Pages:
Author

Topic: TPTB_need_war Bitcoin Fork in the making! - page 9. (Read 11483 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Feeling let down? Maybe you were just working too hard.

I am HONCHO, the person whom was referred to in the prior message written by AnonyMint. I am not AnonyMint.

No there is no let down. AnonyMint did not communicate clearly the unique selling point of the coin I am going to create with AnonyMint's technology. I understand he wrote that he had been awake for 18 hours. He contacted me on chat yesterday after writing the aforementioned message; and I urged him to sleep and let me handle this.

Okay, and thanks for the explanation. He just sounded like I felt back in my writing days when I busted a gut writing something and then wondered why the fan mail didn't pour in after it was published. That's what I meant when I asked "Feeling let down?"

I hope he's well.

The opposite. I advised AnonyMint that JAMBOX needed to be tied to the coin I would ICO so as to maximize speculator interest; and he said he just wanted to see his new anonymity plus DE discovery in a new coin. He didn't want to tie any futures contracts to JAMBOX. So I think his heart was not in what he was writing and was trying to convince himself by writing frankly in public and then gauging feedback. When he didn't get much feedback, he rightfully concluded that one can't market an ICO without a very convincing message and plan. AnonyMint's distaste for funding vaporware with ICOs was clearly evident between the lines of what he wrote. My insight is he was killing the idea because he is driven in by the passion for the ideas he believes in.

When I chatted with him earlier today his only point was, "Why do they criticize me for being slow, when they also criticize premines and ICOs.". He is correct. One man alone can't accomplish the ambitious goals AnonyMint is trying to achieve.

So there needs to be more funding. A top quality software engineer costs $100,000+. The level of software engineer who could keep up with AnonyMint is someone similar to smooth, or the keean guy he is conversing with at the Rust forum. Both of these two earn in excess of $250,000 annual salary. AnonyMint should quit crypto and go work in industry. He will be age 51 soon, is bankrupt, and probably be best advised to go earn what he is worth instead of risking so much for a dream. But that is how passionate people behave. I know it when I see it.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Feeling let down? Maybe you were just working too hard.

I am HONCHO, the person whom was referred to in the prior message written by AnonyMint. I am not AnonyMint.

No there is no let down. AnonyMint did not communicate clearly the unique selling point of the coin I am going to create with AnonyMint's technology. I understand he wrote that he had been awake for 18 hours. He contacted me on chat yesterday after writing the aforementioned message; and I urged him to sleep and let me handle this.

Okay, and thanks for the explanation. He just sounded like I felt back in my writing days when I busted a gut writing something and then wondered why the fan mail didn't pour in after it was published. That's what I meant when I asked "Feeling let down?"

I hope he's well.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
In all due respect sir, this is global crypto-currency. I am not indemnifying you in every jurisdiction on earth. You can consult the authorities in your jurisdiction and your own attorney to obtain the advice that is relevant to you. I can consult the authorities and my attorney to obtain advice that is relevant to me.

There are 194 countries on earth.

Sir, it is irrelevant what country I'm residing in as I'm not participating in your ICO.

Here's a good start:
In the United States I would take this guidance from FinCEN under consideration. https://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html

It appears to me that an ICO would require the registration of the issuer with FinCEN as an MSB within the required time period in order for the ICO to be legal in the United States.

Are any ICOs illegal in the United States of America?

Yes

I found an expert. Thanks. Please kindly list for me which ones are illegal?

Isn't that a question for the appropriate authorities or your attorney.

No, it's a question for your legal team, if you guys have one

In all due respect sir, this is global crypto-currency. I am not indemnifying you in every jurisdiction on earth. You can consult the authorities in your jurisdiction and your own attorney to obtain the advice that is relevant to you. I can consult the authorities and my attorney to obtain advice that is relevant to me.

There are 194 countries on earth.

IANAL = I Am Not An Attorney

Thank you sir for you non-attorney opinion.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
to drive investment in the proposed ICO.

will your ICO be legal in the United States of America and the Philippines?

Probably not and that's why anonymint has created honcho.

I noticed your Waves signature. I advised that ICO.

IANAL

In the United States I would take this guidance from FinCEN under consideration. https://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html

It appears to me that an ICO would require the registration of the issuer with FinCEN as an MSB within the required time period in order for the ICO to be legal in the United States.

Edit 1: Here is the FinCEN Enforcement action against Ripple over this issue https://www.fincen.gov/news_room/nr/html/20150505.html

Edit 2: The above is the reason I stay well away from ICO coins including Ethereum.

Yes

No, it's a question for your legal team, if you guys have one
Activity: 566
Merit: 500

This..

I noticed your Waves signature. I advised some ICOs.
Activity: 478
Merit: 250

@Honcho: are you the latest account of /AnonyMint/TPTB_need_war/...?

No. I already stated this in my first message.

@HONCHO, are you affiliated with SuperNET and InstantDEX?

I have not yet decided whether and when to confirm or deny my prior affiliation, and whether I will deploy my pre-existing reputation to drive investment in the proposed ICO.

Those who know me, know I comment less on Bitcointalk these days. And I also want you to note that AnonyMint is banned.

There needs to be someone to get out in front publicly on the marketing. A visible public face is always best. Those who know me, will know I am anonymous even if I reveal my prior affiliations.

I wanted AnonyMint to be that public face and I also think he is a motivational public speaker. But he is not comfortable being a promoter of an ICO. I am confident he will be a public persona promoting JAMBOX. There is also a plan to raise money for JAMBOX in a crowdfund and I presume he will be publicly visible at that time. And many details will be presented at the crowdfund. Note the crowdfund is as I understand it to be in exchange for Tshirts and other perks not including JAMBOX tokens. I am not certain the proposed crowdfund can raise enough funds to accelerate JAMBOX properly. Thus I have taken the opportunity to leverage AnonyMint's research discovery to propose creating a new coin and distributing it via ICO.

If the system will use "masternodes", will there be an incentive for people to run one?

Is there going to be mining, or will all coins be distributed via the ICO?

The JAMBOX crypto-currency will be a revolutionary redesign of Satoshi's proof-of-work, so yes it will have mining and be distributed via mining. But it will be unprofitable mining and the senders of transactions will supply the proof-of-work shares. I will defer to AnonyMint for further details on that. AnonyMint has indicated that he has a technology to prevent professional mining during the launch phase and that only verified social networking users will be able to mine and they will be limited in how much they can mine per day. He expressed to me that he is confident he can prevent anyone from amassing investment quantities of coins via mining and that this can be enforced in a decentralized protocol.

For the crypto-currency I propose to launch via ICO, I want it to be proof-of-share so there will be no debasement of the currency. This currency is intended to be a reserve currency for trading thus should not be debased and if the coin supply shrinks due to lost coins that is not a problem. Also it will be more compatible with the masternode concept to employ DPOS where the delegates are the masternodes. I am thinking the masternodes should receive the transaction fees as their sole compensation. I propose the transaction fees will be set as a percentage in the protocol. We need a very efficient, low-cost, and fast network for our reserve currency trading. Masternodes will of course have to lock a deposit which is forfeited if they do any malfeasance. I am aware of the general argument against proof-of-stake that masternodes can collude or be bought up by the evil adversaries, and that one could profit by attacking the coin with masternode control and shorting the coin. However, we also see that Bitcoin has arguably transmogrified to de facto centralized control to some degree. It seems one chooses their poison, at least until AnonyMint leads to the way to an overhaul of Satohi's design and shows us a better way.
@Honcho: are you the latest account of /AnonyMint/TPTB_need_war/...?
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
@HONCHO, are you affiliated with SuperNET and InstantDEX?
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
If the system will use "masternodes", will there be an incentive for people to run one?

Is there going to be mining, or will all coins be distributed via the ICO?
Hmm so it's delayed or even entirely abandoned, the project?
I was getting my funds ready to throw at you Shelᖚy Wink Wink

AnonyMint's JAMBOX project and crypto-currency for JAMBOX is not abandoned. He is working now. I saw him make some posts today to the Rust programming language forum. Nothing has slowed down.

I am proposing to ICO a new coin which will have the capabilities I mentioned. This coin will be the only route available to you for obtain AnonyMint's forthcoming JAMBOX crypto-currency cheaply at launch. If you want to invest in his work, you will have to do so through the coin I am launching. AnonyMint already explained why it must be structured this way.

The money raised from the ICO I will do, will nearly entirely go to funding the JAMBOX project so we can accelerate it. It is still my hope that JAMBOX will be launched within 2016 if we can raise even just 200 BTC of funding— although I'm aiming for 1000 BTC. AnonyMint will doing some work on the coin I will launch via ICO. I explained already the significance of the coin I will launch via ICO. I would like feedback on that plan.

I am accelerating everything now because AnonyMint's health has stabilized and he has made major accomplishments on the every aspect of the research and development.

It seems you expect your platform attract lots of users and then they start using the coin to pay for the music content, which is all right, but what exactly will create value for the coin? Will be the coin traded on exchange to create some value for it? The music content providers of JAMBOX who receive payment in your coin will have to dump the income and convert it to FIAT, but who is going to buy it from them?  

Excellent question.

AnonyMint had an error in his presentation. He indicated that social networking users would be selling $10 of coins on the decentralized exchange I will create with exclusive access via the coin I am launching via ICO. I expect the musicians and app developers to accumulate the JAMBOX tokens until they are significant enough in value to exchange on the DE for other coins which can be exchanged to BTC/fiat. So I expect to be acquiring tokens in $50 and $100 morsels, not $10.

I expect also that many musicians and app developers will choose to redistibute the token as incentives for fans and in game currency functions. So not all the tokens will get dumped on to the DE. Thus the demand for the tokens will be higher than the supply until the price rises significantly.

Also as I understand the plan, JAMBOX will also be accepting Paypal, so the JAMBOX token is mostly for those 6 billion who don't have a credit card but also love music and apps. Well let's say 1 billion since not all of them have a smartphone yet but the penetration of smartphones in the developing world is double-digit annual exponential compounding.
Activity: 939
The lack of enthusiasm for a breakthrough in anonymity seems to spell doom for Monero and Zcash.

Seems people were only excited about JAMBOX, not anonymity. So that is good to know. Thanks.

I'm excited by the whole package, including anon & decentralised social network for creatives
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
Let's move forward. Any questions for me? And feedback on my plans as stated?

You say you want the coin to be used as a 'holding coin' by people using your decentralized exchange, will they do this because all the pairs are against acoin so they have to, because it will not be as private if they don't, or for other reasons?

Also you mentioned a problem with decentralized exchanges that you think you've solved - jamming or something - could you please explain this problem even if you can't explain the solution because I think Bitsquare has a good plan for their decentralized exchange and I would like to compare but I'm not sure what this issue you are referring to is exactly.
Activity: 1
Hello,
Can you develop a Proof of Stake/ Hybrid for a new altcoin?
Activity: 426
Hmm so it's delayed or even entirely abandoned, the project?
I was getting my funds ready to throw at you Shelᖚy Wink Wink
Sad... it looks like The Powers That Be have finally silencied AnonyMint....

I have not conspired with anyone to silence AnonyMint.

I funded AnonyMint last year when he entirely depleted his savings for buying basic necessities such as food, was mired in the throes of illness and it wasn't clear if he could ever get his health restored and be productive. I took a risk, because I believe he may the one who can make crypto-currency ubiquitous.

I am protecting not only my meager investment with him, but more importantly I am facilitating whom I think is potentially an important resource for the future of crypto-currency.

Let's move forward. Any questions for me? And feedback on my plans as stated?
Pages:
Jump to: