Pages:
Author

Topic: Token goes down. Wait or sell? - page 101. (Read 13936 times)

Activity: 352
Merit: 100
August 02, 2018, 06:13:58 AM
In my own opinion, I believe if the project is a god one and you trust it to be successful and will grow to be a potential project, you can hold till when the price will rise or sell part of it and hold the rest but if you do not really trust the project, you can sell and buy later.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
August 02, 2018, 06:13:01 AM
Hello everyone!

We all know that the situation with market is not that good as we want it to be. Thus it affects a lot of ICO projects. On the one hand people don't invest in coin so much money as they did last year. On the other bounty hunters sell tokens fast and the price goes very low. That is why some projects prefer list their token on Idex first. They want to see how a coin plays on market.

And what investors should do in such situation? Sell all they have for small money or wait until a token will go up?

I'm asking as a person working in such project. After ICO token price went down (KCY, I'm sure you heard of it). And It is interesting to know investor's opinion about such situation.

What is your idea?

you should ask these queations in mind: will this coin survive? in the long run, how can I gain from it? is the project something people woud buy it? do not be blind by its promised price
Activity: 127
August 02, 2018, 06:08:47 AM
When a token goes down, the first thing that might come to the holder's mind might be probably to sell, but this shouldn't always be the case. There are times when one needs to sit and critically analyse the token. Will it survive? will it bounce back? or Will its value ever increase/ if your replies to questions like this are positive about the tokens, then maybe you shouldn't sell. HODL!
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
August 02, 2018, 06:03:52 AM
Waiting or selling tokens right after they are listed is a rather difficult question, because you can not guess and sell for less than you could get. I think that you should wait at least six months before selling, but it all depends on the project.
Activity: 126
August 02, 2018, 05:56:01 AM
I think I should wait, because the price of the failed tokens is very low, so it will not be how much, so we should wait for better opportunities to sell at better prices.
Activity: 420
The World’s First Blockchain Core
August 02, 2018, 05:55:14 AM
I do not think that 1-2% of all collected coins can shake the price on the exchange. After all, bounties receive such low interest rates that they can not fail the course. Many investors sell the bought coins at a discount and thus are enriched. I believe that you need to sell coins immediately, and later in 2-3 months, buy them again at a low price.
Activity: 280
Merit: 14
The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content
August 02, 2018, 05:53:10 AM
If your financial situation allows, it is better to wait for growth, it will certainly be.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
August 02, 2018, 05:51:37 AM
Hello everyone!

We all know that the situation with market is not that good as we want it to be. Thus it affects a lot of ICO projects. On the one hand people don't invest in coin so much money as they did last year. On the other bounty hunters sell tokens fast and the price goes very low. That is why some projects prefer list their token on Idex first. They want to see how a coin plays on market.

And what investors should do in such situation? Sell all they have for small money or wait until a token will go up?

I'm asking as a person working in such project. After ICO token price went down (KCY, I'm sure you heard of it). And It is interesting to know investor's opinion about such situation.

What is your idea?

When you see a market that falls far down, then it's definitely a good thing to buy. Do not ask any questions, as there are many new news in this forum. Just buy what you like, when others shout about sell. Do not buy if you can not afford to fear the risk, but if you choose good assets then your long term will be assured.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
August 02, 2018, 05:34:19 AM
If you have not sold when their prices were just a little bit falling, the best decision would be to hold for now, because it is really bad thing to sell the tokens which are having already a half of their normal price.
Activity: 476
August 02, 2018, 12:40:50 AM
This is according to fundamental  of the project,  if that project has strong team member and they keep to development purpose of the project, so that token has chance to going up.  But if that project does not have any  good fundamental,  the price of the token can be continue going down. There are already some token going down more than 1/10, so we should know first the fundamental of the project before decide to hold it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
August 02, 2018, 12:12:20 AM
It really depends in the token and its corresponding projects. Had this experience with UTK. At first its value were really great, I sold half of my UTK, and hold the other half expecting to increase its price, but it did nit happens. Otherwise, it continues to fall.

Better do research how the project develops, token price depends on it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
August 01, 2018, 11:59:23 PM
Essentially you have to analyze the ICO project before you put your money in it. Because if the project succeeds the token will gradually increase in the market, so do not panic with a temporary decrease. Do not let panic take your chances to make big profits.
Activity: 421
August 01, 2018, 11:49:33 PM
It depends on how you earned the tokens and on how the project is the developing.

If you had earned the tokens from bounty campaigns, I would prefer to wait for a while if how things would go. Do not dump everything right away cause it might lower its value. Let the project prosper first.

If you had earned it from buying, better to assess the condition not so long, tokens seldomly goes down and then up. So, better to decide right away.
Activity: 154
August 01, 2018, 11:41:00 PM
market conditions will always change and will not stay the same as before. I think if you have a lot of tokens to sell, sell some even if the price is cheap and buy back at a cheap price as well, and that partly save for the future, the market will also be up going later so just wait.
Activity: 58
August 01, 2018, 11:37:06 PM
I personally would wait especially if I didn't spend much time, money and effort into it. Otherwise I just pull out and put that money into something I and my friends deem worthy. Tokens are always a risk. If the token is a pump and dump kind of thing I will definitely sell right after a pump. Otherwise I hold on to it.
Activity: 232
Merit: 5
August 01, 2018, 11:18:33 PM
When the price of a token is down, then I think we'd better wait. Because it would be very risky if we do sell the token when the price drops. Could lose out if we do not have a smart plan for tackling disadvantage.
Activity: 238
August 01, 2018, 11:07:30 PM
If you need money, and it's very important, then you can sell it, if you don't need it, then you can keep it, and I believe that these tokens will give you a good return in the future.
Activity: 210
August 01, 2018, 10:43:56 PM
it's true the price of tokens / coins is down but I'm sure there will be an increase at the end of this year, so a wise choice is to hold your coins / tokens until your price target is met ,,
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
August 01, 2018, 10:42:07 PM
When going on a hefty price down sharply. I think it's best to wait. don't sell your loss if you do not yet have a plan mature. Because it is very risk. Safer to hodl alone until the price according to what you want.
Activity: 85
August 01, 2018, 10:26:09 PM
I would sell them after they have passed for some kind of pump, if they have not and they are currently just dropping it is preferable to sell or if you really think that the project is worth it than wait for some time to see if it recovers.
Pages:
Jump to: