Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Zcash? - page 46. (Read 123362 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 26, 2016, 09:44:48 AM
Anyone compared the exchange fees on zcash? Which exchange is the cheapest?
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
October 26, 2016, 03:53:57 AM
Any serious exchange?
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
October 26, 2016, 03:32:41 AM
Anyone preparing to mine Zcash at www.Genesis-Mining.com or www.Zcash-Miner.com ? If yes, do u plan to hold or dump mined coins as soon as it is listed on some exchange ?

I do at genesis-mining. Its the first time I use Cloud-Mining so I dont really know what to expect.
If the price is as high at the beginning as a lot of people believe I will dump it very soon.
Activity: 553
Merit: 509
October 26, 2016, 02:28:55 AM
Zcash release 28 October?
Activity: 169
Merit: 110
October 25, 2016, 08:37:35 PM
Anyone preparing to mine Zcash at www.Genesis-Mining.com or www.Zcash-Miner.com ? If yes, do u plan to hold or dump mined coins as soon as it is listed on some exchange ?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 25, 2016, 07:49:51 PM
Im busting a gut to short the bejesus out of this on Bitmex, but know that the noobs wont be able to contain themselves, and will buy into the release. So do we wait for 6, 12, or 24hours? IDK.   

Well if the get rich quick club is taking 20% for 4 years, it might be a while before the dump.

And somebody gets it.

Thumbs up...
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
October 25, 2016, 06:58:08 PM
Im busting a gut to short the bejesus out of this on Bitmex, but know that the noobs wont be able to contain themselves, and will buy into the release. So do we wait for 6, 12, or 24hours? IDK.   

Well if the get rich quick club is taking 20% for 4 years, it might be a while before the dump.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
October 25, 2016, 04:50:51 PM
Activity: 574
October 25, 2016, 03:54:25 PM
Activity: 616
October 25, 2016, 02:42:29 PM
I am getting 7 sols with gtx 1070, and 8 with gtx 1080, am I doing something wrong?

i got this pool http://zcash.flypool.org/
how u get wallet address?
n which miner u r using?
is there any official thread for zcash @ BCT?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 25, 2016, 11:29:17 AM
https://medium.com/@yobanjo/zcash-founders-might-make-60-million-in-first-year-2c9658b2dc5d#.wzw3wjhas

Zcash founders might make $60 million in first year.

If you really thought Zcash is all about some new cool coin you’re wrong. Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web and gave the technology away for free. No millions needed. Now fast forward to today…
In a few days Zcash will be the new hot thing in crypto. A close look at their website shows some interesting details:

Zcash’s monetary base will be the same as Bitcoin’s — 21 million Zcash currency units (ZEC, or ⓩ) will be mined over time. 10% of that reward will be distributed to the stakeholders in the Zcash Company — founders, investors, employees, and advisors. We call this the “Founders Reward”.

Notice how they talk about “10% of that reward”. The devil is in the details with this one. In the first 4 years the founders will take 20% of all coins mined. Yup that’s right, they’ll surf the hype and make most money in the beginning. So let’s see how this adds up:

At first, 50 ZEC will be created every ten minutes. 80% of the newly created ZEC will go to the miners, and 20% ZEC to the founders.

So, that’s 2.628.000 coins in the first year alone…… And the founders will take 20% of that? That’s 525.600 ZEC even while they sleep and do nothing. If this coin becomes hyped (like the team already tries to do) we might see a $300 million marketcap in year 1 quite easily. That’s $114.15 per ZEC on your favorite crypto exchange. And guess what? The founders own 20% of that. And the bigger the hype, the more they will make. Think about that when you plan on buying your ZEC at a “nice price”. This thing becomes even more funny when you look at their investment:

With the plan above, a dream team of investors stepped up to fund the Zcash Company, because they believe in our mission, and in the value of this technology for all kinds of people and industries. We have closed a $1M funding round with these investors.

These devs are even more dumb than I expected. They got $1 million while giving away 20% mining rewards in the first 4 years which could easily be worth 60 times that number. And they call their investor “a dream team” for being ripped off like that. Don’t be fooled, this is the biggest scam since Ethereum. A bunch of greedy people talk about “decentralization” and “community” while filling their pockets with “dumb” crypto money.

Don’t believe the hype

can someone from team reply please? is this tru? Wy so much money?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
October 25, 2016, 05:12:14 AM
A coin that died and came back from the dead.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
October 25, 2016, 04:52:24 AM
Zcash, just another superhype scam coin. Another instant millionaire coin for the creator(s).
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
October 25, 2016, 04:45:30 AM
I am getting 7 sols with gtx 1070, and 8 with gtx 1080, am I doing something wrong?
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
October 24, 2016, 06:57:53 PM
zcash is real but the currency is not divisible beyond 8 decimal places. I have an alternative idea to create an infinitely divisible cryptocurrency that will guarantee anonymity,scale and speed. Contact me if you are interested to know more about it.
why don't you start a thread in Alt coin discussion and share your thoughts regarding your idea rather than inviting people over to contact you in private,you could get more thoughts and inputs from experienced developers regarding the project and it will be useful
Activity: 630
October 24, 2016, 10:06:41 AM
With all these excitement surround the Zcash project, I just hope it will not under perform, mining companies now have new money to suck out from people
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
October 24, 2016, 07:47:10 AM
where do u see the price going after releaser the zec/btc price is at 0.2 on bitmex.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 24, 2016, 07:33:33 AM
zcash is real but the currency is not divisible beyond 8 decimal places. I have an alternative idea to create an infinitely divisible cryptocurrency that will guarantee anonymity,scale and speed. Contact me if you are interested to know more about it.
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
October 24, 2016, 04:42:27 AM
yet another anonymous cryptocurrency that uses zk-snarks waiting for the launch on the 28th of October 2016,what is the expected rate ,the hype is because they have a heavy reputed team

There are lots of news about the ZCash. I saw it in many places including this forum. It seems there could be a hype of the price.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
October 24, 2016, 04:22:59 AM

Anyone recommend a stable GPU version to run z.cash likely to be approprate by the launch date...we are kinda messing with a GPU server now...I suppose we can go CPU if we
have to..but seems to be a lot of talk of GPU solutions...but no real clear idea of legit ones?

thanks

(boredom..and puter toys...the bane of my existence ..talk about the height of speculative hubris!) Ah well stuff to do Smiley

You might use the nicehash miner. I heard they got one working at the moment. I saw it in the forum.

There is no official GPU miner yet. Nicehash have released a CPU miner not GPU; they say they will release a GPU one soon though

I assume Nicehash cpu miners and gpu miners can ONLY be used with nicehash? (I plan to hoard coins.so will probably have to go whatever folk recommend for the CPU option for now....anyway ...even if it tanks I can feel like 'the man' and denial and vicariously re-live the churn from those 2009 CPU mining like in the old BTC days...lets face it ..I'm gonna try to put one these up (or 2) out of boredom...I need a life) Damn Desktops have been sluffing off and need to be put to work Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: