Pages:
Author

Topic: The difference between science and religion - page 24. (Read 6490 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
When scientists disagree, they publish papers with evidence and experiments to back up their claims... the winner gets a nobel prize

When religions disagree, they kill each other... nobody wins

It was the morals of the religious that were trying to stop the scientists who were developing the first atomic bomb

Just stop... stop making up lies... please

If you want people to believe in your religion... you should stop lying... your book says not to lie

Pics or it didn't happen
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697
Noah had a variety of animals near where he lived.

So before the flood, polar bears and penguins lived in the Middle East. Got ya.

Honestly, I'd say it's best for you to stop talking and making yourself out to be possibly the biggest fool I've ever spoken to, but at this point you are providing everyone else with great comic relief.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
When scientists disagree, they publish papers with evidence and experiments to back up their claims... the winner gets a nobel prize

It was the morals of the religious that were trying to stop the scientists who were developing the first atomic bombs, which were used to kill and maim hundreds of thousands of Japanese people, and cause crippled children and grandchildren because of atomically "burned" reproduction organs.

Cool
legendary
You need to check things out a little. A simple Net search will show you this.

And a simple net search will show you why the story of Noah's ark is laughable.

Honestly, the irony of someone who believes such utter nonsense telling others to educate themselves is phenomenal. I'm embarrassed for you.

You've now met Badecker.

It's understandable why you would think this. The world has been in devolution, not evolution. Things were extremely different - much healthier - in the whole world in the ancient past. This can be seen in places where ancient vegetation has been archaeologically excavated. Noah had a variety of animals near where he lived. In addition, God caused the animals to come to Noah in the ark.

Cool
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

The history of science is full of wrong ideas, and of their eventual rejection.

The way to understand, ask what is a scientific hypothesis?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis

There is little more than this, except that various social and political factors certainly can influence science.

An example is "global warming." There is no formulated hypothesis capable of being tested, yet it is widely considered science. It is more accurately a "belief."

A scientist can belief in many things which are not testable by scientific hypothesis.

That is really what confuses me alot. If they hypothesis was based on the scientific method conducted by the scientists therefore both theorom were just a possibility. Which one will I believing if both hypothesis have solid evidences.

That only shows that science is not consistent because if thats the caseI believe that both scientists should came up with the same hypothesis.

Note that the only constant in this world is change.

If that is the case that scientists will just based their hypothesis to their beliefs then the study is not a fact
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

Honestly, the irony of someone who believes such utter nonsense telling others to educate themselves is phenomenal. I'm embarrassed for you.

You've now met Badecker.
legendary

~

Then why is it that scientists explains different theories. For example to where did humans originated.

Some do say we originated from monkeys. While others say we came from fish. Both of them provided some "solid evidence" aswell.

And how will you explain to me that maybe if not half, a lesser number of total scientists believes the existence of god even if they can't provide a solid evidence.

Just from the philosophy that simply science can't explain anything.
Does that mean that scientists themselves are not consistent?  

The history of science is full of wrong ideas, and of their eventual rejection.

The way to understand, ask what is a scientific hypothesis?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis

There is little more than this, except that various social and political factors certainly can influence science.

An example is "global warming." There is no formulated hypothesis capable of being tested, yet it is widely considered science. It is more accurately a "belief."

A scientist can belief in many things which are not testable by scientific hypothesis.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

Wrong cause in the binary system 1+1 = 10. Therefore mathematics is also evolving and changing just like religion

The maths is constant its just a different way of expressing things.

Ever heard the expression "a rose is still a rose by any other name" - same thing.

So is religion? There are a lot of different way of expressing it but it is still constant how does that sound

~

Then why is it that scientists explains different theories. For example to where did humans originated.

Some do say we originated from monkeys. While others say we came from fish. Both of them provided some "solid evidence" aswell.

And how will you explain to me that maybe if not half, a lesser number of total scientists believes the existence of god even if they can't provide a solid evidence.

Just from the philosophy that simply science can't explain anything.
Does that mean that scientists themselves are not consistent?  
legendary
Genesis 6:14:
So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch [amber] inside and out.

Pitch is tar you moron.  Pitch is black and opaque.  Amber is transparent and literally has a color named after it... Pitch also has a color named after it, pitch black

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_(resin)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber

How could anyone confuse the two?

Amber is simply "petrified" tree sap/resin/pitch. In today's understanding, there is a difference between these three. And amber generally refers to resin nowadays. But in the time of Noah, the word used refers to all 3. The pitch in the ark was probably made up of all 3.

Cool
legendary

Mathematics is not something invented by humans, it is discovered by humans... mathematics is the same in any language, on any planet... 1 + 1 = 2 is a provable concept and does not change based on societal norms or

Wrong cause in the binary system 1+1 = 10. Therefore mathematics is also evolving and changing just like religion

Science was discovered or created by mortals. Yes science provide evidences. Tho it changes over time when a new scientists discover new evidences.

Therefore science is not constant. Just like the "scientific theory" on how the universe created. There are a lot of them eg:  Bigbang theory and most of them provided evidence.

Now the question is which one to believe?
The best thing in this planet that i really love is that science can't provide evidence on its creator.

Which boils down to alot of philosophers and scientists to believe that there is someone immortal who created everything.

Disregard religion since most of it believes that there is really someone looking up there.

I have some news for you, the fact that science is unchanging is not inconsistent with the fact that scientific representations vary when expressed in differing human languages (including but not limited to number systems) and is not inconsistent with the fact that our understanding of science evolves.
legendary

So the grand total of your evidence is two articles and one newspaper clipping, all written by the same guy, a known science denier and creationist (read: idiot), who never excavated the site. The best quote from those three nonsense articles is this:

"When the archaeology is correctly interpreted, however, the opposite is the case."

How convenient that he is the only one who can correctly interpret the data! How convenient! It's just a shame his interpretation is completely at odds with the evidence, the reports of the people who did actually excavate the site, and the wider scientific community.

Also, as a side note, when asked for evidence to back up your ramblings, linking to even more incoherent ramblings that are shunned by the scientific community is not really an effective tactic. Try some real evidence next time.

Also, do you actually believe Noah's ark is a true story? As in, you actually believe that all the animals in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house? And after the flood, he toured the world in his boat, dropping the penguins off in the Antarctic, kangaroos off in Australia and raccoons off in America?

This is so stupid it cannot be believed by a thinking person.

Well, it wasn't really my idea to get off the track of the difference between science and religion. I was simply showing that both are made up of both.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

The maths is constant its just a different way of expressing things.

Ever heard the expression "a rose is still a rose by any other name" - same thing.
legendary
So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch [amber] inside and out.

Pitch is tar you moron.  Pitch is black and opaque.  Amber is transparent and literally has a color named after it... Pitch also has a color named after it, pitch black

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_(resin)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber

How could anyone confuse the two?

Activity: 37
Merit: 1
Science strives to uncover the secrets of nature so that we know it better, and from this introduction we hope to be able to use nature for human interests and life, while religion arises because of the spirit of devotion to God Smiley Smiley
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
I think why religion can be taught as not universal because it is more of subjective while science is objective, that's why it becomes universal. I agree that the religion of today is not the sam with the future because beliefs of human is always changing. What humans believe today will be change. In comparison, science and mathematics is something that won't be change in the future. I am pointing out to those universally accepted concepts. Thus, I think the difference of two is that religion is subjective whereas science is objective.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Science deals with what's beyond reality.
Religion discusses the reality behind that reality.
legendary
Don't bother arguing with BADLogic

He is the type of person that would believe we found Noah's Ark, long after it was admitted to be a hoax:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/noah39s-ark-discovery/

It's a choice. Either believe in Noah's ark, or believe in termites.

Among the other insects preserved in the amber were termites, like this Krishnatermes yoddha, which is a new species to science. Its wings suggest it was going through its reproductive stage when it was trapped in the amber.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: