Pages:
Author

Topic: Theymos: What the fuck is up with BFL and TradeFortress? - page 13. (Read 14312 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
How is TradeFortress a scammer? You Ripple shills deserve the tag.

He is signing up newbies to Ripple with the false expectation that they will get 1BTC from him when in fact he purposefully leads them into signing him up with a 100BTC trust limit to himself.  I personally do not think this is worthy of a 'scammer' tag but others have certainly suggested that this straddles the line on the wrong side.

Link? I thought TradeFortress was against Ripple. Did he get paid off?

How can the mods decide if TF defaults or not? Even if we assume that he did agree to redeem all his IOUs in real BTCs, did he specify any repayment date? He didn't, he can always say he will repay, but probably after a thousand years? I see absolutely no resaon why a scammer tag should be applied, the mods are powerless against him.

This is a good point. There is no penalty in Ripple for defaulting. Why should TradeFortress get a scammer tag for pointing out a flaw in the system? I think that's his aim.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
How can the mods decide if TF defaults or not? Even if we assume that he did agree to redeem all his IOUs in real BTCs, did he specify any repayment date? He didn't, he can always say he will repay, but probably after a thousand years? I see absolutely no resaon why a scammer tag should be applied, the mods are powerless against him.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

He is signing up newbies to Ripple with the false expectation that they will get 1BTC from him when in fact he purposefully leads them into signing him up with a 100BTC trust limit to himself.  I personally do not think this is worthy of a 'scammer' tag but others have certainly suggested that this straddles the line on the wrong side.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Two scammers and we aren't seeing any scammer or untrustworthy tag.

TradeFortress is a little controversial (although I believe he is firmly in the scammer camp for deliberately misleading newbies).

But there can be absolutely no question that BFL is a bad actor and needs the label right away.

Why are you abdicating your responsibilities?

+1 Agree.  BFL for sure and to think I almost sent them money.  Now all these TradeFortress posts should at minimum, be moved to the speculation forum because, at best, that's all it is. Speculation.  

Now there is justifcation for scammer tags for Tradefortress when we have noobs clearly getting scammed. One individual trying to unload what Tradefortress scammed him for, was busted in the currency section just yesterday.  Even John K. came into add to the thread and called it a "sick trick".  When it blew up in his face, we had PM dialog that included this:

Your right. Tradefortress scammed me greatly. And what should I Do to protect my account? The person was just making post but no PM's

So, what are you going to do?

EDIT:  Look how fast this thread made it to the scam accusation forum.  Shouldn't the Tradeforest threads be here as well?  Really speaks volumes.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
I forget. How much are we paying to use this forum?

I haven't paid anything but I'm more than willing to do so if it will expedite this process!
Activity: 232
Merit: 100

TradeFortress is a little controversial (although I believe he is firmly in the scammer camp for deliberately misleading newbies).

But there can be absolutely no question that BFL is a bad actor and needs the label right away.

Anyone selling XRP at the current stage of Ripple development should be tagged as a scammer. Yes, that means you.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

I think theymos has a few hundred thousand USD-worth from the community, actually....  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

Pages:
Jump to: