Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Zcash? - page 47. (Read 123362 times)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
October 23, 2016, 09:59:17 AM
yet another anonymous cryptocurrency that uses zk-snarks waiting for the launch on the 28th of October 2016,what is the expected rate ,the hype is because they have a heavy reputed team
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
October 23, 2016, 07:41:07 AM

Anyone recommend a stable GPU version to run z.cash likely to be approprate by the launch date...we are kinda messing with a GPU server now...I suppose we can go CPU if we
have to..but seems to be a lot of talk of GPU solutions...but no real clear idea of legit ones?

thanks

(boredom..and puter toys...the bane of my existence ..talk about the height of speculative hubris!) Ah well stuff to do Smiley

You might use the nicehash miner. I heard they got one working at the moment. I saw it in the forum.

There is no official GPU miner yet. Nicehash have released a CPU miner not GPU; they say they will release a GPU one soon though
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
October 23, 2016, 06:20:37 AM

Anyone recommend a stable GPU version to run z.cash likely to be approprate by the launch date...we are kinda messing with a GPU server now...I suppose we can go CPU if we
have to..but seems to be a lot of talk of GPU solutions...but no real clear idea of legit ones?

thanks

(boredom..and puter toys...the bane of my existence ..talk about the height of speculative hubris!) Ah well stuff to do Smiley

You might use the nicehash miner. I heard they got one working at the moment. I saw it in the forum.
Activity: 21
October 22, 2016, 10:07:51 PM
Has the exact time zcash will be launched been published yet ? Pacific time , Eastern time? Also what exchanges will offer zcash ?
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
October 21, 2016, 07:29:29 AM
Does anyone know the co-relation between Mining Difficulty and Global Hash Power?
Activity: 565
Merit: 316
October 21, 2016, 06:18:39 AM

Have you actually managed to implement Z cash mining on these FPGAs?

I would hope so! After all he says he modified 320 LX150's!  Grin

They be (XC6SLX150-2FGG484C) $165 on Digi-key and then you need the DDR3, PSU's, Glue.
484 pins PGA - doubt you'd want to bake more than 4 of these to each board.

That's a lot of money for Skynet, let alone the Leader of the Resistance!  Tongue
October 21, 2016, 12:41:53 AM
There are a lot of mining companies competing for a better GPU miner; there's genesis mining, z-mining, zeropond. There's also the $30k USD bounty as you said. I think an efficient GPU miner will come out sooner or later. Do you think its possible for a private miner to have a much higher efficiency? I find it a bit far fetched for a private miner to have an efficiency let's say of 5-10x or more

I'd conjecture that for a memory hard pow like equihash private FPGA solutions would be more interesting than GPU ones.
This is the route I have taken by modifying 320 Spartan LX150 FPGA's by adding 1x GB of RAM per chip. With inflation being so high for such a long time I will only be selling. That combined with the trusted setup this is not a coin to HODL as it is too risky.

Have you actually managed to implement Z cash mining on these FPGAs?

You mean you already have them and modified them to mine Z cash right? Otherwise wouldnt it be very expensive and not cost-effective to buy these FPGAs for mining?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
October 20, 2016, 11:47:46 PM

thanks

Activity: 596
Merit: 251
October 20, 2016, 11:25:36 PM
There are a lot of mining companies competing for a better GPU miner; there's genesis mining, z-mining, zeropond. There's also the $30k USD bounty as you said. I think an efficient GPU miner will come out sooner or later. Do you think its possible for a private miner to have a much higher efficiency? I find it a bit far fetched for a private miner to have an efficiency let's say of 5-10x or more

I'd conjecture that for a memory hard pow like equihash private FPGA solutions would be more interesting than GPU ones.
This is the route I have taken by modifying 320 Spartan LX150 FPGA's by adding 1x GB of RAM per chip. With inflation being so high for such a long time I will only be selling. That combined with the trusted setup this is not a coin to HODL as it is too risky.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
October 20, 2016, 07:28:26 PM
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
October 19, 2016, 04:27:19 PM

October 19, 2016, 01:21:03 PM
Zcash has not yet launched. October 28 is the target launch date.

So you are saying gpu is private now for testing on testnet for this reason?

I'm not saying anything other than what I said. I don't know why there isn't a public GPU miner even though there is a $30k USD bounty for it. Maybe the bounty is too low. Maybe they decided to keep it for themselves hoping they make a lot more than $30k USD.

I say, the whole thing is interesting. The big boys with the big money will always be ahead of everyone else. What is possible for the small guys like us, would be to buy in at the early days. Maybe I'll buy 1 BTC on launch date, I don't know. Maybe it's worth 100 by the end of the year, I don't know that too.

I'm hopeful that either the GPU miner gets released for the public (there will always be a private version for sure) that's better than what is out right now, OR CPU mining will still be viable (as unlikely as that may be.)

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
October 19, 2016, 01:03:44 PM

I'm not saying anything other than what I said. I don't know why there isn't a public GPU miner even though there is a $30k USD bounty for it. Maybe the bounty is too low. Maybe they decided to keep it for themselves hoping they make a lot more than $30k USD.

I say, the whole thing is interesting. The big boys with the big money will always be ahead of everyone else. What is possible for the small guys like us, would be to buy in at the early days. Maybe I'll buy 1 BTC on launch date, I don't know. Maybe it's worth 100 by the end of the year, I don't know that too.

I'm hopeful that either the GPU miner gets released for the public (there will always be a private version for sure) that's better than what is out right now, OR CPU mining will still be viable (as unlikely as that may be.)
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Activity: 31
October 19, 2016, 12:03:16 PM

AFAIK, Zcash mining is a pretty grey area yet. By digging internet whatever I found is that, there is an upcoming server firm preparing for large scale Zcash Mining at www.zcash-miner.com and an open source miner challenge of $30,000 at www.zcashminers.org. Apart from these, one can only mine Zcash in personal Linux environment.
copper member
Clueless!
October 19, 2016, 11:19:15 AM

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
October 19, 2016, 09:55:03 AM
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
October 19, 2016, 09:09:45 AM
Launch of zcash looks totally fcked up.

- cpu mining: public
- gpu mining: private

So hashing power is centralized quite from start. The fair start that they wanted to deliver did not hold up. The thing in harmony with their goals would have been to delay the start. Together with the initial trusted setup, I guess zcash is worth no more than a pump and dump.
Activity: 682
Merit: 540
October 19, 2016, 07:56:27 AM
Zcash will be next ETH, so if you buy it now, you can sale it later with good profit. Many people think that Zcash will be popular. May be it is privacy technology, which make it so popular already, before the launch.  Grin

There's no way zcash could ever go global because of it's connections with the Israeli government.

It might make some noise in America and parts of Western Europe, but everywhere else in the world will reject it.

Does any where else even matter  Roll Eyes
copper member
Clueless!
October 19, 2016, 03:20:26 AM
Zcash will be next ETH, so if you buy it now, you can sale it later with good profit. Many people think that Zcash will be popular. May be it is privacy technology, which make it so popular already, before the launch.  Grin

Gonna toss up a rig and split it with a buddy for the heck of it...6 gpu rig assuming you can use such yet...worse comes to worse it is an ethereum rig late to the party if z.cash tanks and we maybe get 1/2 our $$$ back kinda/sorta as a back up plan (and or have some nice gpu cards for sale or game servers)

boredom..is dangerous..but wth .... Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: