Pages:
Author

Topic: Theymos: What the fuck is up with BFL and TradeFortress? - page 9. (Read 14312 times)

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
I didn't take real bitcoins away from you, I didn't even take BTC.Bitstamp from you (remember when I gave it back to you?). My actions have allowed other independent people to exchange your BTC.Bitstamp to more BTC.TradeFortress, but as I've repeatedly said I'm not paying you BTC because I have never sent you bitcoins in the first place. Just Ripple bitcoin tokens, which are not bitcoins.

Derp. (Also, this is coming from the guy that thinks public blockchain / public ledger is a bug and filed an issue in the bug tracker for ripple).
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I sent people Ripple BTC when they asked, just like what I have being doing in the giveaway thread. I've sent people thousands of Ripple BTC, and sending 15 Ripple BTC to someone who asked was no exception. Have you being following? I also sent you 50 Ripple BTC too.

Either way, I don't redeem ripple BTCs for real BTCs, and..

For a scammer tag, the accused person needs to have promised to do something and then failed to deliver on the promise. TradeFortress never promised to pay anyone any bitcoins here. If you trust him to do something that he didn't promise, that's your problem.

It's pretty clear that I wasn't going to let you redeem by Ripple IOUs for real bitcoins, I've said it directly to you but you persisted. This is exactly what would happen, have some intelligence pl0x.

redeem your ripple IOUs for real bitcoins? They are promises to pay, but who cares, you TOOK real bitcoins from me. Do you hear me talkign about the what-you-suppose-are-worthless IOUs for 50 BTC and 1 BTC you issued me? no.

This is about the fully trusted and backed BTC IOUs you took from me and gave away.

When will you be repaying your debt with me? YOU personally owe ME.
vip
👻
I sent people Ripple BTC when they asked, just like what I have being doing in the giveaway thread. I've sent people thousands of Ripple BTC, and sending 15 Ripple BTC to someone who asked was no exception. Have you being following? I also sent you 50 Ripple BTC too.

Either way, I don't redeem ripple BTCs for real BTCs, and..

For a scammer tag, the accused person needs to have promised to do something and then failed to deliver on the promise. TradeFortress never promised to pay anyone any bitcoins here. If you trust him to do something that he didn't promise, that's your problem.

It's pretty clear that I wasn't going to let you redeem by Ripple IOUs for real bitcoins, I've said it directly to you but you persisted. This is exactly what would happen, have some intelligence pl0x.
[quoteI was a very early adopter of Ripple too

That explains it.

If you've being on here for a while, you should know that MPOE-PR is pretty much always correct in determining what services and businesses are junk.

So that gives you the right to take out a 100 btc credit line with me, use over 10 BTC of it, and never repay it?

I don't care how honest you are in your other dealings, I'd expect you to be. In this dealing you have given IOUs which were NOT worthless to other users, then taken a BTC debt out with me and passed it on. When you gave that 15 BTC IOU after everything had been proved, you knew exactly what would happen, or indeed arranged it.

Argue about terms, times, whatever, you have an outstanding credit line of 10.15 BTC with me, 9.15 BTC which I demand back. When will you be paying this?

Blockchain 1BqZohTvZ6KmPFj9ThS3CeGqpm3hJYfSqo or Ripple are both fine. You know my ripple address, I've reduced my trust to you so you can't incur any more debt, since you've proved very untrustworthy in the past 24 hours, certainly when dealing with me through ripple. I cannot speak to your other services or transactions, nor do I care about them.

I obviously do see the conflict of interests between code that allows people to lend to their friends and a business which makes money from lending coins though, but perhaps you are just ripping me off to prevent other people from getting ripped off (!?). You/we demonstrated (a) how a system works, (b) that you were untrustworthy.

In this demonstration you played the part of the scammer, the untrustworthy gateway, and I played the part of the hapless victim (to prevent some newb from loosing up to 100 btc). Only after everything was proved, you took it one step further and really did take 9.15 BTC from me.
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
Why are you abdicating your responsibilities?
Because they've received a lot of money from BFL both as a forum entity and individually as mods, not all of them but most of them. BFL is obviously a scam and was created to be a scam!
vip
👻
I was a very early adopter of Ripple too

That explains it.

If you've being on here for a while, you should know that MPOE-PR is pretty much always correct in determining what services and businesses are junk.
The obvious defense to this is that the ripple thing is very new, populated by very clueless people and it will improve in time. The risk of course is that absent competent people involved it will simply end up tagged as a failure (which is happening already). The complete inability of the managing team to obtain and retain the support of competent people seems to irreversibly doom this particular installment (even if the ripple idea might eventually come to some fruition, made and marketed by people with actual skills, understanding and connections rather than by random "hey ma look, I can programmate the computor" folks).

What rubbish. Do you think Ripple users are not programmers and BitCoin users? I've been programming for almost 20 years, I was in Bitcoin from the start and introduced it to Amir Taaki and Lazlo Torok, I was a very early adopter of Ripple too, and several other money related things from OpenTransactions through to PaySwarm and the surrounding standards. I understand money, debt, and of course am very familiar with David Graebers work. Most of the other Ripple users I know, also come from a similar background.

And now, some newb, TradeFortress, has been allowed to take a vendetta to the point that he can take over $1k from one of those users and get away with it, me. A complete piss take.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
So better than pushing him is to beg him to give you Bitstamp BTC.

This was funny. Somebody is running begging classes for the Bitcoin community?

My primary concern with ripple is exactly what TradeFortress has just demonstrated. Ripple IOUs have different values based on the issuer. If they traded on an open market, you would see this. IOUs for a trusted institution are worth more than IOUs for a less trusted one. E.g. you might see Bitstamp USD IOUs trading against Weexchange IOUs at a non-1 rate, such as 1.1.

But we don't see that in ripple (as far as I can tell). Instead, we see a markets labelled by the currencies only, such as USD/XRP. But whose USD? Where's the Bitstamp USD / Weexchange USD market?

The obvious defense to this is that the ripple thing is very new, populated by very clueless people and it will improve in time. The risk of course is that absent competent people involved it will simply end up tagged as a failure (which is happening already). The complete inability of the managing team to obtain and retain the support of competent people seems to irreversibly doom this particular installment (even if the ripple idea might eventually come to some fruition, made and marketed by people with actual skills, understanding and connections rather than by random "hey ma look, I can programmate the computor" folks).
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
Yes,i am. I dont have many btc, but what I have is on deposit there. If I'm wrong about TF it would be a drag, but wouldn't be life changing. He seems to be able to generate the funds to cover the interest payments.

Yeah same here. I literally bought my first BTC and later found out about his service through his signature ad and decided to deposit my BTC there. Why not? I don't own a rig and I would love for small business to have options for funds. Plus I could increase what very little I have. Lets just hope he is trustworthy his site is pretty cool. If ever he does go rogue on us someone truly trustworthy should create a website just like it. I'd definitely use it.
vip
👻
Much more, lol. You can check out btcinvest's history. Smiley

EDIT: LOL @ one of the people who have being vocal in this smear campaign, thanks for signing up and depositing! I thought you were saying I'm a scammer?  Huh Huh
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Yes,i am. I dont have many btc, but what I have is on deposit there. If I'm wrong about TF it would be a drag, but wouldn't be life changing. He seems to be able to generate the funds to cover the interest payments.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
Just my thoughts. If TF were indeed a scammer, he could have taken off with the proceeds of the IPO of his fund. He could have also taken off with the deposits in Coin Lenders. I think TF is trustworthy and will continue to use Coin Lenders.

You're a user of CoinLenders?
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Just my thoughts. If TF were indeed a scammer, he could have taken off with the proceeds of the IPO of his fund. He could have also taken off with the deposits in Coin Lenders. I think TF is trustworthy and will continue to use Coin Lenders.
Activity: 609
Merit: 505
At this point in the Ripple system you don't trust any issuer of USD that you don't trust equally with another issuer.  You may not like it, but that's how it works right now.

Interestingly, this does not seem to be true. It's only the UI that has this behavior. Power users can turn it off.

He is taking advantage of ignorance, while simultaneously misleading through half truths and lies.  Read his post on the Newbie board if you're unclear on this.

He said he was going to deposit 1 BTC in to a person's Ripple account.    A newbie who barely understands Bitcoin is not going to understand that in a completely different system (Ripple) that BTC is an IOU.    Then add an additional layer of complication in that most people are not used to being in control of who they trust when it comes to money IOU's (government usually is) and you have a recipe for theft that is unnecessary and proves nothing but that Tradefortress is willing to hurt people in order to take down Ripple.

The worst part about it is he has credibility on this board and so newbies are liable to trust him (Luckily a moderator put warnings on his OP, since all warnings by other people were self-moderated by Tradefortress).  Abusing this trust and not having moderators put a REAL stop to it  - This is just plain wrong.

I don't know enough to comment about this specific situation. I do know that Ripple is very hard to understand and a lot of people are putting a lot of money into it. Therefore, I support TradeFortress's efforts towards promoting a skeptical attitude about it. Remember Pirateat40?
We have had the exact same discussion, rebuttals etc already, and it seems like you have nothing to say so you keep repeating the same thing again.

It is okay, I have better things to do than respond to accusations which are false again and again. Check IP logs, ask your friends at OpenCoin inc for logs or user agents or whatever, I don't care because I haven't took anyone's coins.

I suggest everyone who is interested to read previous responses because it is a waste of time, and saying the same thing again and again does not make it true. Just makes you look like you have nothing else to do.

You loaned 10.15 btc from me, and gave it away. You owe me 10.15 btc.
Here's how the scam went down along with his admission of what he was doing...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1-free-ripple-btc-giveaway-ended-see-op-over-455-btc-gaveaway-206948
B) I won't defraud/scam you out of any money. Yes, you can convert the BTC I send you to real BTCs. For continued discussion, send me a PM, responses will be deleted from this point.

I PM'd him to ask him how he would deal with redeeming IOUs so that anyone could convert his IOUs into BTC.  He wrote...

So in summary he mislead people, while counting on their ignorance of how Ripple works, into letting him put them in harm's way so he and his confederates could steal their legitimate IOU's from reputable gateways.

For putting that together, it may be worth noting there was no flaw in the system, he loaned btc from users via an overdraft (trust line) and gave out to other users via an IOU. He is accountable for all his actions.
vip
👻
We have had the exact same discussion, rebuttals etc already, and it seems like you have nothing to say so you keep repeating the same thing again.

It is okay, I have better things to do than respond to accusations which are false again and again. Check IP logs, ask your friends at OpenCoin inc for logs or user agents or whatever, I don't care because I haven't took anyone's coins.

I suggest everyone who is interested to read previous responses because it is a waste of time, and saying the same thing again and again does not make it true. Just makes you look like you have nothing else to do.
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
MNW's promise was that he will give 100% ROI if pirate defaults. When pirate officially defaulted, he has broken his promise.

But he didn't promise to pay 100% ROI immediately, did he? So he could just say "I will pay... later" and not receive a scammer tag?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Here's how the scam went down along with his admission of what he was doing...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1-free-ripple-btc-giveaway-ended-see-op-over-455-btc-gaveaway-206948
B) I won't defraud/scam you out of any money. Yes, you can convert the BTC I send you to real BTCs. For continued discussion, send me a PM, responses will be deleted from this point.

I PM'd him to ask him how he would deal with redeeming IOUs so that anyone could convert his IOUs into BTC.  He wrote...

So in summary he misled people, while counting on their ignorance of how Ripple works, into letting him put them in harm's way so he and his confederates could steal their legitimate IOU's from reputable gateways.
Activity: 126
MNW's promise was that he will give 100% ROI if pirate defaults. When pirate officially defaulted, he has broken his promise.

Compare to a bunch of tokens / IOUs which has zero terms. No contract unlike MNW, end of story. If I said that I would redeem those for actual BTC, and did not specify a time, then it would have to be a reasonable amount of time.

TF may not meet the definition of "scammer" for the forum.

I have other words to describe his actions and the person that would take those actions.

None of them are suitable for print.

Pages:
Jump to: