Pages:
Author

Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin - page 12. (Read 15401 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 106
I think the fees have already been significantly lowered since then. Transaction fees is not anymore a hot concern as far as Bitcoin transactions are concerned. Besides, I don't have it as a big deal that there is a transaction fee for as long as I am making a profit for my investment, a relatively big one at that considering the duration of it.
The rates are not great for money transfers, but if you make small purchases or pay bills in cafe the fees for transactions are large. How to develop trade under such conditions? To trade expensive goods sellers must first try to sell, and it is not profitable.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Probably now, we cannot really see how bitcoin will be mainstream and that investing in it is really quite risky compared to investing in stocks where there is still a large scale of risk but a lot of people are doing it then why not right? But I believe, when you really understand how bitcoin works and how useful and effective it can be, it can really make a good investment, though right now its not really as good as cash but it is defined as a currency and a number of avenues are accepting it.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley
This will be massive investment for you if you stick to your decision to invest bitcoin for 2 to 3 years I am very optimistic that in a few years to come  you reap bountifully your investment, it very glaring that the price of bitcoin will continue to rise and many countries are adopting it and transaction fees has been reduced drastically for a smooth and non-delayed transactions.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
I think the fees have already been significantly lowered since then. Transaction fees is not anymore a hot concern as far as Bitcoin transactions are concerned. Besides, I don't have it as a big deal that there is a transaction fee for as long as I am making a profit for my investment, a relatively big one at that considering the duration of it.
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
Investing in bitcoins is very beneficial. High profit over time. If you invest early, you will benefit. In some countries, their people can use bitcoin to buy food online. You can use bitcoin to pay tuition at the school .... Invest early on bitcoin you are catching up era
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is indeed the perfect way to invest. And you are saying that you would like to make a long-term investment, at least for 2-3 years. So what's the problem? You can actually hold Bitcoin without having to spend it and wait until the price increases significantly. And by that time Bitcoin will probably have become so mainstream that you are able to use it like fiat on a daily basis.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Sorry but when I read this title all I can think is BULLCRAP!
There is no reason not to invest in Bitcoin.
If you invested in Bitcoin for the past years you would be rich.
but right now investing  in bitcoin can not make your rich anymore unless you have a lot of money. Bitcoin can not x100 its price anymore. If you want to be rich, try to invest your money in ICO tokens or some altcoins because they contain more potential than bitcoin
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Bitcoin is actually more suited to be an investment rather than a day to day currency. I still suggest you to buy some and hold them instead of using them, and treat them as 'gold'.

If services like fast food restaurants decides to use Bitcoin as a payment method, maybe they can come out with a method that allows for no fees between accounts, but this is just a suggestion.

Existing methods including Bitcoinpay, but it still charges a fee of 0.8%, not completely free. Undecided
I also think that my friend also wants to invest in bitcoin and keep them to reserve but bitcoin reserves are not like gold reserves because bitcoin reserves will get more profit as bitcoins are growing and I think Storage of bitcoin is a right thing to do.
Yes, this is not perfectly understood by users who are thinking much about the future. Majority of the users makes a diversified investment, so that if something happens with one investment the loss can be compensated with the next. I suggest to go for an all in all investment on bitcoin. Withdraw the capital after a price growth and then diversify into different investments under centralized systems.
Activity: 854
Merit: 522
The causes i stay and investing in bitcoins are the technology blockchain behind of bitcoins, it is new technology in the internet and currency even today blockstream Announcing Blockstream Satellite: now sending real-time blockchain data from space. Join the #Bitcoin network. https://t.co/9FtxVfx2dW that is one reason except price of bitcoins is very high.  Grin
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
Sorry but when I read this title all I can think is BULLCRAP!
There is no reason not to invest in Bitcoin.
If you invested in Bitcoin for the past years you would be rich.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
The reason why i am now investing in bitcoin:
FUTURE
that is my answer...
i know one day bitcoin will be totally accepted worldwide..
when that day comes imagine how much would a single bitcoin cost...
so for me why would i still wait for that day to come....
why not invest now when i still can,  and not wait until it get so expensive...
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Bitcoin is actually more suited to be an investment rather than a day to day currency. I still suggest you to buy some and hold them instead of using them, and treat them as 'gold'.

If services like fast food restaurants decides to use Bitcoin as a payment method, maybe they can come out with a method that allows for no fees between accounts, but this is just a suggestion.

Existing methods including Bitcoinpay, but it still charges a fee of 0.8%, not completely free. Undecided
I also think that my friend also wants to invest in bitcoin and keep them to reserve but bitcoin reserves are not like gold reserves because bitcoin reserves will get more profit as bitcoins are growing and I think Storage of bitcoin is a right thing to do.
If your friend wants to invest in bitcoin the just tell him that he is approaching the best investment so far because bitcoin is keep rising and it is faster than the gold and because of it, it is very attractive for most of the investors and if he want to secure his investment in bitcoin or other coins then he can print paper wallet or buy a hardware wallet.
Activity: 308
Merit: 101

copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is no more suitable to use as a currency.In earlier years of bitcoin,people used it to buy products and to pay for services.But now with such huge increase in price,now no body is willing to spend bitcoins for just buying any thing which could be easily bought with fiat money.They don't want to loose an earning opportunity with bitcoins.They instead treat it as a valuable investment which could give them huge returns in future.Even after the much expected segwit activation,nothing has changed enough.The miners still wish to play their own game by confirming only the transactions with higher fee.Coming to your point,you have decided to invest your money for two to three years.For that,bitcoin is he ultimate choice.So you have no need to worry about high transaction fee.

I believe bitcoin is still suitable to use as a currency.  It was created to do such function and it is really doing it right now.  Though due to the wild fluctuation and the possibility of price surge, it was used as a store of value since it gives us a possibility to increase the value of our holdings in term of dollar.  This is also one of the reason why I keep myself on investing in bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
It's fear. Fear has a massive grip on people. Your body has fear to protect itself but your mind over exaggerates then risk very often.
A negative mindset for example can be very destructive.

Fear keeps people from being successful and only those of us who push through our fears have any hope on success in what we do.

Ya my advice is don't get panic. In bitcoin you will earn a lot in couple of days. To inverse in bitcoin you must have Guts.Only the people having a Guts like me will inverse in bitcoin. No one who had a fear don't get into bitcoin. Bitcoin is only for the Brave people. This is not a place for Fearing and shivering people. If you have a Guts means inverse in bitcoin.

When we panic we will know later what were losing. If btc dumps soon it will pump. That's a cycle we just need to wait when it will happen and grab the chance once it's there.
I understand your mean, if have flash crash on market, not only Bitcoin, Altcoin price will recovery soon but how to know when time is lowest price very difficult. Need improve control our emotion and skills trading can solve any situation on market.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is no more suitable to use as a currency.In earlier years of bitcoin,people used it to buy products and to pay for services.But now with such huge increase in price,now no body is willing to spend bitcoins for just buying any thing which could be easily bought with fiat money.They don't want to loose an earning opportunity with bitcoins.They instead treat it as a valuable investment which could give them huge returns in future.Even after the much expected segwit activation,nothing has changed enough.The miners still wish to play their own game by confirming only the transactions with higher fee.Coming to your point,you have decided to invest your money for two to three years.For that,bitcoin is he ultimate choice.So you have no need to worry about high transaction fee.
Activity: 503
Merit: 250
It's fear. Fear has a massive grip on people. Your body has fear to protect itself but your mind over exaggerates then risk very often.

Fear keeps people from being successful and only those of us who push through our fears have any hope on success in what we do.

Ya my advice is don't get panic. In bitcoin you will earn a lot in couple of days. To inverse in bitcoin you must have Guts.Only the people having a Guts like me will inverse in bitcoin. No one who had a fear don't get into bitcoin. Bitcoin is only for the Brave people. This is not a place for Fearing and shivering people. If you have a Guts means inverse in bitcoin.

When we panic we will know later what were losing. If btc dumps soon it will pump. That's a cycle we just need to wait when it will happen and grab the chance once it's there.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
I keep investing in Btc because it is rising insanely.
For example, last wednesday I had 7$, today I checked, I found them around 9.5$ .
In addition I am working as a freelancer and it is a good source of money.

The average trend data for bitcoin is always up so it will give more confident to all investor and bitcoin followers to invest. But still we need to always reconsider the risk specially thru bitcoin investment. Suggest signature campaign is the safest but need hardwork.
If you think trading not need hardwork like signature campaign, maybe you wrong because every day, you need learning more knowledge, expericence about trading, marker and cryptocurrency, then practice and improve your skills. Grin

Trading is more complicated that just a signature campaign. In trading you need vast knowledge and you have a lot of experience to be able to lessen your risk or your lost. So trading needs a lot of hardwork and time on your side. We don't even need to compare them both. Well if you are not going to invest in bitcoin, the OP has lost a lot of opportunity to earn really because with the current uptrend with few minor corrections at the side, bitcoin can really be a good investment specially for longer terms.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
I keep investing in Btc because it is rising insanely.
For example, last wednesday I had 7$, today I checked, I found them around 9.5$ .
In addition I am working as a freelancer and it is a good source of money.

The average trend data for bitcoin is always up so it will give more confident to all investor and bitcoin followers to invest. But still we need to always reconsider the risk specially thru bitcoin investment. Suggest signature campaign is the safest but need hardwork.
If you think trading not need hardwork like signature campaign, maybe you wrong because every day, you need learning more knowledge, expericence about trading, marker and cryptocurrency, then practice and improve your skills. Grin
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

Pages:
Jump to: