Pages:
Author

Topic: Track Record Forum Members - page 4. (Read 8535 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
August 22, 2013, 07:25:22 PM
When does it peak? Keep going after 60?
I believe it will. It will grow forever or fail to zero (if someone destroys internet). Looks like peak will be above $200 (this year), but then may be fall.

Great call by Odalv. On February 22, 2013, when the exponential rise had been going on already for almost 2 months and price was at $28 he predicts it to go above $200. Indeed it topped 1,5 month later at $266 on April 10th after which it collapsed. A very accurate call made very early helping others to hold.

He also made another call, to soon to be judged, that it will drop back to around $50 by January 2014:
note: he cancelled this call here
August 22, 2013, 05:11:30 PM
Hi! I'm no day trader. But here's some self-aggrandizement anyways. I've made a number of longer term predictions on this site that still lie in the future. But I do nominate myself for this prediction:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2823035

wherein I predicted on 7/12/13 the price would be $103 on 7/31. $103 was about the average price between Mt Gox and Bitstamp that day, though it was quite volatile around it.

So that's one of out one predictions that lie in the past Smiley

monkeybars +1

I'm not sure what the price was when you made that prediction but the average price for that day July 12th was $96. Predicting the price will go to $103 2/3 weeks later seems too close a price to be of much value.  I agree it was the right call but not worth mentioning in the list in my opinion.
August 22, 2013, 04:44:34 PM
27k BTC over at bitstamp, higher than the 21k I've seen the highest so far.

What's most fundamentally significant is of course that as I and many other non-tinfoils suspected, MtGox is just fine and withdrawals are re-enabled, meaning that The Great Dollar Extraction can freely play out now.

You think this is panic? We've seen nothing yet.

Bad call from Blitz. While price had been dropping for 3 weeks in a row coming from $110, and was now at $66 Blitz thinks panic is just starting. He says mtgox withdrawals are fine now and thinks selling will accelerate now that people can withdraw their fiat.

Price bottomed at $65 that same day July 5th and went straight up from there. It closed over $100 already 3 weeks later on July 29th. It continued to go up and by August 19th hit $120 on mtgox, going to premiums of 20% at times over the other exchanges likely due to continued withdrawal problems at mtgox.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
August 22, 2013, 05:56:19 AM
This thread is not meant to make predictions. It is meant to judge and document past predictions.

I was talking about possible upcoming "forecasting thread" not this one (I was replying to his quote).
August 22, 2013, 05:49:39 AM
This thread is not meant to make predictions. It is meant to judge and document past predictions, from yourself or others.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
August 22, 2013, 05:39:48 AM
Yes, even nicer would be a seperate thread for forecasters, where they can make their public prognostications for grading.

Agreed, I want a forecasters' thread too. I'm almost ready to post my next prediction there.

This kind of thread should be educational with clear explanation and even maybe charts. Othervise this thread will become lucky guessing thread.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
August 22, 2013, 04:54:12 AM
Yes, even nicer would be a seperate thread for forecasters, where they can make their public prognostications for grading.

Agreed, I want a forecasters' thread too. I'm almost ready to post my next prediction there.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
August 22, 2013, 01:35:21 AM
Ha-ha you can watch me velcarations dhenson vycid volcaniceruptor icebreaker etc and put them all into a list just using the securities thread  Cheesy
And MPOE-PR

But lets get this started he-he it will be fun having them find this thread later but I'll try to keep it to recent predictions you guys feel free to quote anyone else might be able to make this thread quite amusing if everyone posts predictions of the day and looks back on them months later Cheesy

I can see evil potential here Smiley

Vycid right after Friedcat post

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2984500

I've already produced a rational argument why you should expect them to attempt to exit. I will repeat it here.

As we saw today, the market cannot support significant sell volume. This is unsurprising, since the share price is buoyed by sentiment and not underlying value. ASICMiner has nowhere near 1.2 million BTC worth of assets and intangibles, so it is impossible for all holders to liquidate the current market value of their shares.

So, if everyone cannot liquidate completely, then it is the first actor who profits most. From a game theoretical perspective, every whale should be searching for the best way to be the first one out without demolishing the value of their own shares.

We have already observed some of that action by the daily filling of the bid wall.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
August 21, 2013, 07:43:23 PM

Imagines the manual tracking through 100's of posts XD
Lol

It would be much easier if forecasters posted pictures of their calls.

Yes, even nicer would be a seperate thread for forecasters, where they can make their public prognostications for grading.  If only that would corral them all into one place and those not corralled could be told to post there or not be considered serious, as most seem not to be anyway (the "goin' to the moon" or "worthless monopoly money" etc).
The vain hope is that it would diminish the hubris of imaginings that the future is visible.
Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
August 21, 2013, 06:31:25 PM

Lol

It would be much easier if forecasters posted pictures of their calls.
legendary
August 21, 2013, 06:10:42 PM
So a speculation track record thread  Cheesy
This will be interesting

lol Smiley

Lol
August 21, 2013, 06:04:00 PM
This will be interesting

lol Smiley
legendary
August 21, 2013, 06:01:36 PM
This will be interesting
August 21, 2013, 06:00:11 PM
the Forum has been inundated with trolls probably from the Street who are desperately trying to get their hands on bitcoin.  you can tell this by the pronouncements of doom and gloom from these people.  as the stock market plummets, these punks are looking for the next bull market to rotate into and its bitcoin.  but they need to get you to sell to them so don't let it happen.  we are going back up and soon.

Bad call by cypherdoc. On June 11th 2011 when price had just peaked out at $31.5, 2 days before, and was averaging at $17.6 that day, he advises not to sell but to buy and predicts it will go back up.

The price continued to fall for 5 months in a row to a low of $2 by November 18th 2011.

To my knowledge be remained bullish the whole way down.

And because he is well capitalized, he was able to buy all the way down.  Perhaps his "soon" is different from what you assumed "soon" to mean.  He's way up at these prices.

I don't think I am misrepresenting his 'soon'. I have followed cypherdoc his newsletter and soon means the coming weeks, not in 5 months after first correcting -80%.

I hope you are able to judge a call objectively, independent of your feelings for this person?

Let's say like cypherdoc I predict, but that the market will go down soon and say: "sell your coins to all those suckers. we are going down soon." The inverse happens, it goes up by 800% for 5 months in a row. I continue to predict it will go down though, also right on the high. Then it starts to go down but it takes 2 years to go below that price where I made the call, but indeed it goes much lower and my call becomes true.

There is a big difference between "don't sell" and "buy now".  Or, to use your example, you are suggesting "sell now" when he would have said "don't buy".

I'm sorry, you are right. He said 'don't sell' on the highs. He did not say 'buy now'.  

I stand corrected. Still a bad call though to advise to 'hold' and the market ends up crashing.

Thanks for your confirmation.
August 21, 2013, 05:32:51 PM
Are you really going to do this because of that petty spat in lucif's thread? This a dick move, and frankly, it's pathetic. This forum is awash with bad predictions..... and you're going to make a thread about Rampion? Really uncalled for.

[...]  I'd like to share my experience with others, and hope they will share theirs with me, so I can avoid people that are more wrong than right, and find the few diamonds in here.     [...]

Nice initiative.  And very interesting this thread. Obviously there will be people who will feel very hurt but we have a right to know these analyzes and the degree of successes.

Thanks a lot for your appreciation. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1904
August 21, 2013, 04:53:26 PM
the Forum has been inundated with trolls probably from the Street who are desperately trying to get their hands on bitcoin.  you can tell this by the pronouncements of doom and gloom from these people.  as the stock market plummets, these punks are looking for the next bull market to rotate into and its bitcoin.  but they need to get you to sell to them so don't let it happen.  we are going back up and soon.

Bad call by cypherdoc. On June 11th 2011 when price had just peaked out at $31.5, 2 days before, and was averaging at $17.6 that day, he advises not to sell but to buy and predicts it will go back up.

The price continued to fall for 5 months in a row to a low of $2 by November 18th 2011.

And because he is well capitalized, he was able to buy all the way down.  Perhaps his "soon" is different from what you assumed "soon" to mean.  He's way up at these prices.

I don't think I am misrepresenting his 'soon'. I have followed cypherdoc his newsletter and soon means the coming weeks, not in 5 months after first correcting -80%.

I hope you are able to judge a call objectively, independent of your feelings for this person?

Let's say like cypherdoc I predict, but that the market will go down soon and say: "sell your coins to all those suckers. we are going down soon." The inverse happens, it goes up by 800% for 5 months in a row. I continue to predict it will go down though, also right on the high. Then it starts to go down but it takes 2 years to go below that price where I made the call, but indeed it goes much lower and my call becomes true.

There is a big difference between "don't sell" and "buy now".  Or, to use your example, you are suggesting "sell now" when he would have said "don't buy".

Proudly I bump the thread continuously where I called it will go down right at the top. Someone points out that was a great call indeed but the call earlier was wrong and I say: "hey I sold even more coins as it went up, and now 2 year later the price is indeed much lower as original". Even if this is right, it was still a poor call as it first went up by 800%.

I agree he is way up at current prices, just like anyone who bought in 2011.

Stick with it was the art though, and he definitely succeeded in that, and helped many others to stick with it, me included.

However, he does not teach any risk management, is silent about his wrong calls while very public about his right calls, gets defensive if you confront him about his wrong calls, and repeats his mistakes to continue to advise to buy even after parabolic epic rises. He did it in 2011, and again in 2013 as I prove in this thread.

Basically he is acting as a goldbug. Always bullish, always advising to buy, even when proven seriously wrong, not recognizing it, not taking responsibility and when confronted denying, minimising and ridiculing.  

This is a serious red flag. Very likely, if bitcoin fails, he fails and everyone who follows him. Be aware.

I agree he has a potential blind spot, but with most of the potential failure modes of BTC, we will all be caught by surprise.
August 21, 2013, 12:06:11 PM

Proudly I bump the thread continuously where I called it will go down right at the top. Someone points out that was a great call indeed but the call earlier was wrong and I say: "hey I sold even more coins as it went up, and now 2 year later the price is indeed much lower as original". Even if this is right, it was still a poor call as it first went up by 800%.

I agree he is way up at current prices, just like anyone who bought in 2011.

Stick with it was the art though, and he definitely succeeded in that, and helped many others to stick with it, me included.

However, he does not teach any risk management, is silent about his wrong calls while very public about his right calls, gets defensive if you confront him about his wrong calls, and repeats his mistakes to continue to advise to buy even after parabolic epic rises. He did it in 2011, and again in 2013 as I prove in this thread.

Basically he is acting as a goldbug. Always bullish, always advising to buy, even when proven seriously wrong, not recognizing it, not taking responsibility and when confronted denying, minimising and ridiculing.  

This is a serious red flag. Very likely, if bitcoin fails, he fails and everyone who follows him. Be aware.

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Free Minds. Free Markets. Free People.
August 21, 2013, 09:26:52 AM
Are you really going to do this because of that petty spat in lucif's thread? This a dick move, and frankly, it's pathetic. This forum is awash with bad predictions..... and you're going to make a thread about Rampion? Really uncalled for.

[...]  I'd like to share my experience with others, and hope they will share theirs with me, so I can avoid people that are more wrong than right, and find the few diamonds in here.     [...]

Nice initiative.  And very interesting this thread. Obviously there will be people who will feel very hurt but we have a right to know these analyzes and the degree of successes.
legendary
Activity: 1904
August 20, 2013, 09:11:13 PM

And because he is well capitalized, he was able to buy all the way down.  Perhaps his "soon" is different from what you assumed "soon" to mean.  He's way up at these prices.
Activity: 278
Merit: 251
August 20, 2013, 07:41:50 PM
Hi! I'm no day trader. But here's some self-aggrandizement anyways. I've made a number of longer term predictions on this site that still lie in the future. But I do nominate myself for this prediction:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2823035

wherein I predicted on 7/12/13 the price would be $103 on 7/31. $103 was about the average price between Mt Gox and Bitstamp that day, though it was quite volatile around it.

So that's one of out one predictions that lie in the past Smiley

monkeybars +1
Pages:
Jump to: