Pages:
Author

Topic: The Movement DAO | Fully Decentralized Organization | Borderless Collaboration - page 2. (Read 262702 times)

Activity: 233
Merit: 178
The future is almost here.
I am still hodling my MVT.  Was not aware of the swap from MVT to MDT. 

Been in the space since 2016 and I've seen so much incompetence, greed and outright theft/hacks that haven't been that motivated to keep up with every new thing like some people.  I've already gone through many skill sets such as electronic music, publishing, C++, Java, Internet consulting back in the 90s.  To younger people these ETH contracts are your big things/learning curves, just like with mine, and I've learned a lot of cool new things in the last year but Defi hasn't been one of them.  I do want to keep up to speed. 

I have used Metamask on and off over the last 10 months or so but not very often. 

Not sure what the community involvement has been like in tracking the developments here since August 2020.

I believe my MVT can still be swapped.  I would like to do that and see what is going on first hand.

Hi,

The swap from MVT to MDT was voluntary for community members, and while the functionality of the DAO's token mint has been shut off, MDT is still available through uniswap. There is a permissionless MVT/MDT pool, and while there are no tokens in the pool itself, the routers look at the other four MVT pools and three MDT pools to calculate the swap ratios. If that doesn't appeal to you, send me a message. I'll make sure some end up in your wallet.  Wink

Moving forward into a multi-token future, MVT and MDT are essentially Value and Governance for the DAO. As we move into Spheres, the integration of these two into Sphere sub-communities in different ways creates the "flower of life" effect, which is replicable, adding to the ecosystem as a whole.

Bitcointalk is great, but there is also a discord server full of information and docs that are getting updated all the time with different information. 

Reach out with any questions. Glad to see you still here!

Discord
Documentation

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550
I am still hodling my MVT.  Was not aware of the swap from MVT to MDT. 

Been in the space since 2016 and I've seen so much incompetence, greed and outright theft/hacks that haven't been that motivated to keep up with every new thing like some people.  I've already gone through many skill sets such as electronic music, publishing, C++, Java, Internet consulting back in the 90s.  To younger people these ETH contracts are your big things/learning curves, just like with mine, and I've learned a lot of cool new things in the last year but Defi hasn't been one of them.  I do want to keep up to speed. 

I have used Metamask on and off over the last 10 months or so but not very often. 

Not sure what the community involvement has been like in tracking the developments here since August 2020.

I believe my MVT can still be swapped.  I would like to do that and see what is going on first hand.
Themovement really become a community project with real people working in the project development

Absolutely. It's all about the people!

-
on another note, why has MVT become an untracked listing on CoinMarketCap?

Low trading volume and low liquidity.
Activity: 63
Merit: 11
Themovement really become a community project with real people working in the project development

Absolutely. It's all about the people!

-
on another note, why has MVT become an untracked listing on CoinMarketCap?
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
Bounty Manager For Hire!!
Even without a developer, Themovement really become a community project with real people working in the project development. I never been part of this airdrop but i been following how this simple dropper bot become one of the successful project of 2017.
Activity: 105
Merit: 6
Coming soon

Buy $ACRE 1 to 1 with $ETH

With $ACRE you can do 2 things:
1) Hold $ACRE to earn dividends on Greenpoint developments
2) Solidify $ACRE w/ 1 $MDT to create TOTEM ( ~677,433 possible )

With TOTEM you can do 2 things:
1) Staked in the contract it earns from the daily $MVT rollout
2) Unstaked it builds manifestation potential

Manifesing:
TOTEMs that are not staked, will earn from a secondary $MVT pool.
The $MVT earned is locked away until the the holder of the TOTEM asks the oracle if he/she is worthy.
This is a subjective community decision. When asking they can provide a contract address. (optional)
The community/oracle has to approve the request, and once they do, there is the $MVT payout.
This process is called Manifesting. and Once a totem has been manifest it can not deconverted and it can not manifest again.

The goal of $MDT is to drive community participation with manifestation rewards.
$MVT is like insurance since it's backed by the price floor and reserve & it will get locked up quick at the beginning

Dynamic Formulas
$MVT Rollout:
There is a reserve associated with the daily rollout. The % of totem unstaked is the percent of that reserve that will be distributed that day. This is because the majority will take the daily $MVT rewards. It's easier to earn $MVT that way.

$ETH distribution:
$ETH used to buy $ACRE is split 2 ways
X% goes to the $MVT insurance price floor
Y% goes to the Greenpoint team to jump start portals into the real world
Y% = the % of weight that is Staked TOTEM. ( $ACRE and TOTEM are both measure their weight in $ACRE )
If Greenpoint is earning a lot for $ACRE holders, new purchases of $ACRE are building up insurance
If people staking TOTEM a lot, more goes Greenpoint for development

TOTEM to $MDT conversion:
When converting TOTEM back to $MDT, some of the $ACRE weight of that TOTEM is burned.
The % burned is the % weight that is TOTEM in the ecosystem.
This burn can be prevented if an $MVT equivalent of weight is sacrificed.
The $MVT bonus drives up the value of $MVT (since it's saving something that cost $ETH) & it locks up that $MVT in a place that it is hard to get (manifesting)
This burn incentivizes holders to hold TOTEM long & put down significant weight.

The first thing paying $ACRE holders will be the decentralized bridging technology from the Obelus team. So there will be immediate value soon after this community contract launches.
Activity: 105
Merit: 6
I think if the movement was launched in 2021 on Binance smart chain it would probably have 100k users

It's soooo under the radar, it's amazing

The oracle technology I'm integrating has cross chain capabilities.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I think if the movement was launched in 2021 on binance smart chain it would probably have 100k users

It's soooo under the radar, it's amazing
Activity: 14
(silent) bitcointalk readers like me, join the movement discord https://discord.gg/6WdgzPx
to connect and create
Activity: 3
love the project guys

could you please update total+circ supply on coinmarketcap to 3,000,000 so that it shows the market cap? TIA
Activity: 497
Merit: 251
Here is a quick tutorial on the ACRE Contract.

Thanks. Great to-the-point guide. Telling friends to check out ACRE.

Hello,

Here is a quick tutorial on the ACRE Contract.

https://gumshed-movement.medium.com/greenpoint-land-reserves-366f29a15eb6

Thanks and I hope this finds you well.

gumshed
Activity: 497
Merit: 251
Hey guys

wouldn't be interesting to wrap MVT on Tezos? It's not listed yet, but I really like the idea, specially because the low fees in transactions.

I'd like to know your thoughts about it.

https://medium.com/bender-labs/wrap-protocol-is-now-live-2d028e6d96b9

I really like this idea and support it 100%. Please wrap MVT on Tezos.
Activity: 581
Merit: 507
To the moon!
Hey guys

wouldn't be interesting to wrap MVT on Tezos? It's not listed yet, but I really like the idea, specially because the low fees in transactions.

I'd like to know your thoughts about it.

https://medium.com/bender-labs/wrap-protocol-is-now-live-2d028e6d96b9
Hello, sorry to ask again but when can we start to stake LP ?

My apologies.  Ran into issues and it's not finished. Don't want to release something wonky.  I think to finish it up more quickly I'm going to bounty it gitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001
Hello, sorry to ask again but when can we start to stake LP ?
IS THIS THE ORIGINAL DAO THAT WAS HACKED? :-D TIA!

Nope! Smiley But here's a story about them.

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
IS THIS THE ORIGINAL DAO THAT WAS HACKED? :-D TIA!
Gotta realize Movement DAO really is one of the old community DAOs and still alive. 2017, baby. How exciting is this

Few know, still

https://twitter.com/kevinknielsen/status/1384581247108792321
would definitely love to see it included in a graph like this
Pages:
Jump to: