Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 46. (Read 83082 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
April 19, 2016, 06:07:45 AM
We will know the answer to this question on  July 11, 2016 http://bitcoinclock.com/
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 19, 2016, 05:48:12 AM
The halving is basically a learning event, it is fairly risky to invest it in this time around.

Great reward comes with great risk so if you are trying to say to keep it safe and watch it around to see what really happens then either you could be missing the train for higher profit or that you will miss the risk, whichever comes will be the risk to take as no one can really foretell the future that isnt clear

We should all take the risk involving bitcoin so that we can profit 200-300 worth of profit is ok for me if that price can be achieve after the halving.
There are a lot of people that is saying that the halving will be bad for Bitcoin because the price keeps stable for a long time and that is quite bad because they are waiting so long.
The only thing that must just happen for the most people who already have Bitcoin is that it must rise so they can sell their coin fast and that would be nice for them.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
April 19, 2016, 05:44:53 AM
The halving is basically a learning event, it is fairly risky to invest it in this time around.

Great reward comes with great risk so if you are trying to say to keep it safe and watch it around to see what really happens then either you could be missing the train for higher profit or that you will miss the risk, whichever comes will be the risk to take as no one can really foretell the future that isnt clear

We should all take the risk involving bitcoin so that we can profit 200-300 worth of profit is ok for me if that price can be achieve after the halving.

If you can afford to lose, take the risk, best case you make a nice profit.

If you not can afford it, think...   nobody will know what is going to happen, could go up, but there is a far chance it will go down.
What do i hope? I hope $1000++  Grin 
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
April 19, 2016, 01:36:03 AM

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013
April 18, 2016, 04:59:27 PM

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
April 18, 2016, 01:14:36 PM
The halving will be bad, it can possibly put pressure on the BTC price.
Maybe well below the 200 dollar mark due to mining farms bankruptcy, think about BTCS, falling stocks, Bitonic will not receive fresh new bitcoins from smaller miners...And we need company's like that.
Anyway the Halving will suck. Sorry guys.

For a effect less halving the valid reason is clearly described in the above quote. I believe anything can happen with bitcoin, so if the situation acts in the opposite manner we might experience the increased price as most speculation.
This is something I've been saying for a while, since Bitcoin is a relatively new investment and we haven't experienced a halving on a scale this big yet, anything can happen with the market and it is basically impossible to predict due to the lack of any reliable historical data. The halving is basically a learning event, it is fairly risky to invest it in this time around.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
April 18, 2016, 01:02:21 PM
Maybe well below the 200 dollar mark due to mining farms bankruptcy, think about BTCS, falling stocks, Bitonic will not receive fresh new bitcoins from smaller miners...And we need company's like that.

For a effect less halving the valid reason is clearly described in the above quote. I believe anything can happen with bitcoin, so if the situation acts in the opposite manner we might experience the increased price as most speculation.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
April 18, 2016, 12:29:13 PM
Activity: 545
Merit: 254
April 18, 2016, 12:27:06 PM
I think halving a positive impact on the price of Bitcoin.

it's interesting to look at what happened the last time halved in 2012. The price at the day was about $13.
Half a year before that date, it was $5. Half a year later it was $130.

and it is probable forecast after halving in 2016 *

Great graphics.Hopes that the price will do the same after the next halving!!! Wink
Activity: 545
Merit: 254
April 18, 2016, 12:26:06 PM
I think halving a positive impact on the price of Bitcoin.

it's interesting to look at what happened the last time halved in 2012. The price at the day was about $13.
Half a year before that date, it was $5. Half a year later it was $130.

and it is probable forecast after halving in 2016 *

Great graphics.Hopes that the price will do the same like this after the next halving!!! Wink
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
April 18, 2016, 11:38:29 AM
I believe in 6 month or so we will be behind all the halving speculation...
As said many times and the facts are confirming it,we will not see a big pump.
Many people now know that the halving efect is already in the BTC price.
Yes so many people that if the price goes up...many people will sell and push the price downer.
we are in an very different situation we have known 4 years ago.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 306
April 18, 2016, 11:37:05 AM
The halving is good for bitcoin because this will dictate the price of bitcoin and wont have any bad effects in bitcoin.

halving is good for the people who have invested their money in recent past as after halving the price would be much higher, so that they can make some money out of it..

That is right. If the demand is the same, and the supply reduces, the price will rise. But adoption is most important.
April 18, 2016, 11:31:16 AM
The halving a good for bitcoin since it will reduce the supply of bitcoin and when there is a reduction in supply that would mean that the price value of bitcoin will go up and that is what user are waiting for.

Agreed Smiley, my opinion, as the supply rate is reduced, reduced bitcoin in circulation making it more rare and valuable therefore raising the price, ...

The halving will not reduce the supply. The supply is greater now than before the last halving, and it will be greater after the next halving than it is now. Bitcoins are not consumed. The supply and the number in circulation increase with every block.
The halving will nobody will know what is going to happen with the value and that is the problem you have to take some risks if you want to earn some good money with Bitcoin.
The bad thing is that you never know what will happen and many people are saying it will be a bad value after the halving.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 18, 2016, 09:23:13 AM
The halving is good for bitcoin because this will dictate the price of bitcoin and wont have any bad effects in bitcoin.

halving is good for the people who have invested their money in recent past as after halving the price would be much higher, so that they can make some money out of it..

Its a very good thing the price will rise to a higher amount. The future of the bitcoin is also good,.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 18, 2016, 09:11:18 AM

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 18, 2016, 08:30:18 AM
There are a lot of people that is saying that Bitcoin will be bad after the halving be the most people with already Bitcoin are hoping that the value will be huge in the future.
If that will now happen than there will be a lot of people that will get mad and I also think that they will stop using Bitcoin.

the only thing that will really change are the block rewards going down from 25btc to 12.5btc and maybe even the price going higher, and that's it. people shouldn't get mad about anything bitcoin related. these people if they get mad, and maybe will stop using bitcoin, then let them go. these people aren't good for anything. nothing will be lost when these people leave.

Yes very true halving is very bad for miners because the difficulty is mor harder and block rewards will be lessen and they will get mad by that or some dump their miners. And it is good for those who is hoarding btc and wait for halving because they are the one who can get more profitnwith halving  event
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
April 18, 2016, 07:08:25 AM
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
April 18, 2016, 07:03:50 AM
There are a lot of people that is saying that Bitcoin will be bad after the halving be the most people with already Bitcoin are hoping that the value will be huge in the future.
If that will now happen than there will be a lot of people that will get mad and I also think that they will stop using Bitcoin.

the only thing that will really change are the block rewards going down from 25btc to 12.5btc and maybe even the price going higher, and that's it. people shouldn't get mad about anything bitcoin related. these people if they get mad, and maybe will stop using bitcoin, then let them go. these people aren't good for anything. nothing will be lost when these people leave.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
April 18, 2016, 06:27:08 AM
If there was/is no halving then the bitcoin price normally would not be increased to much comparing with the halving which 'forces' the price to be increased to cover the mining.

Yeah without the halving i dont think the price of bitcoin would reach $10 and it will be useless to use bitcoin,the halving id good for bitcoin and halving gives more price to bitcoin.

this is only true at the beginning where the pressure sell from the miners is high, but when you go to the low reward, it's already pointless to talk about the effect of the halving on the market

halving will wreck zero effect on the market when the block reward will be at 1-3 or lower
April 18, 2016, 03:55:47 AM
Pages:
Jump to: