Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Zcash? - page 7. (Read 123335 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
May 18, 2018, 04:37:41 PM
Is there an ANN page for Zcash at bitcointalk?

Nope, the creators never created a thread on Bitcointalk. As far as I can remember, this has been the thread where ZCash has been discussed on this forum.
Activity: 434
Merit: 1
May 17, 2018, 08:04:24 AM
If you raise the money then fix it, or not where it went up - there it will go down ....!
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Presale is live!
May 15, 2018, 02:57:41 PM
A great coin. Today I got a huge profit thanks to this coin. I did not expect the coin to grow very much in one day. I wish Zcash developers great success.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
May 15, 2018, 02:54:01 PM
the coin is going no where, lots of ppl will burn cause the price will be always on a downtrend ! mark my words..!

What did you expect the project was bogus since the beginning. It literally screams "wassa wassa wassa wassa, that's uh scaaam"

>Who are your investors? How is Zcash funded?
In the summer of 2016 there was a private raise that included the following new and already established funders: Aaron Grieshaber, Branson Bollinger, Maple Ventures (Amir Chetrit and Steven Nerayoff), Brian Cartmell, Vlad Zamfir, Roger Ver, Digital Currency Group, Barry Silbert, Charles Songhurst, Fenbushi, Shapeshift, Erik Voorhees, David Lee Kuo Chuen, Fred Ehrsam, Sebastian Serrano, and Li Xiaolai.

>What is the Founders’ Reward?
10% of the eventual monetary base goes to the founders. The Founders’ Reward is distributed incrementally over the first four years of mining

Do you know what Zcash and Bcash have in common other than the name similarity?

Both are centralized piece of shitcoins created by Roger Vermin to scam its users.

Get rekt.
Activity: 462
Merit: 62
May 15, 2018, 02:45:32 PM
Its a road to no-where because of the inflationary structure. Anything similar to fiat is doomed in the long run.
Lets face it we are in crypto to escape the 2.x% loss of wealth year after year.
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
May 15, 2018, 02:34:51 PM
Researchers have identified patterns in certain kinds of zcash transactions that weaken their anonymity, according to a paper published Tuesday.

(...)

Would the same vulnerabilities affect also other coins based on Zcash, like ZEN, Hush, Zclassic etc? Any infos on that?
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
May 15, 2018, 03:13:11 AM
I guess it's a race to the bottom and we'll see 0.1 by the end of this week. Kiss
Activity: 98
May 14, 2018, 09:19:14 PM
the coin is going no where, lots of ppl will burn cause the price will be always on a downtrend ! mark my words..!
Activity: 17
May 13, 2018, 01:00:59 PM
Will I ever be able to recover? Any idea of a pump any time soon?
Activity: 116
May 13, 2018, 07:35:03 AM
China's mining hardware maker Bitmain has developed ASIC mining machines that are compatible with the Equihash mining algorithm. In response, the Zcash Foundation announced that maintaining ASIC resistance will be their current "technology focus." ASIC chips are more efficient than general-purpose GPUs, and some even think Bitland has long been using ASICs to mine. Once this kind of mining machine is put into the market, the Zcash mining field will be completely changed. The project must make a decision whether to peacefully coexist with ASIC or promise to take radical measures to prevent such devices from operating in the Zcash network.
legendary
Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841
All good things to those who wait
May 13, 2018, 07:31:54 AM
He deleted Peter Todd's Asic resistance code.

Where did You get this information? I would like to know the sources. Or is it just the conclusions of Your own investigation?

From todd's twitter.
https://twitter.com/peterktodd/status/992309206572138496
https://twitter.com/peterktodd/status/993108684585644038
Activity: 532
May 13, 2018, 07:25:29 AM
that is good news for zcash and i think its will making zcash more popular and its can going to the moon, but dont be happy first, stay looking about threat and more opportunities for more choice
Activity: 113
May 13, 2018, 07:19:27 AM
Zcash vs. Bitcoin: Extremely similar but different In spite of many structural similarities with Satoshi Nakamoto’s Bitcoin design, Zcash leverages advanced new encryption techniques to provide optional and improved Over privacy and transparency, and using its own unique blockchain. Zcash's token supply model is very similar to Bitcoin - it also has a fixed and known distribution model. Production is halved once every four years. And Zcash (ZEC), like Bitcoin (BTC), has a maximum supply of 21 million.
Activity: 196
May 12, 2018, 07:42:56 PM
i for one cannot say what exactly is happening with the price of ZCASH but i believe the team and developers have to put in more effort into the project to ensure that the value of zcash appreciates because it has been devalued for so long
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
May 12, 2018, 07:41:15 PM
Zcash is a potential altcoins. I really like the untraceability of it. It allows you to really realize anonymous transactions and can't be traced. These technologies are quite valuable, especially for those who don't want to expose their own information. For people, Zcash has always been the first choice for secret trading.
Activity: 103
May 12, 2018, 03:39:06 PM
The center convention contains the usefulness to exchange ether; you can't change that from the EVM, which you would need to do to include namelessness.
Activity: 238
May 12, 2018, 03:28:49 PM
Indeed, we can expect pump and dumps with this coin continue. Zcash been popular when it started and reach the point of 1500$ if am not wrong. Right now the price can be changed also really fast by traders and i think it can get faster to that point again then other altcoins. But as i said it will change only if traders would be intersted on that to make it worth more.
Activity: 406
May 12, 2018, 02:46:19 PM
In terms of investment, the coin is quite promising. The anonymity of the system is a hot cake for scammers, terrorists and others with them. Legalization of such a product is a direct way to incite a threat to society. Within zcash, the government will not be able to control the flow of money, thereby exposing its citizens to danger.

In fact, such reasoning is not an empty sound. In many countries, government organizations have already had experience in disclosing fraudulent schemes that have enjoyed anonymity and lack of control for the illegal transfer of large amounts.
Activity: 25
May 12, 2018, 10:47:34 AM
Indeed we already have a lot of options we can take these days so why would we need it, I think its just not needed these days... Maybe in the future when its more known or something.
Activity: 714
Merit: 529
May 11, 2018, 01:02:56 PM
He deleted Peter Todd's Asic resistance code.

Where did You get this information? I would like to know the sources. Or is it just the conclusions of Your own investigation?
Pages:
Jump to: