation.

I think it's not because altcoin depends on bitcoin but it's about the same type. Both are cryptocurrency and one of them will be liked at a time.
If you are looking for a candidate who can be par bitcoin, then the closest answer to that is Ethereum. I chose it by assessing the highest marketcap in addition to bitcoin and its use.
At our local online exchanger, ethereum already has its own way to convert directly to our fiat. It does not depend now for bitcoin in cashing it.
Pages:
Jump to: