Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Zcash? - page 42. (Read 123362 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 28, 2016, 04:46:13 PM
The only real winners will be the founders/cooperations behind zcash.

Doing "nothing", getting 20% of each block, sell at insanely inflated prices to naive buyers who fell for the marketing/hype.

Are people really that blind?

Some yes. But as I already said, i guess most logged buys are just fake buys (zcash offers, zcash buys) --> hype hype hype
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
October 28, 2016, 04:39:19 PM
The only real winners will be the founders/cooperations behind zcash.

Doing "nothing", getting 20% of each block, sell at insanely inflated prices to naive buyers who fell for the marketing/hype.

Are people really that blind?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
October 28, 2016, 04:36:29 PM
well, if nothing else it doesn't do its credibility many favors. if you want the essence of the sheer twistedness of the alt market bottled in high strength then there it is.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
October 28, 2016, 04:33:49 PM
what in the world, high of 3299.99 BTC in poloniex!

I've never seen something that crazy. I believed in ridiculous high prices but I thought about 2-5 BTC and that already would be mad. It's still at 30 BTC per ZEC.

And this says it all:

Volume so far:

2043.60423703 BTC / 20.70619847 ZEC
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Everything you want, is everything you need.
October 28, 2016, 04:31:28 PM
what in the world, high of 3299.99 BTC in poloniex!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
October 28, 2016, 04:31:03 PM
Activity: 123
October 28, 2016, 03:46:27 PM
Biggest scam ever.Price jumping from zero to 3000btc per 1 zec,to 25 btc per 1 zec right now,crash incoming.
legendary
October 28, 2016, 03:36:32 PM
the coin is going no where, lots of ppl will burn cause the price will be always on a downtrend ! mark my words..!

If it's about such ridiculous prices - of course, it's a safe prediction that it will go down and down and down maybe for weeks, while the hashrate will go up and up and up.

Activity: 672
October 28, 2016, 03:31:26 PM
the coin is going no where, lots of ppl will burn cause the price will be always on a downtrend ! mark my words..!
Activity: 826
Merit: 523
October 28, 2016, 03:15:59 PM
A currency like Zcash with anonimity features will confront a lot of problems regarding support crimes and money laundering, while some governments started to regulate Bitcoin exchanges. Italy is the first country that will ban Zcash and other anonymous cryptocurrencies, read this article: http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/10/28/italian-mps-aim-ban-zcash-anonymous-cryptocurrencies/
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
October 28, 2016, 02:21:39 PM
Another alt that is going to save the world launches and fanbois everywhere 'invest' their hope and hard earned money

... SIGH ...

Yes it's just again another shitty coin.
Getting promoted and pushed hard at the moment, to find enough dumb future bagholders.
I really don't understand the need for another anonymous coin. I think almost everybody here knows it will be some pump and dump.And they all think they can outplay the other and make some big quick profits.
Well let's see how many will leave with a big smile. I don't think it won't be that much.
Activity: 592
October 28, 2016, 02:15:34 PM

I did not take it that way and I didn't represent it that way. Exactly because he is NOT a Zcash-fan it can be nearly excluded that he would be part of some kind of conspiracy.

Although I would find it hard to believe he is part of a conspiracy it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Also as I stated he was nothing more than part of the mechanism and he had no knowledge of the mechanism himself so therefore cannot vouch for it's reliability.

ERGO don't throw his name around as if he Endorses Zcash, when he specifically stated not to.

Oh boy, first you should show me where I did throw is name around "as if he endorses Zcash". My point is exactly because he does not!

And yes, like I've said: I agree that it's not safe to say that the trusted setup wasn't compromised.

But: We also don't know who is Satoshi. Some believe Bitcoin is a NSA-project. We don't know if it's centralized because all chinese miners, or at least the biggest farms, could be in the hands of the chinese government etc.

What I want to say with that: Nothing is ever really sure.

Chinese farms exist because that's where all the tech is assembled, it was a logical step to have farms in low electricity cost locations in China. Plus they rip off every patent, just ask Boeing lol. So once the first ASICS were ordered i'm sure it took less than a month for duplicates to start rolling out at the factory down the street. heh.
Activity: 592
October 28, 2016, 02:12:41 PM
Yea I'm pretty tired of coins that basically already exist, another Anon coin ffs? Really who needs that. The founders fee is too big the team is too big, to many variables. Honestly I hope they have ppl best interest at heart, a lot of noobs will go ape on this one. If there anon code gets broken even for a few blocks a lot of ppl will lose a lot of money.

Why devs don't team up with existing coins to make real mega projects is beyond my understanding, unless i just can't get around the greed and ego factor.

0 out of 5 stars will not buy this one.

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
October 28, 2016, 01:06:06 PM
Another alt that is going to save the world launches and fanbois everywhere 'invest' their hope and hard earned money

... SIGH ...
legendary
October 28, 2016, 12:39:34 PM

I did not take it that way and I didn't represent it that way. Exactly because he is NOT a Zcash-fan it can be nearly excluded that he would be part of some kind of conspiracy.

Although I would find it hard to believe he is part of a conspiracy it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Also as I stated he was nothing more than part of the mechanism and he had no knowledge of the mechanism himself so therefore cannot vouch for it's reliability.

ERGO don't throw his name around as if he Endorses Zcash, when he specifically stated not to.

Oh boy, first you should show me where I did throw is name around "as if he endorses Zcash". My point is exactly because he does not!

And yes, like I've said: I agree that it's not safe to say that the trusted setup wasn't compromised.

But: We also don't know who is Satoshi. Some believe Bitcoin is a NSA-project. We don't know if it's centralized because all chinese miners, or at least the biggest farms, could be in the hands of the chinese government etc.

What I want to say with that: Nothing is ever really sure.
October 28, 2016, 12:37:09 PM
Zcash is one of two things-
a brilliant marketing scheme promoting a subpar coin based on a flawed system
or
a government backed plot to issue a "anonymous" payment system that they have 100% control over

Possibly both.
But there is NO FUCKING WAY I would ever accept or send payment for illegal goods with Zcash.
I wouldn't even feel comfortable using it to buy a song on iTunes.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
October 28, 2016, 12:30:30 PM

legendary
October 28, 2016, 12:28:05 PM

No need to be a fan. Some $ will handle everything. And if not, there are still hackers who could infect the process.

I absolutely agree that there are risks. I don't like the idea of a trusted setup at all. But I believe that they've done everything possible to reduce that risk and I don't believe that there is something like an internal risk. With other words: It's not the number 1 - risk in my opinion. I believe the highest risk is about usual bugs with potentially huge impact but without being even visible in a design that even covers the total supply.
Activity: 126
October 28, 2016, 12:23:22 PM
October 28, 2016, 12:22:29 PM

No need to be a fan. Some $ will handle everything. And if not, there are still hackers who could infect the process.
Pages:
Jump to: