Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Zcash? - page 45. (Read 123362 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 27, 2016, 02:52:01 PM
zcash = US Federal Reserve. It creates money, charges a 10% tax, and the ledger cannot be audited.  

The idea of the privacy is what draws you in but greed blinds you to the faults.  All these hypers are blinded by greed.  They do not care that the system is seriously flawed.

Zcash Corp is dangerously launching new tech with no means of auditing the blockchain or totaling coins in circulation.
Activity: 824
Merit: 512
October 27, 2016, 02:49:36 PM
https://z.cash/blog/new-release-candidate-final-snark-parameters.html

We've taken in another $2M worth of investment to power the next stage of the project. The investors in that round valued the Founders' Reward (along with the accompanying ownership of Zcash Co) at about $15 per Zcash coin.  Shocked Shocked

and

https://twitter.com/Poloniex/status/791648296112680960

Shocked
Activity: 366
Merit: 261
October 27, 2016, 02:37:06 PM
Pummp it, then Dump it to hell. Grin Grin Grin
So smart people can profit.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
October 27, 2016, 02:24:36 PM
Has the exact time zcash will be launched been published yet ? Pacific time , Eastern time? Also what exchanges will offer zcash ?

Poloniex will offer  Smiley

According to this:
https://forum.z.cash/t/starting-time-of-zcash-launch/3312/21

"sometime Friday morning San Francisco time (PST)."
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
October 27, 2016, 02:21:34 PM
after the initial hype, the ZCASH price will bleed out painfully until it finds a floor.  Lips sealed

That will depend on how good it works. If there shouldn't be any setbacks and it works how "promised" - the price can be expected as high. I also believe that it will decrease after the first month, because more and more Zcash will flow on the market, but... it will most likely about hundreds of dollars.
Activity: 910
Merit: 508
October 27, 2016, 02:04:16 PM
after the initial hype, the ZCASH price will bleed out painfully until it finds a floor.  Lips sealed
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
http://www.leocoinapp.com/
October 27, 2016, 01:49:37 PM
to be honest first days price will be hight,then will go slow down.....
Activity: 204
October 27, 2016, 01:46:51 PM
Has the exact time zcash will be launched been published yet ? Pacific time , Eastern time? Also what exchanges will offer zcash ?

Poloniex will offer  Smiley
legendary
October 27, 2016, 01:40:30 PM
How can you guys tell the price before launch? and since when bitmex is a reference?

Nobody can know what the price will be. Bitmex is just betting on the price.

But, the situation will be really interesting because unlike others who do an ICO without much attention, Zcash is already kind of a hype but there will be nearly no supply for at least 1 month (slow start). And that could establish a very high price.

And if we think about a successful-scenario, that Zcash should be at a marketcap of $500k after one year, that would also mean:

About 0.2 BTC per Zcash

Since some even believe Zcash could dethrone Bitcoin it might be even higher if nothing goes wrong. But, I'm really just speculating here. There are some points I really don't like. Trusted setup and how much the company gets of the mining reward etc.

copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
October 27, 2016, 01:04:29 PM
How can you guys tell the price before launch? and since when bitmex is a reference?
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
October 27, 2016, 12:27:37 PM
Where can I find windows GPU miner (AMD cards)?

With the devs hidden code?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
October 27, 2016, 12:14:49 PM
Where can I find windows GPU miner (AMD cards)?
Activity: 150
October 27, 2016, 04:42:09 AM
legendary
October 27, 2016, 04:28:30 AM
This whole thing to me just looks like a cash grab for all the investors. I know people will buy into this coin anyway in the hope to make a quick buck but to me this is one of the most unfair dispersal of coins ive seen yet. I was really hopefull for this coin in the beginning but now out of pure principal i wont ever invest into it.

If the ZCash is used by many privacy concerned people, then the price of ZCash could rise a lot in the future.

ZCash-Futures are pretty high, at 0.37 BTC right now: https://www.bitmex.com/app/trade/ZECZ16

I'm not sure how reliable it is, but what will be interesting:

1) On one side there is some hype about it
2) The supply will be very limited and slowly increasing.

If there shouldn't be technical-problems, no disaster, I expect the price to be high.

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
October 26, 2016, 01:11:27 PM
This whole thing to me just looks like a cash grab for all the investors. I know people will buy into this coin anyway in the hope to make a quick buck but to me this is one of the most unfair dispersal of coins ive seen yet. I was really hopefull for this coin in the beginning but now out of pure principal i wont ever invest into it.

If the ZCash is used by many privacy concerned people, then the price of ZCash could rise a lot in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
October 26, 2016, 12:23:58 PM
One really important point in the article:
“The number of people who understand and have read the math and could develop an attack would be very small, maybe a dozen researchers worldwide. And so, you run the risk that maybe not enough people have looked at it to have the insight of what’s wrong with it,” says Back.

if one person can find a vulnerability, then a ton of other undiscovered geniuses could too. is there some type of register where people with the requisite knowledge are monitored? i'm guessing no.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
October 26, 2016, 12:17:21 PM
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
October 26, 2016, 12:10:53 PM

The article is balanced I think. It first outlines the new technology that Z cash brings and them also examines its drawbacks (or potential drawbacks) - as with every new technology.

One really important point in the article:
“The number of people who understand and have read the math and could develop an attack would be very small, maybe a dozen researchers worldwide. And so, you run the risk that maybe not enough people have looked at it to have the insight of what’s wrong with it,” says Back.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 26, 2016, 12:00:46 PM

And nowhere any word about Monero. Even not In the comments below.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Pages:
Jump to: