Pages:
Author

Topic: Token distribution using KYC verification - page 11. (Read 931 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 10
I think the reason why they use KYC in token distribution is to prevent double account, and for now I see it all safe, at least we didnt give any private key
Your are right, some bounty projects need KYC in order for dev team to verify  and double check if that identity is really existing or just a dummy at all.  I dont see any danger as long as you have trust and confidence with project and its team.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
I think kyc is fine but only the basic if it's for bounty because i read some weeks ago that some project sell the participants data so it's very dangerous. Bounty participants also have to choose what project to give their data for. If the project is great and the amount is a lot, it's worth to do the kyc but if the amount is only a little then i think it's not worth to do the kyc.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
It is true that KYC may lose personal information and may be abused, but with cooperation on the internet there is no easier way to identify honesty and responsibility.
Activity: 140
This is a very nice questions that mostly people can relate on such the same situation, it is about our safety and security purposes, and only those people have a long experience in KYC system can give the accurate idea on this particular question. I'm waiting for next opinion of people that have more experience and knowledge about KYC.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
several bounty projects, are now beginning to implement KYC on the distribution of their tokens
when I send my identity card is this safe? could it be misused?

The thing is you have only two options while investing your money, either you submit the ID and then get verified share holder or else do not invest at all. The third option would be buying the coins when it hits the exchanger but thats will make you miss the opportunity to buy the coins at lowest prices and be a early bird.

KYC is Madame thing by all the governments now, so exchangers have to submit it so that they can asses the real person is investing money. Also this helps the safety and security of the funds at times.

We can not surely state that they are safe because we are always seeing that there are so many fraud cases of ICO project itself. Now giving our original docs to such people is far difficult to imagine in first place. But as I said we are limited on the option.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
Since now there are a lot of scam projects on the ICO market, I think that it can be dangerous. It is not clear why we will draft our KYС data. This is suspicious in any case.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
several bounty projects, are now beginning to implement KYC on the distribution of their tokens
There is advantages and disadvantages for implementing the KYC. Advantages is to not scamming the profile of yours. You can hold strong identity that you own that profile.

Disadvantages of this KYC is someone tell that the other projects are using the profile in the blackmarket or other stuffs. This was dangerous for us.
So better to know about this project before you enter.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
The problem is that we've all heard about many projects being scam projects and people blaming developers and managers for scamming them and so on and so forth. Also currently there are regulations here and there and so these have led to the upsurge of KYC for bounty participants. At first these KYC things were for investors but they are integrating it into bounty campaigns as well. No project manager or developer wants to be held responsible for legal proceedings and hence they are trying to prevent that by taking that action so that in case there's any legal confrontation they'll be safe.
But I also believe that giving out our personal identification data to just anyone is not very good at all. Imagine the number of bounties you're in now and each one demands your identification data, very soon your data will be spread across the internet and one bad aspect is that we don't know who we're giving our data to. Some government officials can even intentionally create fake projects just to get the KYC details of cryptocommunity members because they think we're fraudulent people. So it's very dangerous giving out your data on the internet.
Activity: 266
It is safe, I had joined bounty campaign twice that requires KYC. It is only part of their rules or maybe the company is based in US so it is required and don't you worry it is only a simple KYC procedure
Thank goodness that, I will learn from your experience. if indeed you've been following a bounty program with KYC and you feel safe, I would also believe that it's safe
Activity: 344
Merit: 257
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
It is safe, I had joined bounty campaign twice that requires KYC. It is only part of their rules or maybe the company is based in US so it is required and don't you worry it is only a simple KYC procedure
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
Its not safe, how you know kyc service can be hacked and your id's will be stolen
I'm also not sure KYC will be safe, if indeed dev does not intend badly against our identity. who can guarantee if our identity is hacked by others?
Activity: 266
I think the bounty thread needs to resist KYC data.
Because no one knows what these KYC data are used for, I think it's a very dangerous thing to give our KYC data.
I am also very afraid of it, and I doubt it will be sending the KYC data but if I do not follow the rules I will not receive the token I already get in the spreadsheet.
Each bounty program has different rules with KYC, some can use identity cards and some people use passports. Of course, we must think positively to those who run bounty programs. I'm sure they just want to know the identity of the investors who invest with them through KYC verification.
hopefully that's just the purpose I fear if my identity will be misused by dev after token distribution done
Activity: 714
Merit: 257

I dont like it, and would like the team behind the iCO project to announce it before the bounty start. If there is a KYC and submission of documents, i dont even want to start doing it. I cant just share my documents with dozens of companies, i just dont know where it will end, and for what is it used int the end. I have done a few campaigns that asked for KYC after they have finished, and i didnt give my ID. So not announcing it before the start is kind of wasting bounty hunters time.
Activity: 644

If you find potential in the project then the company will surely ask for KYC, to implement KYC into a website it requires a lot of funds. So for internal verification and audit purpose company owners will ask for KYC documents, but sometimes it is frustrating whether they will use it for scams.
Activity: 294
I think the reason why they use KYC in token distribution is to prevent double account, and for now I see it all safe, at least we didnt give any private key

Its still not safe to just submit our KYC data to anybody. Those data can be use for fraud and also in other forums there are selling of KYC packs. A KYC must done by a KYC verified institutions and it will cost more to the ICO if all bounty hunters that participate their campaign will do KYC.
Activity: 448
Merit: 109

If you need to, don't. At least I wouldn't even think twice to enter bounty campaign that has KYC in it, not because I want to hdie or anything, but simply I don't trust these startups much, nor do I trust bounty managers to keep my IDs safe. I even don't trust banks and always duble question myself when giving IDs to anybody and you expect me to trust these startups? Firs thing first they can do an exit scam and take your ID and sell it on dark market, their server with database might get breached due to low security and other scenarios. I am jsut not comfortable with giving my IDs to anybody if I don't have to.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
Is this for bounty or the one who participated in their ico? If it's for ico then i think it's fine because they want to avoid getting into trouble with the government. For bounty it's also fine to do it because there's people who join with multiple accounts and with kyc the number will be reduced. Kyc is fine as long as they only use your data to verify the distribution and not selling it to other people.
Activity: 418
"simply getting the job done"
Because no one knows what these KYC data are used for, I think it's a very dangerous thing to give our KYC data.
I am also very afraid of it, and I doubt it will be sending the KYC data but if I do not follow the rules I will not receive the token I already get in the spreadsheet.
Each bounty program has different rules with KYC, some can use identity cards and some people use passports. Of course, we must think positively to those who run bounty programs. I'm sure they just want to know the identity of the investors who invest with them through KYC verification.
Activity: 294

Agree with this we can't just give our KYC data directly to ICO website.  We are not sure if it is safe or not and also its a problem when someone can leak the datas. We can't just submit our data to every bounties and airdrops just to receive some tokens/coins.  From its name KYC(Know Your Customer) bounty hunters should not undergo this process because we are not their customers. If we look at it the ICO's are the customer of the bounty hunters because we work to advertise their project.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
Pages:
Jump to: