Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 50. (Read 83082 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
March 24, 2016, 10:33:38 AM
As the title says, is the halving good or bad for the price of bitcoin?

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...

yes halving means that miners will get 50% less money so price will have to go up or they'll have to stop mining

but i think that it is good for bitcoin, because price will grow for sure, also more people will buy bitcoin so halving is really good for bitcoin

less money? you mean less coins. these 2 things are very different. if the price doubles from the current price level after the halving, then they get the same amount of money/fiat as they do right now. in that aspect nothing will change. if the price doesn't go up after the halving, then they indeed get less fiat in return for a found block. even if some miners decide to stop. the difficulty will go down which will attract other miners to put their hardware to work.

Absolutly no reason that after a halving the price of bitcoin doubles...

i didn't say the price will double after the block halving. i just gave that person an example of how things may be "if" the price would double.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
March 24, 2016, 10:15:43 AM

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...

yes halving means that miners will get 50% less money so price will have to go up or they'll have to stop mining

but i think that it is good for bitcoin, because price will grow for sure, also more people will buy bitcoin so halving is really good for bitcoin

less money? you mean less coins. these 2 things are very different. if the price doubles from the current price level after the halving, then they get the same amount of money/fiat as they do right now. in that aspect nothing will change. if the price doesn't go up after the halving, then they indeed get less fiat in return for a found block. even if some miners decide to stop. the difficulty will go down which will attract other miners to put their hardware to work.

Price is mostly dictated by demand.
When in july reward gets halved and demand will stay the same, what is very likely, guess what will happen with the price?
Theoretically it has to increase right?!
The thing is we don't know if it's already priced in in because halving is a known and predictable event.
Will be very interesting to see what will happen.Especially the first 3-4 months after the halving.Last time we saw a delay in price increase as well.

You are righ...but if the demand does not increase...and stay same than now...the btc price will decrease after the halving because even after the halving the nb of coins increases even if it increases less than now.

I'm used about this theory because all my systems turn arround this principle...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
March 24, 2016, 10:09:21 AM

What's your verdict?

Price is mostly dictated by demand.
When in july reward gets halved and demand will stay the same, what is very likely, guess what will happen with the price?
Theoretically it has to increase right?!
The thing is we don't know if it's already priced in in because halving is a known and predictable event.
Will be very interesting to see what will happen.Especially the first 3-4 months after the halving.Last time we saw a delay in price increase as well.
legendary
March 24, 2016, 09:36:47 AM

What's your verdict?

legendary
Activity: 896
March 24, 2016, 08:17:46 AM

What's your verdict?

Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
March 24, 2016, 07:29:47 AM

What's your verdict?

U think that it is very good for bitcoin because price will rise, and when price of bitcoin rises of course that it is very good for bitcoin

Just i am afraid that after halving price of bitcoin will fall because everyone will sell them

it is good for bitcoin not because of price but because it slows down the speed of creating new coins, which will work towards creating a fixed amount of bitcoin in circulation (the max amount)
the price rise is just a speculation.

On halving bitcoin won't get a fixed price due to the reduction in the production of coins. A standard price might get fixed. The price goes down on very critical situations.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
March 24, 2016, 02:54:31 AM

What's your verdict?

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
March 24, 2016, 01:15:23 AM

What's your verdict?

U think that it is very good for bitcoin because price will rise, and when price of bitcoin rises of course that it is very good for bitcoin

Just i am afraid that after halving price of bitcoin will fall because everyone will sell them

it is good for bitcoin not because of price but because it slows down the speed of creating new coins, which will work towards creating a fixed amount of bitcoin in circulation (the max amount)
the price rise is just a speculation.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
March 24, 2016, 12:48:42 AM
In a lot of expert prediction after halving bitcoin price will be rise and even sky rocket, so i believe halving is going to give more profit to user, but every action will have effect the miners will have difficulty to gain more profit
Miners dont wanna to get more but being able to keep atleast the actual income ,the halving will for sure impact bitcoin value,lets see if will be created another buble or will get stronger.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
March 23, 2016, 08:00:16 PM
In a lot of expert prediction after halving bitcoin price will be rise and even sky rocket, so i believe halving is going to give more profit to user, but every action will have effect the miners will have difficulty to gain more profit
Activity: 534
Merit: 500
March 23, 2016, 07:04:43 PM
The Rock says "It doesn't matter!" Cool
legendary
Activity: 1022
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
March 23, 2016, 04:53:26 PM
I expect good and hope for good
i don't think it will be bad we all need to think positive on this
legendary
March 23, 2016, 03:39:00 PM

What's your verdict?

I do not buy BTC...but if it increases to much for my opinion...I sell all my own BTC...of course not my members'BTC.
Activity: 392
March 23, 2016, 03:36:15 PM

What's your verdict?

legendary
March 23, 2016, 03:27:22 PM
Well its good for the normal people that have invested in the bitcoin and are holding there bitcoins for a price increase.
But for the mining people its very bad because mining will be a lot more difficult than every before.

If believe strongly that you are right...then buy as much you can BTC
But you are not so much sure...tell it costs you nothing...
when I say invest for free in my U2cloudmining system for free and be sure making profit people explose and say I'm a scammer(the proof is my red trust points)
But saying that the BTC price will increase can be said in full inpunity...
In reality...as soon as the "mass" will awake and buy BTC and the BTC price will increase for this...the clever traders will sell and let you with your BTC...bought for high...think about.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
March 23, 2016, 03:21:42 PM
Well its good for the normal people that have invested in the bitcoin and are holding there bitcoins for a price increase.
But for the mining people its very bad because mining will be a lot more difficult than every before.

Mining should be more difficult by the time, that's why the miners should always be up to date with their mining rigs, if the bitcoin price increases then it is good for all (for holders and for miners).
Activity: 448
March 23, 2016, 03:15:13 PM
Activity: 588
March 23, 2016, 02:55:33 PM
About bitcoin's growth or price jump on halving can't be predicted exactly. We can make rough predictions. Only time give us the answer. Lets hope for the best.

Eveybody know that halving is unpredictable. Why people keep wirting dodgy answers?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pollak
March 23, 2016, 06:34:29 AM
I don't know about bitcoin but i know that the halving is bad for miners. Miners are first who welcome to deny halving. But halving is good for traders and people who holding coins for price increase i think.

if the price goes up high enough after the block rewards have been decreased to 12.5btc, then the miners won't complain at all. if the price stays at current price level, then still the large mining farms can make profit. it will be the smaller miners that will feel the pain if the price doesn't go up much. these miners will most likely leave temporarily. they will come back once the price goes up again.
Its hard to say. Because you never know what will happen with Bitcoin and you can see now that the value also is rising.
I dont think that it will be good for Bitcoin, but also not that bad. The value will be stable and that is all what is going to happen. Or maybe it will rise very slowly, you never know.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
March 22, 2016, 01:56:53 PM

What's your verdict?

i am pretty sure that it is bad for miners, but good for users so it is good for bitcoin too,  i mean price of bitcoin will have to rise, so higher price of bitcoin is always good for bitcoin, also more people will buy and use bitcoins after halving so it will be very good for bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: