Pages:
Author

Topic: "Thomas Nasakioto" of ixcoin is OldMiner... - page 7. (Read 13158 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
honestly, i dont see why it would be relevant if old miner created it or not.

If the ixcoin code is maintained by the fellow who has a history of posting gems like this...

Code:
bitcoin.exe -addnode=69.164.218.197 -addnode=64.22.103.150 -addnode=173.242.112.53 -addnode=178.79.147.99 -addnode=184.106.111.41 -addnode=91.85.220.84 -addnode=173.224.125.222 -addnode=86.5.50.90 -addnode=178.255.199.86
What does this actually do?

...then it should be intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that this project is indeed--pardon my Portugese--a joke.

Wait, your attributing that post by mewantsbitcoins to me  Huh

LOL..you my have excelled in your field. You are a true credit to the clown fraternity  

pwned Grin

No, he's attributing your part of the quote to you. Someone who doesn't know what -addnode does probably shouldn't be responsible for maintaining a fork of the client. Granted, we were all but newbs once, however it's a longer road from newb to coder than can usually be traversed in about a month.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

If the ixcoin code is maintained by the fellow who has a history of posting gems like this...

Code:
bitcoin.exe -addnode=69.164.218.197 -addnode=64.22.103.150 -addnode=173.242.112.53 -addnode=178.79.147.99 -addnode=184.106.111.41 -addnode=91.85.220.84 -addnode=173.224.125.222 -addnode=86.5.50.90 -addnode=178.255.199.86

...then it should be intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that this project is indeed--pardon my Portugese--a joke.

Wait, are you attributing that post by mewantsbitcoins to me  Huh

LOL..you my friend have excelled in your field. You are a true credit to the clown fraternity  

pwned Grin
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

Code:

legendary
btc has had a few dramatic crashes like that (and in recent history too), and its a couple years old.  Wink  ixcoin has been around for what? a week? id expect major crashes and speculative bubbles.

That is a 96.8% crash in the first 5 days.

bitcoin crashed after two years of a bull rally by 80% and has rebounded some.

~quietly purchases iXcoin at rock bottom price~

- fixed  Grin
Activity: 700
daytrader/superhero
yeah, and it swiftly rebounded back from .0003 to .0016 (and it got back up to .002 last night).

sounds like the same bubble/pop/panic sale/correction cycle to me, albiet on a quicker scale (which makes sense b/c you can buy in with pennies.) 

look, i HIGHLY doubt that ixcoin (or iocoin or namecoin for that matter) will succeed....but i think its a bit premature to label any of them a scam.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
btc has had a few dramatic crashes like that (and in recent history too), and its a couple years old.  Wink  ixcoin has been around for what? a week? id expect major crashes and speculative bubbles.

That is a 96.8% crash in the first 5 days.

bitcoin crashed after two years of a bull rally by 80% and has rebounded some.

LOL
legendary

wow, an intelligent poster.

+1
daytrader/superhero
btc has had a few dramatic crashes like that (and in recent history too), and its a couple years old.  Wink     

ixcoin has been around for what? a week? id expect plenty of major crashes and crazy speculative bubbles in something so new.

legendary

im actually surprised at the hostility over this...isnt it better if ixcoin came from someone in the btc community, rather than someone on the outside just trying to cash in?

can someone please explain why this is such a big deal?

A rhetorical question, why would Oldminer need to create an alias?  Why didn't he release ixcoin as Oldminer instead of Thomas?

i know you said rhetorical, but im gonna answer out loud anyways......

there are several possible answers to this:

a) he didnt, ixcoin wasnt his creation, and everyone is on a silly witchhunt
b) he did, and xcoin is legit, but since the forum screams scam everytime a new service comes out, he changed his main account to avoid trolling
c) he did, it was to hide shady motives, and ixcoin is a scam

if the answer is a or b; then everyone is fucking with him for no reason.
only if the answer is c; is any of this relavent (and then only so in that its good to out a scammer)

but since ixcoin hasnt yet been proven to be a scam, i ask again:
why does it matter if old miner is thomas?

crashing from 0.009 to 0.0003 btc in 24 hours screams the word "scam".
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I really don't care one way or the other, but the site admin will be able to check the posting IP addresses, granted they could be using different computers but that's a lot of trouble to go to.

What did I really just chime in? Dam, as I said I don't care
daytrader/superhero

im actually surprised at the hostility over this...isnt it better if ixcoin came from someone in the btc community, rather than someone on the outside just trying to cash in?

A rhetorical question, why would Oldminer need to create an alias?  Why didn't he release ixcoin as Oldminer instead of Thomas?

i know you said rhetorical, but im gonna answer out loud anyways......

there are several possible answers to this:

a) he didnt, ixcoin wasnt his creation, and everyone is on a silly witchhunt
b) he did, and xcoin is legit, but since the forum screams scam everytime a new service comes out, he changed his main account to avoid trolling
c) he did, it was to hide shady motives, and ixcoin is a scam

if the answer is a or b; then everyone is fucking with him for no reason.
only if the answer is c; is any of this relavent (and then only so in that its good to out a scammer)

but since ixcoin hasnt yet been proven to be a scam, i ask again:
why does it matter if old miner is thomas?

legendary

I'm not sold either Oldminer. These guys have a point, you are very likely Thomas.

Cheesy

haha..and so it continues...

No, again I am not Thomas.

Which is what Thomas would say in this situation if he were Oldminer. LOL not sold haha.
legendary

I'm not sold either Oldminer. These guys have a point, you are very likely Thomas.

Cheesy

haha..and so it continues...

No, again I am not Thomas.

Tell you what, if you really need to know, head over to https://ixcoin.org/forum/index.php where you can see Thomas and I engage in conversation. Now that means we are 2 different people (unless of course Im talking to myself Wink )
legendary

You seem mad bro

Not at all. Just amused... Wink

Cheesy
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

daytrader/superhero

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

A moderator with 14 posts... Nasakioto sure trust you...

You got nailed. Face it.  Roll Eyes

hahahahahahaha....wow you guys are quick. Only took you 3 days to realise that.  Roll Eyes

No, it took me 5 seconds, the time for the page to open. It was the first time i went to that forum. lol
legendary

You seem mad bro

Not at all. Just amused... Wink

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
MATT DAMON IS JASON BOURNE!! OMFG!!
Activity: 602
OK I am sold. Wasnt quite at first, but I'm fairly confident it is him, and yeah he sounds a bit miffed in his signature, and has been attacking i0coin as much as possible.

It's his own fault. Yeah I'd be annoyed when people like me call ixcoin a scam. I'd be annoyed that i0coin followed my successful launch of ixcoin. But I wouldnt be as annoyed as everyone else at me taking hundreds of thousands of ixcoins for myself.

I bitched at ixcoin.. and called them scamcoins, and that might have been over the top but come on old miner, you gave us reason to be wary.  And that is WHY we have i0coin, Good luck with ixcoin, next time dont take so many coins for yourself and be a little more open about the launch.

I imagine he's more annoyed by the failure of iXcoin to net him millions of USD. 580,000 iXcoins @ the current .0003BTC/coin = 174BTC. Still a fair amount, but certainly not what I imagine he expected with stars in his eyes when he ocoked up and implemented this plan in the first place. Price plumetted before that huge stake could be reasonably unloaded for huge gain.
Pages:
Jump to: