Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 48. (Read 83082 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
April 06, 2016, 03:59:53 AM
I think halving a positive impact on the price of Bitcoin.

it's interesting to look at what happened the last time halved in 2012. The price at the day was about $13.
Half a year before that date, it was $5. Half a year later it was $130.

and it is probable forecast after halving in 2016 *
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
April 06, 2016, 03:43:30 AM
the halving is not go and not bad...because the "havings are known in advance...so all is alreadi in the BTC price.
of course it will certainly change shortly...but at the end...no special halving effect.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
April 06, 2016, 03:39:27 AM
The halving can be a good thing and a bad thing. It is very good for the people who want to buy bitcoins that don't have much money. But for the people who try and sell their bitcoins it is not that good.
Activity: 364
April 06, 2016, 03:36:07 AM
I think its depending on how you look at most likely the halving will be good for the most people, the investors.
But if you look at the people that are mining it would be very bad because they will cannot mine good anymore.
Activity: 420
April 06, 2016, 03:29:33 AM
I don't know is it good or not when halving is coming. But what i think it will be good for bitcoin. Many people predict the price of bitcoin will increase when halving is coming. and i hope so.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013
April 06, 2016, 01:57:26 AM
Halving has both his good and bad sides. For people who want to buy coins halving comes in super handy. This way they can get the coins cheaper. For people who want to sell this is not that good news.

Not sure if you really understand what you are writing however halving doesnt affect the activity of buying and selling bitcoin. It might affect the price however it wont effect anything else except for the distribution of the coins. Your logic is weird , obviously this shows that you dont understand what you are saying
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
April 06, 2016, 12:28:40 AM
Halving has both his good and bad sides. For people who want to buy coins halving comes in super handy. This way they can get the coins cheaper. For people who want to sell this is not that good news.

I think it's the reverse..You can sell at high price which I think everyone wants but buying would not be cheap...As everyone is at the same direction, everyone is keeping..

Yeah with the price right now you can never tell if its a low price of its high,we are now at 430 and we might see it go up again or it will be down again in 420.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
April 05, 2016, 11:49:20 PM

I think it's the reverse..You can sell at high price which I think everyone wants but buying would not be cheap...As everyone is at the same direction, everyone is keeping..
Activity: 336
April 05, 2016, 05:53:16 AM
Activity: 364
March 29, 2016, 05:04:43 AM
It is of course hard to say, but I think that the value will not jump after the halving because the value is not rising now so that is also not good.
But it is hard to predict because you never know what will happen with Bitcoin and there is of course a chance that it can rise.
But the most people are think that it will not rise and I agree with them.
Activity: 420
March 28, 2016, 07:50:20 PM
for some, halving will be definitely good for those who are collecting and storing bitcoins.
and for some , they say that halving bitcoin is the start of crashing down of btc.
halving not necessarily be good for someone who have store a lot of bitcoin?
halving might make bitcoin crashes. is it possible bitcoin price going down right ?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 28, 2016, 07:06:28 PM
I guess that The Halving can be a good thing for bitcoin. As the supply of coins becomes less the demand will continue to rise giving place to an increase in price. And this in turn will be an attractive for more people to start getting into bitcoin.
Activity: 588
March 28, 2016, 01:49:53 PM
The Halving is a GREAT reason for those in control to either pump the price up, or to send the price downward by cashing out their holdings. Whichever way they decide to go, "the great halving" will be used as the excuse or reason.

Either way, everything that happens on this earth is based on physics. What goes down can only go back up, and vice-versa.

So if you're a long-term player, you'll do well regardless Wink

I am not long - term. And how physics can be used for bitcoin? It's so different things to compare, at my opinion halving is bad for bitcoin cause it moving bitcoin to the end.
Activity: 44
Merit: 10
March 28, 2016, 09:29:50 AM
The Halving is a GREAT reason for those in control to either pump the price up, or to send the price downward by cashing out their holdings. Whichever way they decide to go, "the great halving" will be used as the excuse or reason.

Either way, everything that happens on this earth is based on physics. What goes down can only go back up, and vice-versa.

So if you're a long-term player, you'll do well regardless Wink
Activity: 210
March 28, 2016, 09:13:28 AM
for some, halving will be definitely good for those who are collecting and storing bitcoins.
and for some , they say that halving bitcoin is the start of crashing down of btc.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
March 28, 2016, 08:44:25 AM
the reward for mining bitcoin is expected top see the second halving in its history later this year, potentially in june or july... definitely halving is going to be good for bitcoin..

Saying that the block halving will be good for Bitcoin is easy and everyone can say that. I would like to hear WHY you think it is good for Bitcoin, beside the price that may or may not go up. Wink

The reason is during the past, on halving bitcoin has given a high price increase. So this time people expecting the same not thinking about a decrease in bitcoin price.

do not forget an important thing:
4 years ago the halving was 50 to 25
now it is 25 to 12.5

and since last halving every 10 minutes 25 bitcoins have been generated...
Think about...
I keep up saying that the next  halving is not so much affecting the btc price...
and the over next in 4 years till less...
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
March 28, 2016, 08:14:46 AM
the reward for mining bitcoin is expected top see the second halving in its history later this year, potentially in june or july... definitely halving is going to be good for bitcoin..

Saying that the block halving will be good for Bitcoin is easy and everyone can say that. I would like to hear WHY you think it is good for Bitcoin, beside the price that may or may not go up. Wink

The reason is during the past, on halving bitcoin has given a high price increase. So this time people expecting the same not thinking about a decrease in bitcoin price.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
March 28, 2016, 06:15:03 AM

Activity: 169
March 28, 2016, 05:57:04 AM
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
March 28, 2016, 05:31:07 AM
well I understand that bitcoin doesnt "have to" double when it halves but
In order for it to make sense to keep mining the mining companies will have to
get real cheap and real fast or bitcoin will have to almost double in order for it
to make sense to keep mining.

If bitcoin doesnt go up substantially after the halving we could definitely be in
trouble and see alot of units / farms shutting down.

If in any business you cut your net income in half your going to be in trouble unless
you cut labor or get products cheaper.

Roi is riding a fine line as it is with most units that come out it is a very marginal roi.
perhaps bitcoin value will up maybe not much if all miners shutting down is same like bitcoin dead in my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: