Pages:
Author

Topic: The space launchings aren't putting food on your table. - page 10. (Read 10632 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
...clip...

Please explain to us, then, what exactly those huge moon rockets DID.

What did Apollo 8 do?  Where did it go?
Did Apollo 13 actually have three guys in it?
What actually happened to Grissom and his companions?
What was the actual path of the Apollo 16 vehicle?  Start with low earth orbit, and then the transfer to lunar orbit, and the supposed landing and return. 
Where did the "Moon rocks" come from, if guys did not go to the Moon and bring them back?

Sorry dude but the rockets travel in an arc and go into the ocean and the moon rocks are just petrified wood.

Sure, and the little cones that came ploughing into the air on parachutes, that had guys in them, that were picked up by helicopters and taken to ships, those guys were from.....

?

... wouldn't have been there if we hadn't wasted all that time and money on stupid moon shots, that didn't go anywhere, but were designed to deceive the people, just so NASA could get some more money.

It worked well the first time, let's do it again with the new generation that was never told all that stuff that the old generation must have forgotten by now. After all, we need to get our money.

Smiley
So....now where did the Moon Rocks come from?  You know, rocks that any geologist can look at, or which you and I can look at under a high power microscope, and immediately recognize features that are not possible for a rock made on Earth to have?

Where exactly did those rocks come from, and how?  Did the Apollo astronauts stay in LEO, and robot probes go to the Moon and bring them back?
If nobody went to the moon, how would we know what moon rocks were supposed to look like? Ever heard of metorites? In addition, not every geological formation on earth has been discovered. Earth is that large.

I think if you want to believe in the conspiracy theory, you have the responsibility of working it all out so that it makes sense.  To do this you'd have to learn a great deal about space science and the Apollo program instead of just wallowing in ignorance.

The Apollo program is one of the most detailed things in the modern era.  Every transcript, film photograph, audio, everything is available and on the web. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqUXdpbtLCs
And lots of them have been shown to have been faked.

Amateur radio hobbyists pointed their equipment toward the Moon and picked up the conversations.  How did that happen?

Have fun trying to figure it all out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi1WoZzeXWs

What's to figure? You never heard of bouncing radio signals off the atmosphere? The set-up for this would be easy for someone with NASA funds.

Smiley
Activity: 675
Merit: 500
The problem is most of these launchings are funded by governments.
If the private sector found a way to explore space and make profits out of it, most people wouldn't be complaining.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
It surprises me to see so many of the educated posters here arguing against the space missions. So far, the space missions have created trillions of USD in profits for the human civilization (through various inventions) when compared to the total cost of a few hundred billion USD. In future also, space missions will prove extremely useful to the human civilization. Imagine what would happen if some inhabitable exoplanet is found near the solar system. The overpopulation problem of the earth can be resolved if it happens. Or imagine the scenario in which some complex mineral is found in a remote corner of our universe, which can provide an infinite source of electricity. 
Actually, in a way, the very incredulous of the critics is proof and evidence of why the missions should not just continue but expand.  People that just shake their head in dumb disbelief, saying...

"There's no way man can do that!  It's impossible! <>"

We need to stretch the limits of the envelope more, and have more people disbelieving that things that were done through science and engineering couldn't possibly have been done.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
It surprises me to see so many of the educated posters here arguing against the space missions. So far, the space missions have created trillions of USD in profits for the human civilization (through various inventions) when compared to the total cost of a few hundred billion USD. In future also, space missions will prove extremely useful to the human civilization. Imagine what would happen if some inhabitable exoplanet is found near the solar system. The overpopulation problem of the earth can be resolved if it happens. Or imagine the scenario in which some complex mineral is found in a remote corner of our universe, which can provide an infinite source of electricity. 
legendary
...clip...

What was the actual path of the Apollo 16 vehicle?  Start with low earth orbit, and then the transfer to lunar orbit, and the supposed landing and return. 
Where did the "Moon rocks" come from, if guys did not go to the Moon and bring them back?

Sorry dude but the rockets travel in an arc and go into the ocean and the moon rocks are just petrified wood.

Sure, and the little cones that came ploughing into the air on parachutes, that had guys in them, that were picked up by helicopters and taken to ships, those guys were from.....

?

... wouldn't have been there if we hadn't wasted all that time and money on stupid moon shots, that didn't go anywhere, but were designed to deceive the people, just so NASA could get some more money.

It worked well the first time, let's do it again with the new generation that was never told all that stuff that the old generation must have forgotten by now. After all, we need to get our money.

Smiley
So....now where did the Moon Rocks come from?  You know, rocks that any geologist can look at, or which you and I can look at under a high power microscope, and immediately recognize features that are not possible for a rock made on Earth to have?

Where exactly did those rocks come from, and how?  Did the Apollo astronauts stay in LEO, and robot probes go to the Moon and bring them back?

I think if you want to believe in the conspiracy theory, you have the responsibility of working it all out so that it makes sense.  To do this you'd have to learn a great deal about space science and the Apollo program instead of just wallowing in ignorance.

The Apollo program is one of the most detailed things in the modern era.  Every transcript, film photograph, audio, everything is available and on the web. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqUXdpbtLCs

Amateur radio hobbyists pointed their equipment toward the Moon and picked up the conversations.  How did that happen?

Have fun trying to figure it all out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi1WoZzeXWs

legendary
...clip...

?

Smiley
legendary
...clip...

?
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
I found my next project:
http://www.diyspaceexploration.com/how-to-build-your-own-personal-satellite/

Why did they always say you need to be a rocket scientist?  Huh

All these anti science fundamentalist here you go build your own satellite Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
...clip...

legendary
It is a technological step backwards if you send men to the moon and bring them back and then show no signs of being able to repeat that feat for half a century. Who know, maybe someone will be wondering in half a century more when they´ll get out of low earth orbit.
"Repeat a feat?"

Neither science, astrophysics or space science has as any of it's goals "repeating a feat."

Play baby! You pick on a few words just to cover up the fact that we were promised throughout the '50s and '60s a living habitat on the moon - a moon base where we could go and live and visit - which we don't knowingly have even now.

There might be some diabolic reason for this gigantic NASA scam. But the closer we examine the space program, the more we see it is a scam. And now they are trying to do it again, just to screw a new generation.

Smiley
legendary
As far as I can tell 17 of those 24 are still alive which isn´t a bad average since they´re all 80+ years old, I guess.
True but like I said, the amount of radiation they received during a short mission wasn't enough to be catastrophic to their health (for most of them). Also, the people chosen as astronauts are exceptionally healthy and fit so most of them live pretty long and they probably get really great healthcare.

Please tell me how the moon launchings weren't fake
The most damning evidence against the Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracy is that Russia, China, India, and Japan have all sent probes to the Moon and taken pictures of the Apollo landing sites. If the Lunar Landings were a hoax why didn't the USSR show everyone? Can you imagine the amount of prestige the US would lose in the eyes of the world if they faked the landings? It'd be great news for the Soviets.

According to many opinions and calculations, even the small couple of minutes that it takes astronauts to go through the Van Allen Belts that surround earth is enough to fry anybody.

Smiley

No, YOU explain it. Because those guys couldn't have gone through the Van Allen Belts and lived.

Smiley
legendary
It is a technological step backwards if you send men to the moon and bring them back and then show no signs of being able to repeat that feat for half a century. Who know, maybe someone will be wondering in half a century more when they´ll get out of low earth orbit.
"Repeat a feat?"

Neither science, astrophysics or space science has as any of it's goals "repeating a feat."
legendary
As far as I can tell 17 of those 24 are still alive which isn´t a bad average since they´re all 80+ years old, I guess.
True but like I said, the amount of radiation they received during a short mission wasn't enough to be catastrophic to their health (for most of them). Also, the people chosen as astronauts are exceptionally healthy and fit so most of them live pretty long and they probably get really great healthcare.

The most damning evidence against the Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracy is that Russia, China, India, and Japan have all sent probes to the Moon and taken pictures of the Apollo landing sites. If the Lunar Landings were a hoax why didn't the USSR show everyone? Can you imagine the amount of prestige the US would lose in the eyes of the world if they faked the landings? It'd be great news for the Soviets.

According to many opinions and calculations, even the small couple of minutes that it takes astronauts to go through the Van Allen Belts that surround earth is enough to fry anybody.

Smiley

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Where are those pictures? I saw some supposedly recent NASA pictures that were frankly laughable. Looked like they were taken in the seventies. I guess it´s another example of their backwards technology. If over 40 years isn´t enough for them to produce pictures of the vehicles they left there I´ll have to doubt that they´re parked up there at all.
I'll find them for you after I get some sleep. It's really late where I am and I'm tired lol

All right, no problem, There´s no hurry, we´ll be here tomorrow.

Alright I'm back:
Hmm I stand corrected on other countries taking pictures of landing sites directly. None of the pictures and data are exactly beautiful because most of the data is from orbital probes rather than landers. The SELENE lunar probe launched by JAXA (Japan's space program) and Chandrayaan-1 (launched by India's space program) were not equipped with cameras powerful enough to photograph the sites. They did however record lighter colored disturbed soil in the area of the Apollo 15 lander, likely kicked up when it landed. The Soviet Union and several other countries tracked the Apollo Missions the by radar on their way to the moon and back. The Chinese have landed several probes on the moon but all the pictures they took are classified.

The only probe to take decent pictures of the landing site was the LRO which was launched by NASA, although the data and camera were under the control of various third party groups including some universities. Even the planted flags were visible, except on the Apollo 11 mission site which matches Buzz Aldrin's story which is that the flag was knocked over by exhaust when they left.

Hopefully this project will get some pictures: http://lunar.xprize.org/

Smiley
Which is why they avoided the most radioactive parts of the belt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuH4rxda3Z4
http://www.popsci.com/blog-network/vintage-space/apollo-rocketed-through-van-allen-belts
legendary

Smiley
Activity: 616

Where are those pictures? I saw some supposedly recent NASA pictures that were frankly laughable. Looked like they were taken in the seventies. I guess it´s another example of their backwards technology. If over 40 years isn´t enough for them to produce pictures of the vehicles they left there I´ll have to doubt that they´re parked up there at all.
I'll find them for you after I get some sleep. It's really late where I am and I'm tired lol

All right, no problem, There´s no hurry, we´ll be here tomorrow.

Pages:
Jump to: