Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 21. (Read 83082 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
I'm going with yes on this one, due to the fact that people included this in BTC in order to maintain stability so, yeah!
With the halving that is happening next month the price should rise in order for the miners to have a profitable business, and because of this it will benefit us holders enjoying a profit on a short term investment.

A big YES. Though we only have a few coins or some million satoshis it will still affect every bit of it. So it is good for us. But I am thinking also to whom it will be bad for?
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
I'm going with yes on this one, due to the fact that people included this in BTC in order to maintain stability so, yeah!
With the halving that is happening next month the price should rise in order for the miners to have a profitable business, and because of this it will benefit us holders enjoying a profit on a short term investment.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Activity: 296
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
in my understanding the reward for miners will soon be cut in half from 25 bitcoins to 12.5 bitcoins and because of rhat the bitcoin price should rise  make it still profitable for the miners.

it should be but for small miners it will not
still this don't need to be that price will go up
well the price will definitely grow because of the halving and it will be profitable for miners so i think halving is a really good thing
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
in my understanding the reward for miners will soon be cut in half from 25 bitcoins to 12.5 bitcoins and because of rhat the bitcoin price should rise  make it still profitable for the miners.
There's still a possibility that the bitcoin price will fall down since it is getting difficult to mine bitcoin, means more miners will quit and probably cut the supply of the coin.

True but i dont think it will like that maybe it will go down a little but no that much
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
There's still a possibility that the bitcoin price will fall down since it is getting difficult to mine bitcoin, means more miners will quit and probably cut the supply of the coin.
Activity: 126
Good for those who buy bitcoin when it was at 300!! But its not too late to buy bitcoin right now, analyst already said bitcoin will reach almost 1000$ or more after halving.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058
As the title says, is the halving good or bad for the price of bitcoin?

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...
The Halving is probably a good thing for the Bitcoin, because Bitcoin will be able to stabilize and even why not go up in value.
But I agree with you, the transaction fees will go up, you can use Bitcoin online wallets as Xapo that have no transaction fees but do not communicate the private keys to their users, so that it is not very secure.
Why would anyone share his/her private key, only fool will do that. On the other hand, the halving always do good for the bitcoin community because it always increases the price of bitcoins, that is important to make the miners stay doing their business profitably.

Yes and I think this halving will be really good and profitable for all the users, as price is increasing now and it will be reach at the best position at the time of halving.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...
The Halving is probably a good thing for the Bitcoin, because Bitcoin will be able to stabilize and even why not go up in value.
But I agree with you, the transaction fees will go up, you can use Bitcoin online wallets as Xapo that have no transaction fees but do not communicate the private keys to their users, so that it is not very secure.
Why would anyone share his/her private key, only fool will do that. On the other hand, the halving always do good for the bitcoin community because it always increases the price of bitcoins, that is important to make the miners stay doing their business profitably.
Activity: 938
Merit: 576

What's your verdict?

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

The current cost to mine a bitcoin including the current difficulty is in the high 200s. Therefore if you double that, the price would have to reflect this in the low 600s. The rest would mean profit to the miners, so I'm expecting a steady climb to $1200 by November
legendary
Activity: 1022
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

Activity: 348
Merit: 250
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
The halving will be a good thing because you can make good profit with holding and that is why its positive.
The price will rise to a higher amount due to the halving that is coming next month.
More likely to rise because base on what we are seeing the last few days although the price fall back a bit but it is starting to rise again. With that movement that is a positive trend to qualify our prediction.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
The halving will be a good thing because you can make good profit with holding and that is why its positive.
The price will rise to a higher amount due to the halving that is coming next month.
Activity: 159
Merit: 102
so far I only see the good effects of the halving, because it makes so many users bitcoin into a profit, but on the other hand, perhaps halving it has a bad effect, that because a lot of people who hold bitcoin them, when they sell bitcoin they hold, it will affect the price and the other bitcoin holders

We should be one of them, we should also sell our coins when price goes higher as only holding will never allow you to make profits, better to sell when price goes higher.

The catch is that we never know if the price is too high or too low. The whales determine the price and make profit.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
so far I only see the good effects of the halving, because it makes so many users bitcoin into a profit, but on the other hand, perhaps halving it has a bad effect, that because a lot of people who hold bitcoin them, when they sell bitcoin they hold, it will affect the price and the other bitcoin holders

We should be one of them, we should also sell our coins when price goes higher as only holding will never allow you to make profits, better to sell when price goes higher.

It's not necessarily bad because when halving makes people talk about bitcoin. The talk and the high prices may make other people get interested in bitcoin, but at that point the price is too high to buy in. When holders sell, the price will adjust and more people can buy in and adoption overall increases.

I don't think anything about halving is bad really.
legendary
Activity: 840

legendary
Activity: 1218
Activity: 154
The halving is not bad for the Bitcoin but it is bad for the people that want to earn coins because now after the halving it becomes way harder to earn Bitcoins.
But because of the halving coming the price is going up fast which is a good.

Which is good for pioneers! The one that will benefit most and might get a huge profit will be the long-time bitcoin users.
Pages:
Jump to: