Pages:
Author

Topic: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action - page 31. (Read 39319 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Oh come on, is that the best you got mr 148 IQ? 

Intelligence has nothing to do with knowledge.  I know nothing about fashion, I don't know how to rebuild a car engine, I don't know how to refine crude oil into gasoline, I don't know how to fly a helicopter.  BUT, I could learn if I wanted to.
Merit: 501
Oh come on, is that the best you got mr 148 IQ?  

Answer my question.  Anyone who qualified for MIT should be able to figure out this two word phrase.  It has French origins.

I'm looking for a term that describes   "in a mass; as a group" 

(no help from the audience please).

Hey bcp I have a riddle for you....

What do you call it when a company starts shipping alot of product?

I'm looking for a term that describes   "in a mass; as a group"  

Can you tell me that two word phrase?  I'm betting you cannot because you never made it into MIT.  So let's see.... what phrase am I looking for?

(Please, nobody help him).....
I fail to see your point, I was working in Computer Science not corporate shipping.  I can't play a piano either.
Yea, he's in a snafu now... he'll never get it.  He is FUBAR!  (I don't believe he could get into MIT).
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

Can you tell me that two word phrase?  I'm betting you cannot because you never made it into MIT.  So let's see.... what phrase am I looking for?

SNAFU-FUBAR?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_slang
legendary
Activity: 1190
Oh so you are saying that an officer of the company saying a product will be delivered in two weeks for months on end is... not intentionally misleading his customers?  
If his supplier is telling him 2 weeks and he turns around and tells customers 2 weeks, yes.  Do you have proof something else happened?

There are many instances of BFL contradicting itself.
If you didn't just get off the shortbus, you might have read about them.

Name:   bcp19
Activity:   56
Position:   Member
Date Registered:   July 05, 2013, 03:28:38 PM

That is why everyone makes fun of you.

Read it again.  The courts will look at the beneficiary of the lie.  I do not need to prove it, it is patently clear that BFL benefits by it's officers public lie.  This is a cut and dried case of fraud.
I see, how much are you paying your lawyer?
Read it again.  The courts will look at the beneficiary of the lie.  I do not need to prove it, it is patently clear that BFL benefits by it's officers public lie.  This is a cut and dried case of fraud.

from the article:

The second part is about the liar's intention. A lie that you don't mean anyone to take seriously, such as a joke or hyperbole, wouldn't constitute fraud.

When it comes to proving intent for fraud, courts often look at what the liar could gain if someone believes the lie. If the liar benefits from someone believing and acting on the lie, that tends to show intent.

Clearly the courts will be looking at the benefit to BFL caused by Josh's continued lie of "two weeks".  I don't need to prove anything but I'm sure the prosecutor who takes the case will find plenty of people who will state "Josh lied for the benefit of BFL".
So you have no proof.
from the article:

The second part is about the liar's intention. A lie that you don't mean anyone to take seriously, such as a joke or hyperbole, wouldn't constitute fraud.

When it comes to proving intent for fraud, courts often look at what the liar could gain if someone believes the lie. If the liar benefits from someone believing and acting on the lie, that tends to show intent.

Clearly the courts will be looking at the benefit to BFL caused by Josh's continued lie of "two weeks".  I don't need to prove anything but I'm sure the prosecutor who takes the case will find plenty of people who will state "Josh lied for the benefit of BFL".
Oh so you are saying that an officer of the company saying a product will be delivered in two weeks for months on end is... not intentionally misleading his customers?  
If his supplier is telling him 2 weeks and he turns around and tells customers 2 weeks, yes.  Do you have proof something else happened?
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

That is what he is saying. Plus, he is saying everyone will make their money back.
Shiller gotta shill I guess.  Wink
I am shill in my own league. I am not with these amateurs.
legendary

That is what he is saying. Plus, he is saying everyone will make their money back.
Shiller gotta shill I guess.  Wink

You know you have been at the BFL fair too long when...

If you truly believe you're telling the truth and end up being wrong, that doesn't qualify.

Yep.  Too bad for BFL they SHOULD have known... as officers of the company... that they could not possibly be delivering anything in "two weeks".

That doesn't excuse willful denial or ignorance of the truth. If you should have known the truth or could easily have discovered it before telling the lie, it could still be a problem.

So you get it now, congratulations on recognizing the criminal element at work within BFL!

There is a long way between should and did.  Using your definition people SHOULD have known BFL would be late due to their past record, therefore they DID know and ordered anyway and now are willfully denying they knew.
legendary
That is a mirror that you, bcp19, Red_Wolf2, and Inaba are looking at.  Grin
Ask your overseer at BFL:
Now that BFL got a fresh infusion of cash, can we expect more mini-rigs to ship? Or are those customers just perma-screwed?

Another spin K9quaint ?

Grin

If you like, I am guessing you need the exercise.
Or is that Inaba on the wheel? He certainly goes off the rails a bunch.

PSA:
If you have ordered from ButterFly Labs and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask ButterFly Labs for a refund, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. Multiple customers have already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via Bitcoin or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with ButterFly Labs to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.
You can also do a paper filing with the DA here: http://da.jocogov.org/complaint-forms

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from ButterFly Labs, here are two:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yes-you-can-get-a-refund-from-bfl-266945
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/butterfly-labs-did-everything-they-could-to-make-getting-a-refund-impossible-272585
Pages:
Jump to: