Pages:
Author

Topic: The difference between science and religion - page 8. (Read 6488 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 1
THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL
December 30, 2018, 09:20:50 PM
Science needs logic to prove practically whereas religion is dependent on the myth without proof ,for example newton law of gravity was based on the activity of the falling apple ,people were living life with the idea that apple falls on the ground and they eat before the advent of law of gravitation,and after the invention apple is still  falling on the ground there is no change in the activity of falling apple .So this is the difference between science and religion .Myth comes first then science

Do you see what you just said? For thousands of years people ate apples that fell to the ground, because that is the way that gravity science works. Then Newton came along less than 400 years ago, and decided to "quantify" the science talked about in religion for thousands of years.

Nothing changes, except the descriptions of a few things scientifically observed. They were the same in the past. Only the words changed.

Cool
Absolutly right but with the help of the science after knowing gravity humane being, endeavored to go out of the gravity with rocket propulsion and reached in space whereas the religion can not  help to send humane being in space ,this is difference between science and religion.
legendary
Activity: 3850
Merit: 1373
December 30, 2018, 04:09:30 PM
Science needs logic to prove practically whereas religion is dependent on the myth without proof ,for example newton law of gravity was based on the activity of the falling apple ,people were living life with the idea that apple falls on the ground and they eat before the advent of law of gravitation,and after the invention apple is still  falling on the ground there is no change in the activity of falling apple .So this is the difference between science and religion .Myth comes first then science

Do you see what you just said? For thousands of years people ate apples that fell to the ground, because that is the way that gravity science works. Then Newton came along less than 400 years ago, and decided to "quantify" the science talked about in religion for thousands of years.

Nothing changes, except the descriptions of a few things scientifically observed. They were the same in the past. Only the words changed.

Cool
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL
December 30, 2018, 12:30:27 PM
legendary
Religion talked about and used mathematics thousands of years before science ever existed.

Cool

Should we use trepanning to cure migraines or perform bloodletting in alignment with the planets and zodiacs?

Talmud recommended specific days of the week and month to perform bloodletting, well before modern medicine existed.

Not sure what is your point.  

Are you suggesting that religious, ignorant superstitions are superior to science?

Your ignorance of the modern world is astounding.

You go right ahead and use the form of science you want to use, right?

Remember this picture?:
Science and Religion

We have only had big gun science for about 300 years, maybe. But the population of the world is larger than ever by natural science which supports religion? How does it support religion? Many religions have as one of their major themes, reproduction, via natural science.

The title should have been, "The difference between science and science."

When you check out info listed on the Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated: Guess who is Sicker? page, and then do the research to verify it, you find out that man made science tends towards death and destroying people in the name of money. It's like this with the big gun picture, above.

Religion tends towards life by natural means, the only way it can be done.

Are you starting to get the picture, yet? Or are you going to remain in your astounding ignorance of modern science?

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Religion talked about and used mathematics thousands of years before science ever existed.

Cool

Should we use trepanning to cure migraines or perform bloodletting in alignment with the planets and zodiacs?

Talmud recommended specific days of the week and month to perform bloodletting, well before modern medicine existed.

Not sure what is your point.  

Are you suggesting that religious, ignorant superstitions are superior to science?

Your ignorance of the modern world is astounding.

legendary

Cool
legendary
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
A channel I follow on YouTube posted a video about the recent Nobel Prize in chemistry.  They describe in detail how the various teams used evolution of a bacteriophage virus to create new medicines, fuels, etc.

The 2018 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Periodic Table of Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMKtFKphuds

This is how science works... they show you exactly how they did it, and how you could do it to if you want to test their claim

Any time I have tested a claim by religion, it fails... science works
legendary
Religion talked about and used the wheel thousands of years before science ever existed.

Cool
Activity: 1582
Merit: 759
Science should absolutely always trump religion. Religion can be practiced, but not with the malice or disadvantage of society. There are many circumstances where religion and churches have benefited society, and many situations where it has not. Religion is historically based (but loosely). Science is going forward, and willing to adapt. Anything willing to adapt to facts should be followed primarily, as that's the only way the world will progress.

I firmly agree with the seperation of Church/State. IMO religion should be something that should be personal, but not used to dictate complex laws by complex countries/states.
legendary

You are quite wrong about this. The example right here is that my faith causes me to post some of the things that I post in this forum. And some of the things I post modify the thinking of others. So, we all have and use faith. And all of us base our faith on things that we do religiously, day after day... even scientific things that we do.

Cool

At least you are honest about why you do it.

Your faith (or faith of other people) does not impact the reality one tiny bit.  

It does not matter if you have 2 billion delusional people, they still are delusional.  

Believing something does not make it true.

I care about the truth.  If I don't know something, I say I don't know, you instead adopted some ancient cult to fill your (large) gaps in knowledge.

Your buddy, Moloch:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll just leave this here

Cool
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
This is really a bold idea. But you don't understand the importance of religion. Religion is the most basic step in science. The future world must be subverted. But it all stems from the early imagination. In short, religion is very important to the meaning of science.

The sole contribution of religion to science is education. In the Middle Ages, all training was concentrated in monasteries and churches. Many scientists were novices.
Because the church is an institution that accumulated knowledge and other learning opportunities (outside the ordinary crafts) did not exist.
But all the contradictions between the faith and knowledge of the mejou were interpreted in favor of the faith. Therefore, at some point religion has become a brake. And it remains to them so far.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll just leave this here

Activity: 183
If you took all the religions in the world and destroyed them, in 1000 years there would be entirely new religions, completely different from the old religions...

If you took all the science in the world and destroyed it... in 1000 years there would be EXACTLY THE SAME SCIENCE

Mathematics is not something invented by humans, it is discovered by humans... mathematics is the same in any language, on any planet... 1 + 1 = 2 is a provable concept and does not change based on societal norms or which deities they currently worship

Newton and Leibniz are credited with the co-discovery of calculus... they did not invent it, they both discovered it at the same time... math/science is universal, religion is not
people of many different faiths and levels of scientific expertise see no contradiction at all between science and religion.. Science is a collection of tools and techniques for modeling the natural world and for using models to make predictions.but religion is a big faith For God.
This is really a bold idea. But you don't understand the importance of religion. Religion is the most basic step in science. The future world must be subverted. But it all stems from the early imagination. In short, religion is very important to the meaning of science.

This makes no sense at all... science does not depend on religion for anything

Care to elaborate on how exactly "religion is the most basic step in science", or "religion is very important to the meaning of science"?

Science is about exploring and explaining the natural world, not supernatural woo-woo
Activity: 420
legendary
don't agree with you. Science and religion answer different questions: science is about describing the world around, religion is about answering the question of what's after death. if you define them correctly, you'll see there's nothing to argue about...

Except there is no life after death.  Nobody in the history of life on Earth came back from death.  Not a shred of evidence.

Religion comes up with answers to non-existing problems, without providing any supporting evidence.

But God exists... fact. The faith part is believing Him when He tells us about the coming resurrection.

Cool

Nobody cares about your faith.  It does not change a thing.

You are quite wrong about this. The example right here is that my faith causes me to post some of the things that I post in this forum. And some of the things I post modify the thinking of others. So, we all have and use faith. And all of us base our faith on things that we do religiously, day after day... even scientific things that we do.

Cool

At least you are honest about why you do it.

Your faith (or faith of other people) does not impact the reality one tiny bit.  

It does not matter if you have 2 billion delusional people, they still are delusional.  

Believing something does not make it true.

I care about the truth.  If I don't know something, I say I don't know, you instead adopted some ancient cult to fill your (large) gaps in knowledge.
legendary
don't agree with you. Science and religion answer different questions: science is about describing the world around, religion is about answering the question of what's after death. if you define them correctly, you'll see there's nothing to argue about...

Except there is no life after death.  Nobody in the history of life on Earth came back from death.  Not a shred of evidence.

Religion comes up with answers to non-existing problems, without providing any supporting evidence.

But God exists... fact. The faith part is believing Him when He tells us about the coming resurrection.

Cool

Nobody cares about your faith.  It does not change a thing.

Cool
legendary
Math is the perfect science. These fields were proven helpful in the pursuit of new innovatios, inventions, and investigating extraordinary phenomenon. There were many theories and explainations being presented by science and all of those are still theory especially in the question of how human beings were created or how life begins in this planet. But, some people believe in extraordinary things explain it through beliefs and this is religion.

Religion is the way to connect the unexplained things happened in this world. Thid is why I do believe on religion rather than science. Faith or religion is better than science. Science could not explain all things in this world. For sure this world is created with superpowers.

Religion provides answers without any evidence.  It does not explain anything. 

It conflates what we already know with what we don't know.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
If you took all the religions in the world and destroyed them, in 1000 years there would be entirely new religions, completely different from the old religions...

If you took all the science in the world and destroyed it... in 1000 years there would be EXACTLY THE SAME SCIENCE

Mathematics is not something invented by humans, it is discovered by humans... mathematics is the same in any language, on any planet... 1 + 1 = 2 is a provable concept and does not change based on societal norms or which deities they currently worship

Newton and Leibniz are credited with the co-discovery of calculus... they did not invent it, they both discovered it at the same time... math/science is universal, religion is not
Science investigates the natural world, while religion deals with the spiritual and supernatural. Just sharing....  Smiley Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: