Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Zcash? - page 9. (Read 123335 times)

Activity: 225
Merit: 100
April 29, 2018, 12:57:22 AM
Yea I'm pretty tired of coins that basically already exist, another Anon coin ffs? Really who needs that. The founders fee is too big the team is too big, to many variables. Honestly I hope they have ppl best interest at heart, a lot of noobs will go ape on this one. If there anon code gets broken even for a few blocks a lot of ppl will lose a lot of money.

Zcash? Zcoin? Zpoop? They all are the same and they all have the same purposes, it is a waste of time that we have so many coins that are exactly the same.
Oh.. i think that i forgot about Zclassic.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
April 29, 2018, 12:55:52 AM
Yea I'm pretty tired of coins that basically already exist, another Anon coin ffs? Really who needs that. The founders fee is too big the team is too big, to many variables. Honestly I hope they have ppl best interest at heart, a lot of noobs will go ape on this one. If there anon code gets broken even for a few blocks a lot of ppl will lose a lot of money.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
April 27, 2018, 08:07:10 AM
If GPU miners have not dropped by ZCash Forum at their official forum, you should do so to voice your opinion to Zooko in regards to MAINTAINING ASIC RESISTANCE.

Zooko, is more or less contemplating an ASIC designed specifically for ZEC.  How ludicrous is that?  BITMAIN could easily get their hands on one and reverse engineer it to make their own ASIC for ZEC.  What Zooko (Developer) is talking about is insane and threatens all of our investments in NVIDIA cards to mine a coin that WAS PROMISED TO BE ASIC RESISTANT IN ITS WHITE PAPER.

https://forum.z.cash/t/let-s-talk-about-asic-mining/27353/594
Activity: 63
April 27, 2018, 07:46:17 AM
Zcash brought huge profits to many miners in 2017, especially those early miners, now it becomes very difficult to mined.the potential of zcash in the future is still huge.

I still keep mining ZEC, although the profit is much smaller.
Activity: 352
April 26, 2018, 05:30:44 PM
I still have to do my research on it.  But my first impression was skepticism when I read it will require several people with a "trusted setup"

Also 20% of each block going to the dev team by default seems a bit centralized.  I wonder why they didn't do the ethereum setup of ico for dev team then regular mining

This 20% reward is totally insane, I believe that long term this coins will be eclipsed by forked projects like ZEN, HUSH or even ZERO.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
April 26, 2018, 01:50:42 PM
Zcash brought huge profits to many miners in 2017, especially those early miners, now it becomes very difficult to mined.the potential of zcash in the future is still huge.
Activity: 168
Merit: 14
April 26, 2018, 01:48:16 PM
I think it will keep dropping even after that, as more and more coins are minted; there will be increased supply so price will keep dropping. I dont find it impossible for it to drop even to 0.01 BTC
Activity: 81
April 26, 2018, 01:43:26 PM
I still have to do my research on it.  But my first impression was skepticism when I read it will require several people with a "trusted setup"

Also 20% of each block going to the dev team by default seems a bit centralized.  I wonder why they didn't do the ethereum setup of ico for dev team then regular mining
Activity: 27
April 26, 2018, 12:10:26 AM
So about genesis-mining added zcash miner and H/s does it mean if I for example buy $500 worth of hash power then how many coins will I be able to mine in a day?
Activity: 79
April 24, 2018, 11:58:05 AM
zcash is real but the currency is not divisible beyond 8 decimal places. I have an alternative idea to create an infinitely divisible cryptocurrency that will guarantee anonymity,scale and speed. Contact me if you are interested to know more about it.
Activity: 285
Merit: 11
quarkchain.io
April 23, 2018, 04:35:42 AM
I think zcash is over hyped. Looking at the rate it's increasing I don't think it's sustainable. It's even higher than monero at the moment.
Activity: 128
April 23, 2018, 04:26:49 AM
Also known as ZEC, it is an open source based on Blockchain. As with other Altcoin and Bitcoin offerings, Zcash has a number of new features that allow complete anonymization of user information and transactional information. Moreover, with Zcash, all that information is encrypted. In order to protect his network, Zcash uses a special proof called zk-snark, or evidence of construction. This way you can maintain a secure ledger without having to disclose information related to your transaction.
Activity: 33
April 23, 2018, 04:12:33 AM
As for me, this coin deserves attention, because
First, the crypto currency largely copies the bitcoin model, using its strengths.
Secondly, the developers of Zcash have implemented an innovative solution for zk-SNARK privacy.
And thirdly, the property of "interchangeability" makes it impossible to track the history of using a specific token, providing a "liquid exchange environment."
In addition, the project team is strong and has growth prospects

The ZEC developer did not think the community's call for ASIC resistant PoW is a good idea. That might drive away many users.
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
April 12, 2018, 12:49:42 AM
First, the crypto currency largely copies the bitcoin model, using its strengths.
Secondly, the developers of Zcash have implemented an innovative solution for zk-SNARK privacy.
And thirdly, the property of "interchangeability" makes it impossible to track the history of using a specific token, providing a "liquid exchange environment."

Yes the developer of team is very solid, they always makes updating about the zcash to be more better for example. They just released updated UX guidelines for wallet developers. Use them to make the world a little bit better. https://z.cash/support/ux-checklist.html
I am sure in couples weeks, they will makes another updating, let's wait what happen on the next time.
Activity: 198
April 08, 2018, 11:30:29 AM
Activity: 42
April 08, 2018, 04:11:43 AM
Great project, great team. Certainly worth backing.
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
April 08, 2018, 03:22:50 AM
Hi guys, does ZCash any advantage over it's fork called ZenCash ? ZenCash looks very good to me, the only disadvantage could be a small adoption?

The ZCash has more development support, as they are paid 20% of all the block reward.
Yes and the developer of team are really worked here Weekly update - April 6: Overwinter is a *go*... 1.1.0 to be released next week that will include the main net activation block height (TBD); Sapling MPC transitioning to phase 2; Zcon0 and Consensus scholarship applications still open https://forum.z.cash/t/april-6-2018-weekly-update/28156
Activity: 33
March 09, 2018, 05:44:51 AM
Hi guys, does ZCash any advantage over it's fork called ZenCash ? ZenCash looks very good to me, the only disadvantage could be a small adoption?

The ZCash has more development support, as they are paid 20% of all the block reward.
Activity: 115
March 07, 2018, 08:36:50 PM
Hi, there are some new forks of ZCash like ZenCash. Does ZCash still have any significant advantage over it?
Yes. I think ZCASH is one of good crypto currency to buy  Wink
Activity: 154
Merit: 24
March 07, 2018, 08:04:55 PM
Hi, there are some new forks of ZCash like ZenCash. Does ZCash still have any significant advantage over it?
Pages:
Jump to: