Author

Topic: The Movement DAO | Fully Decentralized Organization | Borderless Collaboration - page 155. (Read 262750 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
All the -70% activity spanking doesn't do much for community building, too early for punishment. The history of airdrop coins being successful without innovation is very poor, there's so much competition now, and when more than 50% of the community realise while they were waiting for direction from the dev they had their pants pulled down and their bums smacked for lack of 'activity', many will stop paying attention here.

For better or worse the dev must lead and show direction, at least at the start. When I see people getting enthusiastic and evangelising an 'unknown' project I smell insincerity and BS. @dev, you lead first and then spank the inactive community members later, not before the fucking project has even started!

Most of those are farmed accounts. Once those accounts get removed from the distribution list then we'll see screaming happening.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I did both votes, but still got a -70%, who can fix this?

First of all was your account created before the time terms? I don't remember the exactly date right now, maybe August 31th ( I hope other menbers correct if I'm wrong). If it's all right, try to send a message to the dev with the proof of your vote, your messages or something like that.
i dont thinks its needed there are forms that see if you already vote or not. i think you voted late .
Activity: 778
Merit: 291
40% is 40%
What's gotten quiet, is there any news?
Activity: 826
Merit: 263

First of all was your account created before the time terms? I don't remember the exactly date right now, maybe August 31th ( I hope other menbers correct if I'm wrong). If it's all right, try to send a message to the dev with the proof of your vote, your messages or something like that.
Activity: 490
Merit: 264
| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |
All the -70% activity spanking doesn't do much for community building, too early for punishment. The history of airdrop coins being successful without innovation is very poor, there's so much competition now, and when more than 50% of the community realise while they were waiting for direction from the dev they had their pants pulled down and their bums smacked for lack of 'activity', many will stop paying attention here.

For better or worse the dev must lead and show direction, at least at the start. When I see people getting enthusiastic and evangelising an 'unknown' project I smell insincerity and BS. @dev, you lead first and then spank the inactive community members later, not before the fucking project has even started!

-70% wasn't to "spank" anyone... That penalty isn't applied to those who lack activity.
-70% is applied to those who failed to do the 2 mandatory votes as it was explained in the OP (i believe there's no explanation anymore in the OP as the applications are over)

There's no penalty for those who lack activity. Only for those who didn't vote.
We are building a DAO. We have a voice to govern it by voting and 3/4 of the people who went in for a quick buck are not reading or doing anything and expecting to have the whole cake...

It was stated since the beginning that if you don't vote, you'll be penalized.
Don't spread fake infos please  Wink

I completly agree... The minimum that was asked from people was to vote and let their voice heard... They were capable of signing up to the airdrop but unable to write a message for the 1 vote? We could be talking about the 70% if its fair or not but in my point of view the hard penalty is a must...
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
What happens with the distributions seems dev  has stopped since few days ago, hope we will get soon ours tokens.  Project look amazing to me
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I can't find any exact date in the roadmap.
What's the next move?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

I think they want to reward the real active airdrop participants while those free loaders will get less, but for me -70% is too high for punishment for inactivity for the movement. 

But lets carry on and support the dev team on all their decision and plans.

^
This, which is very good
Activity: 226
Merit: 103

They weren't waiting for direction, they just signed in without taking a look if anything is needed from them and without returning. The dev gave a direction. It was to achieve consensus on the first vote, so we can decide when to close the airdrop. Good thing more than 50% of the participants figured it out or we'd still be stuck on the first vote and the airdrop would still be open to new participants. As far as I remember the dev even pushed the deadline 24 hours, to give them one more chance.

Look at it this way. Nobody got penalized. Just the people who actualy participated and helped the vote go through got a +70% bonus for not being a liability to the project.

I just realized that only the 1st vote is mandatory to escape the -70%
Activity: 359
Merit: 252

They weren't waiting for direction, they just signed up without taking a look if anything is needed from them and without returning to the thread. The dev gave a direction. It was to achieve consensus on the first vote, so we can decide when to close the airdrop. Good thing more than 50% of the participants figured it out or we'd still be stuck on the first vote and the airdrop would still be open to new participants. As far as I remember the dev even pushed the deadline 24 hours, to give them one more chance.

Look at it this way. Nobody got penalized. Just the people who actualy participated and helped the vote go through got a +70% bonus for not being a liability to the project. Nobody has any money invested in this anyway, so I don't see much reason for complaining.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 210
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Did we come with an agreement on the 2nd vote , the one with the bonus for the first registered ? Quite curious about it.
Activity: 226

-70% wasn't to "spank" anyone... That penalty isn't applied to those who lack activity.
-70% is applied to those who failed to do the 2 mandatory votes as it was explained in the OP (i believe there's no explanation anymore in the OP as the applications are over)

There's no penalty for those who lack activity. Only for those who didn't vote.
We are building a DAO. We have a voice to govern it by voting and 3/4 of the people who went in for a quick buck are not reading or doing anything and expecting to have the whole cake...

It was stated since the beginning that if you don't vote, you'll be penalized.
Don't spread fake infos please  Wink
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

I think they want to reward the real active airdrop participants while those free loaders will get less, but for me -70% is too high for punishment for inactivity for the movement. 

But lets carry on and support the dev team on all their decision and plans.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
I have been a bit out of the woods lately but is there anything we need to do right now or we are awaiting for further instructions? Anyway in which we can help build this project let me know. I can do a blog review if that will help. I have been a bit out of the loop as I have been learning to trade a bit etc but I will be around as I think this could really become like the next NEM of crypto. I remember how big NEM was back in the day so this could become the NEXT one, maybe even better who knows.  Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 268

Activity: 756
Merit: 579
Is that necessary to post on daily basis into this thread to increase the amount of tokens from upcoming distribution. How OP will calculate the token for any person that is a little bit confusing for me some people are posting off topic into this thread.

The total share of the tokens will be calculated upon the activity/contribution to the project of each member, not based on the posts from this thread.

At a certain point, when shit get real, we will need to add to that spreadsheet abot skills that anybody can bring into play to help the movement.

@Droper I think we must change or think to another ticker for The Movement DAO token because TAO is taken, see here: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tao/

the tokens exist already, somebody found it on etherscan few pages back:

https://etherscan.io/token/0x6ec3b3dd8c9676e2098666f5a58968ba83542d08

or at least we believe this is it

Yes I belive that is The Movement DAO token too, the supply is 3 millions like it should be. Well the good think is that Tao coin ticker is XTO and we use the name TAO as ticker.
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
Looking forward to the distribution and beyond! The thread has 90869 views already, approaching 100k. Tokens should be arriving in our wallets shortly and this is the beginning

The real work and fun may begin

I don't care very much about the tokens, I care about decentraland and VR implementation!

The decentraland and vr implementation sound really cool. I'm eagerly awaiting updates regarding these Wink
Activity: 671
Moni
Looking forward to the distribution and beyond! The thread has 90869 views already, approaching 100k. Tokens should be arriving in our wallets shortly and this is the beginning

I don't care very much about the tokens, I care about decentraland and VR implementation!
Activity: 426
Merit: 256

Jump to: