Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Zcash? - page 10. (Read 123335 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
March 05, 2018, 05:39:10 PM
I do not understand why Zcash team do not create lightweight wallets and wallets for windows (if I understand correctly official wallet is full node for linux only)...
Without it Zcash don't reach same capitalization as Litecoin, Dash, Monero or other top coins...
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
March 05, 2018, 04:20:23 PM
Zcash is a great project, and its zero-knowledge proof is a surprise to me. Zcash has done enough on the anonymous side. I bought some Zcash, and I believe it has a good future!
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh
March 02, 2018, 11:07:04 AM
Personally Monero is still the best privacy coin (providing true anonymity) with a big community.
And close up second is Verge.
Activity: 63
March 02, 2018, 10:59:19 AM
Bright. Zcash is like an underdog - going decent growth without showing off. But I'll be honest - it would cost a lot more if they had better marketing team.

I think the price of ZEC is consolidation. After a few months, the price could be 0.1 bitcoin or even higher than Bitcoin Cash.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 15, 2018, 09:17:43 AM
It looks like Zcash might adopt the lightning type network according to the following article:

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-isnt-crypto-adding-lightning-tech-now/

Several cryptographers working on the privacy-minded cryptocurrency zcash, as an example, have proposed BOLT, a new type of lightning-style micropayments tech that also preserves the network's anonymity. And project developers have hinted the technology is being worked on, even though it's not clear when it will launch.
Activity: 69
February 12, 2018, 06:07:54 AM
Bright. Zcash is like an underdog - going decent growth without showing off. But I'll be honest - it would cost a lot more if they had better marketing team.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
February 12, 2018, 06:04:38 AM
This whole thing to me just looks like a cash grab for all the investors. I know people will buy into this coin anyway in the hope to make a quick buck but to me this is one of the most unfair dispersal of coins ive seen yet. I was really hopefull for this coin in the beginning but now out of pure principal i wont ever invest into it.

If that is a mineable coin, I do not think it is. If that is ICO, then it is cash grab.
Activity: 308
February 10, 2018, 06:08:30 AM
This whole thing to me just looks like a cash grab for all the investors. I know people will buy into this coin anyway in the hope to make a quick buck but to me this is one of the most unfair dispersal of coins ive seen yet. I was really hopefull for this coin in the beginning but now out of pure principal i wont ever invest into it.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 06:06:28 AM
Zcash is very promising coin and for sure the price of zcash before end of this yewr around $500-$1000 each zcash and I hope it will happen . So buy zcash now so you can make a lot of profit after few months of holding. And to those people have zcash now its better to dont sell it and keep buying. Zcash is look likethereum coin the price is closely the same. So buy more zcash and cross your fingers
Activity: 308
Merit: 110
February 09, 2018, 08:20:00 AM
I attempted to describe the anonymity of the zCash using the image below.

At the moment, when a few use a z-addresses, it looks something like this. So, there is not much privacy, you can't hide in plain sight.
Activity: 63
February 09, 2018, 07:47:00 AM
Hi guys, does ZCash any advantage over it's fork called ZenCash ? ZenCash looks very good to me, the only disadvantage could be a small adoption?

Smaller adoption is a big disadvantage here.  It means a smaller anonymity set.  (I here presume that percentages of shielded transactions would be not too dissimilar.)

Anonymity set is important.  It’s the main reason why I use Tor Browser, whereas it’s mediocre as a browser.  It could be said that it’s the main reason why I use Tor, period.

I here do not address any issue other than your comment about “the only disadvantage”.  Arguendo, even if so, that kills everything.

I think many people want anonymity. but there are three major anonymous coins to choose now.
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 2610
If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!
February 05, 2018, 12:48:10 PM
Hi guys, does ZCash any advantage over it's fork called ZenCash ? ZenCash looks very good to me, the only disadvantage could be a small adoption?

Smaller adoption is a big disadvantage here.  It means a smaller anonymity set.  (I here presume that percentages of shielded transactions would be not too dissimilar.)

Anonymity set is important.  It’s the main reason why I use Tor Browser, whereas it’s mediocre as a browser.  It could be said that it’s the main reason why I use Tor, period.

I here do not address any issue other than your comment about “the only disadvantage”.  Arguendo, even if so, that kills everything.
Activity: 126
February 04, 2018, 01:36:39 PM
Activity: 154
Merit: 24
February 03, 2018, 08:00:11 PM
Activity: 176
February 02, 2018, 02:33:17 PM
In my opinion, it is a currency with an interesting project, but lack of updates, needs improvements, another factor I would like to mention, is that Zcash's expectations were higher, what happened in the middle of way?
Activity: 154
Merit: 24
February 02, 2018, 12:17:41 PM
It will dive so hard

This headline from cointelegraph totally  contradicts your statement

Crypto Fund Predicts Zcash To Hit Over $62K By 2025

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-fund-predicts-zcash-to-hit-over-62k-by-2025

For some reason i dont see many zcash threads which is a pity as it has great potential.
Its anonimity feature is very attractive along with its price fall like all coins.

Here is a very appealing quote from the link:

Zcash is an anonymity-focused digital currency that uses zero-knowledge proofs to verify the validity of a transaction without revealing its contents, giving it appeal as a “Swiss bank account in [your] pocket.”

Yes, it is an interesting coin. In my opinion, privacy coins have a great future, as one of the biggest advantages of crypto coins is that it can return some of the privacy to users. The problem is that there are a lot of privacy coins, and some of them might be even better than ZCash, like ZenCash. So only the future will tell which of the privacy coins get the biggest market share.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
February 02, 2018, 05:15:32 AM
good link.
I think Zcash is a bit of a sleeper and doesnt get much attention
on BCT compared to other coinage, purely because of its high value.
A lot of people and new comers are looking for the 10X, 100X coins.

Its a well backed coin, everyone should have some in the portfolio!!
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
February 01, 2018, 08:04:02 PM
It will dive so hard

This headline from cointelegraph totally  contradicts your statement

Crypto Fund Predicts Zcash To Hit Over $62K By 2025

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-fund-predicts-zcash-to-hit-over-62k-by-2025

For some reason i dont see many zcash threads which is a pity as it has great potential.
Its anonimity feature is very attractive along with its price fall like all coins.

Here is a very appealing quote from the link:

Zcash is an anonymity-focused digital currency that uses zero-knowledge proofs to verify the validity of a transaction without revealing its contents, giving it appeal as a “Swiss bank account in [your] pocket.”
Activity: 32
January 30, 2018, 09:47:57 AM
Well JP. Morgan is backed it up. Those people done some nasty profitable things through the history.
And the coin is not bad itself. But don't spend all the money on it.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
January 30, 2018, 09:16:47 AM
My thoughts on Zcash is very simple, it is a good coin for long term and also one of the coins that is a must to have in their portfolio because if you bought some zcash and its related coin like the forked coin then you already made a lot of profit and i think that in the long term it can make me more money because i am buying a few of it and mining the most of it and just holding them for long term position.
Pages:
Jump to: