Pages:
Author

Topic: Track Record Forum Members - page 5. (Read 8535 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
August 20, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
There is no reward or price.

That's a pity. I hoped to get one Satoshi or even two Satoshis as a reward Embarrassed

Fair? What do you think?

Fair. Extremely happy to have gotten a plus.

Having a proven good track record has high reputation value and can be leveraged in different ways: newsletter, fund, etc.

Newsletter? - not with my English. Fund? - already did this. Will stick to etc in the future Cheesy
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
August 20, 2013, 06:35:49 PM

This is a wrong call indeed, price was at $110 on July 14th/18th, Blitz predicts it goes down, and today it's at $120.

But not worth people's time to list and study, I prefer to quote calls that led to huge losses or profits if followed.  You know, the juicy ones Smiley

dude, blitz made MANY wrong calls (few right calls too) but, his latest calls have been way off base and since he said we will not see triple digits this year COULD have caused people losses of sorts. you don't want to put him on cause he's a mod here?

I realize he is the mod. I don't think he will remove it. Could you quote some more grave bad calls from him? I'll put them all on the list. It's just that $10 difference seems low, and it's so recent, so he could end up still being right on that one. Wasn't he also screaming sell around $70 1 month ago?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
August 20, 2013, 05:27:28 PM

This is a wrong call indeed, price was at $110 on July 14th/18th, Blitz predicts it goes down, and today it's at $120.

But not worth people's time to list and study, I prefer to quote calls that led to huge losses or profits if followed.  You know, the juicy ones Smiley

dude, blitz made MANY wrong calls (few right calls too) but, his latest calls have been way off base and since he said we will not see triple digits this year COULD have caused people losses of sorts. you don't want to put him on cause he's a mod here?
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
August 20, 2013, 05:20:51 PM
how do blitz, EM and the gang stack up? Cheesy Wink
For those of us that consider the real price to be Bitstamp / BTC-E and not Gox, Blitz hasn't really been far off the mark.

bitstamp and btc-e are not the real price either - it's somewhere between mtgox and both. btc-e has such low volume (i think coinbase prob even does more) that they shouldn't even be referenced any longer
BTC-E still has 6% of the market. I mention it mainly because I trade there and it echoes Bitstamp's prices, not Gox's. Considering that every exchange has a considerable spread with Gox, it is clear that Gox is not the real price and that it is much closer to the other exchanges.

Gox 121
Stamp 104
BTC-E 100
CampBX 103

No question that Gox is quite artificial at the moment.

well if gox is artificially keeping prices high - other exchanges are artificially keeping the price low.
if gox is 50% of all exchanges - then like i said the ACTUAL price is somewhere in between gox and bitstamp.
using the numbers you've provided i'd say my nonscientific estimate is about $110.88 being the real value
That argument holds no water. There is an external situation keeping prices high at Gox. It doesn't logically follow that prices at other exchanges are artificially low.

It's the value of USD in question. At Bitstamp, $1 = $1, so price should accurately reflect the market. At Gox, this isn't true, and we know that the market values Gox $ significantly less than $ at other exchanges. So the real price should be determined by an aggregate of exchanges, excluding Gox.

Sorry OP, delete posts if needed.
August 20, 2013, 04:52:26 PM
For those of us that consider the real price to be Bitstamp / BTC-E and not Gox, Blitz hasn't really been far off the mark.

bitstamp and btc-e are not the real price either - it's somewhere between mtgox and both. btc-e has such low volume (i think coinbase prob even does more) that they shouldn't even be referenced any longer
BTC-E still has 6% of the market. I mention it mainly because I trade there and it echoes Bitstamp's prices, not Gox's. Considering that every exchange has a considerable spread with Gox, it is clear that Gox is not the real price and that it is much closer to the other exchanges.

Gox 121
Stamp 104
BTC-E 100
CampBX 103

well if gox is artificially keeping prices high - other exchanges are artificially keeping the price low.
if gox is 50% of all exchanges - then like i said the ACTUAL price is somewhere in between gox and bitstamp.
using the numbers you've provided i'd say my nonscientific estimate is about $110.88 being the real value
August 20, 2013, 04:50:24 PM
People, please there are other threads to discuss price difference gox and others. I'd like to keep this thread focused on track record and evaluation of calls only.

"Stay on target ... stay on target ..." Smiley
August 20, 2013, 04:49:04 PM

Gox 121
Stamp 104
BTC-E 100
CampBX 103

August 20, 2013, 04:48:16 PM

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
August 20, 2013, 04:43:56 PM
blitz: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg2822165;topicseen#msg2822165

EM - his nonsense is all over this forum (dude likely gets paid by someone to sit on here all day)

the gang - not sure they are on my ignore list and some used to make new topics everyday with their doom and gloom statments

maybe blitz got rid of some of them or they could all be EM's alter egos

No actually it's just you and me.
I am an ELIZA bot and operate 99.9% of Bitcointalks forums accounts.

Also I stalked you home last night.
August 20, 2013, 04:38:12 PM

August 20, 2013, 04:35:54 PM
blitz: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg2822165;topicseen#msg2822165

EM - his nonsense is all over this forum (dude likely gets paid by someone to sit on here all day)

the gang - not sure they are on my ignore list and some used to make new topics everyday with their doom and gloom statments

maybe blitz got rid of some of them or they could all be EM's alter egos
August 20, 2013, 04:14:03 PM
I'm considering selling all of mine at the market price of $175, and waiting to see what happens next. Its so hard to decide lol. What if it hits $200? etc.

You are in BTC because of fiat profits? SELL SELL SELL

You are in BTC because of freedom? HOLD HOLD HOLD

Every BTC sold goes from weak hands to stronger hands. Just do it!

This was a bad call. After the market has gone up for many months in a row, parabolically, Rampion advises someone who considered selling at $175 to hold.

2 days later, on April 10th, the price peaked out at $266 and crashed to $105, only to end the day at $165.

It continued to go down the days after and bottomed around $50 only a week later.

What price would you have sold ?  at $120, $140, $160...?    Now it's easy to talk about but then...

What I or others did has no relevance to his call being good or bad.

I agree it was not easy then, and Rampion his call shows little regard for that and on top turned out completely wrong.  

For your info, I advised others to sell some, and keep some (and did the same myself) but was mostly screamed over by messages such as Rampion's one above.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
August 20, 2013, 03:46:09 PM
I hope you succeed in the future to also get the big picture right (that the bull market was over and a bear market would start) and that you choose the right course of action so that you help yourself and others to reduce losses instead of increasing them.
You do realize that for someone to profit in trading, someone else has to lose, right?

Yes. Why you ask?
It sounded like you were saying it was a holy mission to correctly predict the market, and everybody would profit from this.

EDIT: maybe, to the extent that trading could be useful (in providing information to the economy), correctly predicting price based on value fundamentals is the best thing that a trader can do.

Some-but-Not-all-traders are readers of this forum.  It appears that RS is looking to give some advantage to those-that-are-readers over those-that-are-not.
Whatever you may think of the methods and motives for this, the result is a condensation of information which may benefit those-who-are-readers.
August 20, 2013, 03:36:03 PM
Great call from Loozik. When price was $66 on July 7th he predicted it would go up. He did not mention $120 but did draw the line to $120 on his chart (first chart below). On the same day when the price had gone up from $66 to $72 he confirmed it was still a good trade to make and predicted it would continue to go up (second chart). A week later on July 14th when the price had moved up already strongly to $96 he confirmed his call that the price would continue to go up (third chart).

Indeed price bottomed right at $66 that day when he called it. When he confirmed at $72 the same day, it indeed continued to go up. When it hit $96 on July 14th he confirmed again that it would continue to go up, and indeed it hit $120 a month later on August 18th.

Last chance guys to buy cheap coins.

Prepare for the price to:
a) go slightly above 72
then
b) drop quickly to 70.40 - 70.60

Next the train will leave the station heading north.

Be quick

August 20, 2013, 03:18:55 PM
August 20, 2013, 03:16:52 PM
August 20, 2013, 02:58:18 PM

Smiley Post their calls here and we will get a better picture. Wink

I'm especially interested in 'the gang' since I suspect their opinions/reputation are overvalued since it's mostly based on quantity and funz instead of quality. But finding their calls and refering to subsequent price is some work. Your help would be valued by me. I would say target those that you find overvalued or undervalued.
August 20, 2013, 02:53:11 PM
I am world's probably worst trader, and there is no way I could ever dream of aspiring to your list. But if there is some sort of reward / prize in this competition, then I would like you to consider me.

Hi Loozik Smiley

There is no reward or price. I hope though that this thread helps people to evaluate better who's opinions to follow and who's opinions to be careful about.

Having a proven good track record has high reputation value and can be leveraged in different ways: newsletter, fund, etc.

August 20, 2013, 02:05:03 PM
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
August 20, 2013, 01:49:24 PM
I'm beginning to think that your requirements are for a freakin' oracle.  Markets are fractal.  Nobody could predict that Apr 10 was going to be THE dump; in a mirror universe we could have topped at 150 or 500.  But it doesn't matter that that could not be predicted because anyone playing the "dip" made a lot on the dump -- or lost a lot less then they would have if they weren't playing the dip.  Sure they might have made MORE if the prediction had been "this is the dump".  But it remains good advice.  In other words, some people were noticing that we were in the stratosphere and advocating shaking loose some fiat for btc repurchase at a lower price and others -- rpietelia for the most extreme example --- were still pumping for a much higher price.  Which group do you think is the one making honest predictions and which is the one attempting to influence the market?

Stock prediction is complex and I think you are falling into the trap of simplifying it down to uselessness.  I know someone who back in '99 (during the internet investing bubble) entered a stock prediction challenge (it was promoting a stock opinion website) and actually won 10k.  Just to give you an idea of how he did it ... first step, pick a stock with incredibly low volatility.

But in the real world, its better to be partly right most of the time rather then being exactly right once.

Also, FYI price hit near $50 around 48 hours after the drop... the price was flying all over the place due to DDOS.  It then hit it again 6 days later on the 16th, which is the bottom that I think you keep referring to. http://www.bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg180zig15-minzczsg2013-04-09zeg2013-04-16ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv.

These 2, plus the recent $65 price form the "triple bottom" that has provided the confidence needed for the current run up.
Pages:
Jump to: