Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Zcash? - page 44. (Read 123362 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
October 28, 2016, 02:34:40 AM
Total amount of ZCash will be ?

21 million like Bitcoin
Yeh, simple question, simple answer
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 28, 2016, 02:21:36 AM

21 million like Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
October 28, 2016, 02:13:15 AM
well that is one of my major concerns....

Nobody really ever knows, technical impossibility. Bazillions most likely, up to endless supply. But inside Developper's hands.
Activity: 522
Merit: 266
October 28, 2016, 12:49:25 AM

well that is one of my major concerns....
N30
Activity: 309
October 28, 2016, 12:32:54 AM
Activity: 522
Merit: 266
October 28, 2016, 12:14:44 AM
Zooko doesn't even know how ZK-Snarks work.

That should say a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6RLjcGVUnw&feature=youtu.be&t=17m30s

Thats why I stopped supporting SDC. Bit to yeehaaaa on the real propellerhead stuff for my liking. This thing is potentially a timebomb. Plus not in the spirit of trusted financial sovereignty. Unlike XMR
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
October 27, 2016, 11:51:40 PM
You only need one honest member in the "trusted setup" to make it work right?

That's easy. Hire a bunch of guys who are deemed trustworthy, who say they will do it properly, and then trash the system they did it on (burn it, destroy it, drop a giant car magnet on it, etc.) If they get the top 10 or 20 trustworthy people / coders / escrow / ... it's like the firing squad theory where the "guilt" of execution is distributed so more people are likely to actually hit the target, but you only need one person to hit so everyone else can miss.

Appears they only had 6 (yes, six) people generating the parameters. Peter T. Odd was one of them, and the rest are probably Zcash team.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 27, 2016, 10:07:53 PM
How i know that i minning the real Zcash and not test server? started right now
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
October 27, 2016, 10:03:26 PM

That should say a lot.

you are correct!

people will follow pigs to the slaughter house in cryptos and thats what we will see w zcash
legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050
October 27, 2016, 08:15:33 PM
So about genesis-mining added zcash miner and H/s does it mean if I for example buy $500 worth of hash power then how many coins will I be able to mine in a day?

The difficulty of mining will be adjusted depending on the price? if yes then no good to mine this coin.

you are better off using nicehash.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
October 27, 2016, 07:50:25 PM
Ok so I'm hearing rumblings that there is a Windows based GPU mining software available now to mine ZCash. Is this true? If it's true (find it dubious), then is the Windows miner able to use AMD Radeon drivers?
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
October 27, 2016, 05:20:20 PM
Is there any nvidia miner that is working?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 27, 2016, 05:17:39 PM
zcash = US Federal Reserve. It creates money, charges a 10% tax, and the ledger cannot be audited.  

The idea of the privacy is what draws you in but greed blinds you to the faults.  All these hypers are blinded by greed.  They do not care that the system is seriously flawed.

Zcash Corp is dangerously launching new tech with no means of auditing the blockchain or totaling coins in circulation.

Ahh gtfo, u just don t ve the money to buy, zcash is what btc failed to be.

Wow, such a great rebuttal for the failure of zcash.  I need to get the fuck out because I dont have the money to buy some zcash.  You have no idea what money i have.  I bet I lost more than you have invested.  I took a $20k hit when cryptsy exit scammed.

Your right though, zcash is will be everything bitcoin is not.  
  • zcash will have a blockchain that cannot be audited which means there is no way to find hacks or track the true circulation.
  • zcash will charge a tax on miners to pay investors - 2.1 million coins across 4 years
  • zcash is a corporation with share holders in the company - what will happen when the corporation needs more money and needs to pay investors?

You forget one other flag, it's a corporation issuing privacy based currency based in the privacy friendly US.

Bitcoin's blockchain was revolutionary in that it solved an issue that plagued digital currencies; trustless verification to prevent double spending. Without this one needed to trust centralised parties not to deceive or be coerced.

With Zcash you need to trust Zooko and co not to deceive you to increase the money supply (you wouldnt know otherwise) and not to be coerced (for instance by government), bearing in mind the company Zooko moves with (look at his investors and advisors - the who's who of alt pump and dumps) trust is crucial.

Fact is Zcash is a privacy orientated digital currency that requires complete trust.

Bitcoin is a digital currency where privacy can be incorporated and it trustless.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 27, 2016, 04:18:29 PM
zcash = US Federal Reserve. It creates money, charges a 10% tax, and the ledger cannot be audited.  

The idea of the privacy is what draws you in but greed blinds you to the faults.  All these hypers are blinded by greed.  They do not care that the system is seriously flawed.

Zcash Corp is dangerously launching new tech with no means of auditing the blockchain or totaling coins in circulation.

Wow, such a great rebuttal for the failure of zcash.  I need to get the fuck out because I dont have the money to buy some zcash.  You have no idea what money i have.  I bet I lost more than you have invested.  I took a $20k hit when cryptsy exit scammed.

Your right though, zcash is will be everything bitcoin is not. 
  • zcash will have a blockchain that cannot be audited which means there is no way to find hacks or track the true circulation.
  • zcash will charge a tax on miners to pay investors - 2.1 million coins across 4 years
  • zcash is a corporation with share holders in the company - what will happen when the corporation needs more money and needs to pay investors?
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
October 27, 2016, 04:15:30 PM
So about genesis-mining added zcash miner and H/s does it mean if I for example buy $500 worth of hash power then how many coins will I be able to mine in a day?

The difficulty of mining will be adjusted depending on the price? if yes then no good to mine this coin.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
October 27, 2016, 03:32:38 PM

That should say a lot.

October 27, 2016, 03:31:27 PM

lol
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
October 27, 2016, 03:09:25 PM

a centralized money grab with gaping security holes? yup. bitcoin failed miserably at that. long may it continue.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
October 27, 2016, 03:04:45 PM

October 27, 2016, 03:01:32 PM
We've taken in another $2M worth of investment to power the next stage of the project. The investors in that round valued the Founders' Reward (along with the accompanying ownership of Zcash Co)

Please, where can i register to fund my money there?
Pages:
Jump to: