Pages:
Author

Topic: The Everything Bearish Thread - page 3. (Read 19496 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
November 05, 2015, 09:38:56 AM
Side-Channel Attack on Bitcoin? Sure, But Only If You Have A Gun.
Beretta-Brandishing Bitcoin Bandit Boosts Head Shop's Prized Bitcoin ATM; Flees In Chevy Cavalier Chuck-full Of Other Criminals.
You got it, more from our burgeoning 'Let's get sushi... and not pay!' department.
I was like ‘what are you doing?! And that’s when he fired the shot and told me to back up,” recalled store manager Amanda McCollum, still visibly shaken by the ordeal.
"I loved that Bitcoin ATM, it was seriously worth, like, $7,000! And it was full of money, too. Maybe $2,000 ...or $3,000... that's right, now that I think about it, it was  $30,000. There's no way they'll catch that hooded guy totally not my stoner boyfriend tho, which makes me sad."

Atlanta Police Department Spokeswoman Elizabeth Epsy confirmed that while the firearm was drawn and shot, nobody was injured, before collapsing on the floor in fits of rollicking laughter.
November 02, 2015, 09:04:14 AM
Bitcoin Banned In Taiwan
From our burgeoning 'Let's get sushi... and not pay!' department.
Taipei, Nov. 2 (CNA) Bitcoin is illegal in Taiwan, said Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) Chairman Tseng Ming-chung (曾銘宗) on Monday after kidnappers in Taiwan tried to collect a ransom through the virtual currency late last month.

Asked at a legislative hearing if the virtual currency can be used in Taiwan, Tseng said it was illegal and pledged that the FSC would work with the country's central bank and police to crack down any illegal act.

The FSC will also publish a statement jointly with the central bank to inform other countries of such regulations, he said.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
November 01, 2015, 03:07:29 PM
Where is Fakhoury? I miss these posts.
October 30, 2015, 11:07:41 AM
We've Got A Bigger Problem Now
Payza/Obopay civil disputes put on hold while jackbooted government thugs cook up outrageous criminal charges.
The United States has opened a criminal investigation involving Ponzi-forum darling Payza, one of the first "legitimate" money transfer services integrating Bitcoin.

Details of the probe are unclear, but the office of U.S. Attorney Channing D. Phillips of the District of Columbia confirms on its website that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security through Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) is involved in the investigation. So is the Washington, D.C. Financial Crimes Task Force.
October 29, 2015, 07:58:30 AM
Digital CC Abandons Bitcoin, Rebrands to Digital X
Former bitcoin miner and transaction processor Digital CC has terminated all bitcoin related operations by rebranding to Digital X to focus on its remittance product and blockchain-based software development AirPocket and Digital X Direct.

"The rebranding represents a strategic change from a focus on bitcoin as a mechanism to store value to a focus on software development. While the company has made a strategic change towards applications within the remittance market, it is still leveraging its skills and experience gained within the bitcoin industry."

Bitcoin Ransoms Are Becoming More Popular
The reason for the current price bubble, experts claim.
Two different kidnappings in two different parts of the world have taken the world of illicit Bitcoin activities to a new level. Long discussed as the currency of the Silk Road, the online drug marketplace only accessible via Tor, it appears a new, more violent criminal is turning towards the digital currency to get away with kidnapping.

October 28, 2015, 09:05:47 AM
Frightened Man Rescued, Bitcoin Kidnappers Foiled. Again.
'His face was bruised and he was clutching his legs, which were covered in cuts. '
Taiwanese police have rescued a kidnapped old man who was held hostage for more than a month and beaten by a gang of bit coiners demanding a $9 million ransom, authorities said Wednesday. Television footage of the rescue showed the 67-year-old, also known as Wong Kwan, looking thin and frightened as he sat on the floor of a bare room with his feet shackled [shackled by heartless bitcoiners -ed].

Fifteen Bitcoiners were arrested over the abduction, including the suspected mastermind.
In emails to Wong's office in Hong Kong the Bitcoiners had demanded a ransom of HK$70 million (roughly $9 million in real American money), to be paid in bitcoins, the official currency of internet criminals.

Bitcoiners Threaten 4 Thai Banks
More from our burgeoning 'Let's get sushi... and not pay!' department.
Four Thai banks have been threatened by a group of anonymous bitcoiners [as if there's any other kind -ed], demanding the payment in Bitcoins or face cyber attacks, according to a source from the IT industry.
The Bitcoin extortionists called themselves "Armada Collective", the source said.

"Nothing happened today," stated an executive of one of the banks, "Probably still downloading LOICs on their shitty shared dialup connection, lol!"

Bitcoin CEO Bought Hookers With Your Dough
'I regret nothing' says Bitcoin CEO Mark Karpeles.
Still more from our burgeoning 'Let's get sushi... and not pay!' department.
The head of collapsed bit-coin exchange Mt. Gox is facing fresh embezzlement charges, as local media reveal that some of the coin he 'allegedly' stole from you were spent on prostitutes, lol.
October 27, 2015, 02:39:37 PM
"Bitcoin? Anti-Bank? Hehehe" Chuckles Bitcoin's Chief Sellout Bobby Lee
'Hell no you no be your own bank, you crazy?!' guffawed Bobby 'Face You Can Trust' Lee, CEO of bit coin mining and exchange giant BTCC. 'That joke we make up chop chop, make Bit coins sell easy to Libercrazians. My volume much real too, ha ha!'
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
October 27, 2015, 02:13:11 PM
Rough days for aphku... All this effort and Bitcoin about to break 300$ anyway  Roll Eyes
October 27, 2015, 02:06:31 PM
^A tweet by some bro who thinks 'critique' is a fancy way of saying 'criticized'? I see what you mean Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
October 27, 2015, 01:59:32 PM
^^
Once we place you Pedo peso profiteers in gulags, where you belong, those numbers will plummet Cool
No cell phones or WiFi in Russian jails, Fakhoury. Only big angry zeks who don't take kindly to your kind. Eager to punish you for destabilizing Mother Russia's economy and devaluing [real] money.

https://twitter.com/coindesk/status/334646859920441346
October 27, 2015, 11:39:49 AM
^^The article was published literally minutes ago. I found Daphne Howland's take on bit-coin cogent and pertinent to this, my thread. Unlike your spergy commentary.
What's wrong with you? Your assburgers acting up again?
Why must this be repeated, over and over?

@Fakhoury: Go be a faggot elsewhere, ty.
@Fakhoury
Consider returning to your self-moderated thread, no need to shit up this one too.
Or back to peddling stolen MSDN keys, whichever. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=357170

From our Fun Facts department:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-26/the-bitcoin-startup-boom-comes-back-down-to-earth
October 27, 2015, 11:18:45 AM
^^Bitcoin pimps and crypto criminals such as yourself will be brought to justice with or without me, I'm here only to warn the unwary few who still might be stupid enough to fall for your sleazy MLM scheme. Which is already in the process of collapsing. Even as we speak.
And, won't lie, to point fingers and laugh.

Bitcoin's Done. Put A fork In It.
So says Daphne Howland, contributing editor of Retail Dive, the publication focusing on [dying] retail trends and [failing] marketing fads.
'When Overstock’s brash CEO and chairman Patrick Byrne proclaimed last year that his company had ushered in a brave new world with its move to accept bitcoin payments, one that even Amazon would soon be compelled to join, the idea still seemed possible.

These days, bitcoin is at best limping along as a viable payment, dragged down by scandal, falling value, and a split in the community that uses it over whether the crypto-currency should or shouldn’t be regulated.'
You know it, Daphne. Don't mean that ded pony ain't due a few more floggings tho.
October 27, 2015, 10:19:46 AM
^^
Once we place you Pedo peso profiteers in gulags, where you belong, those numbers will plummet Cool
No cell phones or WiFi in Russian jails, Fakhoury. Only big angry zeks who don't take kindly to your kind. Eager to punish you for destabilizing Mother Russia's economy and devaluing [real] money.
October 27, 2015, 09:51:22 AM
The world is finally beginning to understand Bitcoin. And to ban it, naturally.

British Pigs Pop 15-Year-Old Bitcoin Boy In Telecom Hack
From our new Bitcoin Wunderkinds department
Quote from: /british-police-arrest-15-year-old-telecom-hack-ransom-demanded-bitcoin/
British police arrested a 15-year-old Bitcoin entrepreneur in relation to a massive hack of British telecom TalkTalk Group, according to Silicon Angle. The budding businessman demanded a ransom of approximately £80,000 (~USD $122,000) in Bitcoin upon h4xx0ring the company's servers, threatening to publish the TalkTalk’s customer data unless his demands were met.

While the FBI is recommending that victims of Bitcoin criminals should cry like little girls and do whatever crypto-extortionists say, the Scotland Yard chose instead to nab Bitcoin Boy, and not reward him with £80,000 (~who knows how much in BTC, ~$122,000 in real money) [to prevent the precocious tyke from spending it all on candy & drugs on some sleazy DNM -ed].
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Permabull Bitcoin Investor
October 27, 2015, 09:35:10 AM
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
October 26, 2015, 08:29:42 AM
Rememeber when

Russian Bear Fed Up With Bitcoin Bullshit

Russia's Ministry of Finance has developed a new version of its proposed law that would seek to both outlaw and apply criminal penalties for activities involving digital currencies, according to a report by Russian news source Interfax.

Citing sources from within the Russian government, Interfax reports that acquiring, selling and distributing cryptocurrencies would be punishable with fines of 300,000 rubles ($4,574) or through up to 360 hours of correctional labor under the new bill.

Should such infractions be committed by an agency or group, the fines for such activities would increase to 500,000 rubles ($7,623).

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
The Russian Ministry of Finance that had previously supported fines of up to 500,000 rubles or a 2-year community service sentence is now pressing ahead for a 4-year prison sentence.

Bitcoin's Stupid, Says Stoner
Weedmap CEO Justin Hartfield doesn't think Bitcoin will help to grow the marijuana industry, contrary to what many in the Bitcoin space claim.

Here’s the thing - say you sell a bunch of weed, and your customers pay you in Bitcoin,” Hartfield told CCN. "How the heck are you gonna cash out millions of digital coins into tens of millions of United States Dollars?"
Hell if I know, Justin, hell if I know.
October 25, 2015, 09:48:21 AM
Everything Goes Better With Bitcoin!
"Like laundering millions I stole from your stupid granny and thousands like her," says Bitcoin entrepreneur Stephan Moskwyn, 32.
From our Bitcoin, is there anything you can't do? department.

Bitcoin entrepreneur Stephan Moskwyn, 32, accused of laundering millions of dollars from a cruel hoax that tricked vulnerable victims (including your granny) into sending him their food money, is facing federal charges in South Florida.

Sleazebags who worked at the bitcoin criminal's call center phoned potential victims in the U.S. and pretended they were relatives, usually grandchildren, who were experiencing serious problems and needed money sent to them, agents from Homeland Security Investigations wrote in court records. The [real] money was quickly converted into Bitcoin, using complicated transactions involving pre-paid debit cards in the U.S., authorities said.

"This scam exploited the kindness and trust of elderly American citizens by convincing them that loved ones were in trouble and needed money … Criminals who engage in these scams must know that they are not safe from prosecution, merely because they operate from foreign countries or use virtual currencies," said U.S. Attorney Wifredo Ferrer.

October 24, 2015, 09:07:26 AM
It's My Coin And I'll Crime If I Want To!
Head of the morally (and fiscally, now that I think about it) bankrupt and crime-ridden Bitcoin Foundation doesn't want to cooperate with the cops. Surprisingly Roll Eyes

"The companies participating in this initiative are not only good companies, but they are also good corporate citizens. For the blockchain to thrive, the industry must work together to correct the misperception of bitcoin as the 'currency of criminals'."
- Jason Weinstein, Blockchain Alliance Director

“Today's Blockchain Alliance announcement is one of the most sad and discouraging things I've seen in ‪#‎Bitcoin‬ -- an alliance of tech companies with the DHS/ TSA, ICE and the same FBI who seeks Snowden ....all led by the DOJ prosecutor poster child for Fast & Furious? How could anyone think this is a good idea?”
 - Bruce Fenton, Director of the Bitcoin Foundation [this one hasn't yet been accused of child molestation, hasn't stolen millions through his Magic: The Gathering website, and still isn't doing Fed time for money laundering. -ed]
Pages:
Jump to: