Pages:
Author

Topic: The future of the paper money - page 285. (Read 416566 times)

legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
September 21, 2015, 03:40:32 AM
I like paper money. I like to feel the buying power in my hands :p Bitcoin makes me feel like a robot. I am not saying paper money is better tho.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
September 21, 2015, 03:35:14 AM
governments simply aren't interested in incorporating bitcoin. they can't deal with the fact that it is something they can't control. paper money will stay at least for another 10-20 years.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
September 21, 2015, 03:26:18 AM
If it's something made by the government or by banks then you should definitly know that it won't be private and they will have control of everything just like the banks right , nothing much will change .
and for what comes to the Paper money I don't think it will dissapaear , maybe on some countries yes but worldwide ?definitly not because some countries don't even use Credit cards for their transactions so ... yep
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
September 21, 2015, 03:23:32 AM
Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

Paper money will be banned entirely?
How long do you think that happens?
would it work?
What security and privacy risks would it raise?
And how would public and privately issued monies interact?
Pages:
Jump to: