Pages:
Author

Topic: TIL Activity does not work on precisely 2 week intervals + interval timings - page 3. (Read 39894 times)

Activity: 327
Merit: 100
Thanks for pointing this out. I have been pretty active here and have seen my post count go up - but my activity level is seemingly stuck. Now I know why, thanks! :-)
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
This,

The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

is not very clear at all.

really? that's clear enough for me. basically it's telling us that we can only get 14 activity for each activity periods that we posted in. and there's a list of activity periods in the first post.

This is how I interpreted it too. Seems pretty straightforward. Thanks for the info OP!
Activity: 520
Merit: 260
Here is a list of all the ACCURATE start dates of the 14 day periods till 2060 !
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12saLhlUoqIdairxzuSPu6EYGrt7FN2lOstO1yDjCEbA

I think this is very interesting. Maybe by bumping this post again to the top I can assist some others.
Anybody knows if that very helpful sheet on the first post is still valid?
Activity: 542
Merit: 101
So does that mean that if you have enough posts you could get 2-3 levels rankings up in the two week period? I'am I wright? Thank you
Activity: 25
A bundle of thanks to the one who invested his time and effort into posting the spreadsheet... Would save people from spamming posts unnecessarily but it is discouraged to post to increase your activity alone...  Gaining information and knowledge from this platform should be your goal... And for that 14 posts in 2 weeks is not adequate.. :')
Activity: 139
Activity: 532
Thank you for all the explanation and information about what is activity means and posts for us to level up the rank. From newbie to be jr member to full member and so on..it helps a lot,  little by little i understand the process.
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.
can someone please explain what activity means ? do you gain activity only if you are active?
A new activity period will start every two weeks (it is actually just over every two weeks as explained in the OP). For each 'activity period' that you post in, you will receive 14 potential activity points. For every post that you make, you will receive one activity point, up to the number of 'potential activity points' you have. Activity points determine your rank -- you need 30 activity points to become a Junior Member, 60 activity points to become a Member, 120 activity points to become a Full Member, 240 activity points to become a senior member, 480 activity points to become a Hero Member, and a random number of activity points between 730 and 1030 to become a legendary member.

I dont get it
What don't you get?

Well, in every activity period (so every 2 weeks), I can get max 14 points right ? , does this mean I have to post 14 times in every activity period(2 weeks), or is there also an amount of minutes I have to be online ?
And when is the next update of the 2 weeks ?
Thnx!
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps
can someone please explain what activity means ? do you gain activity only if you are active?
A new activity period will start every two weeks (it is actually just over every two weeks as explained in the OP). For each 'activity period' that you post in, you will receive 14 potential activity points. For every post that you make, you will receive one activity point, up to the number of 'potential activity points' you have. Activity points determine your rank -- you need 30 activity points to become a Junior Member, 60 activity points to become a Member, 120 activity points to become a Full Member, 240 activity points to become a senior member, 480 activity points to become a Hero Member, and a random number of activity points between 730 and 1030 to become a legendary member.

I dont get it
What don't you get?
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Personal Text: Blockchain with a Purpose
New activity update starts today. And yes im now a jr member.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
I have not really understood how activity calculation works. I still need more simplified information.

Which part you don't understand? You need to make at least one post in each period to gain (potential) 14 activity points. If you make more than 14 posts then the activity wont increase more then 14.

For example in your case you have more posts than activity which means if you make more posts in this period the activity won't increase but if you make only one post in next period your activity will increase for 14. Is it clear(er)?
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
I have not really understood how activity calculation works. I still need more simplified information.
Activity: 14
Every 14 days I only comment or reply, is there activity?
Completely understood. I appreciate your support here. Very nice guy indeed.
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
Right.

What if I don't post for a month, will my activity go up another 14 just because I posted extra this week?
No. You need to post at least once in each activity period in order to gain activity.
Right.

What if I don't post for a month, will my activity go up another 14 just because I posted extra this week?
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
Once the two weeks pass will my activity update to my post count or will it just add 14 every two weeks?
It can only increase at most 14 for every two week period. So at the next activity period, you will have 28 activity.
Once the two weeks pass will my activity update to my post count or will it just add 14 every two weeks?
Pages:
Jump to: