Pages:
Author

Topic: Track Record Forum Members - page 7. (Read 8535 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
August 18, 2013, 10:29:49 AM
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
August 18, 2013, 09:22:41 AM
How about a track record for the dumbest threads ever.

RationalSpeculator +1
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 18, 2013, 04:30:33 AM
People already shouldn't be listening to speculation calls here as financial advice so technically they choose to do what they want and it's their risk. Seems pretty healthy to me. The weak hands let go for stronger hands to hold.

Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
August 17, 2013, 11:24:06 PM
But its SOOO much more fun to make the call, have everybody ignore you and then laugh as you take their coinz!  Grin

Posted when BTC was 87...
Hope all you newbie doomsayers got back in!  Grin  If not, well welcome to bitcoin and thanks for your coins.  Trading here requires a steady hand; its not for the faint of heart.  You can choose low volatility and inflation (USD), or high volatility and deflation (BTC)  Grin

Good call indeed, price continued to go up from $87 to $111 by July 31st. Smiley

Added you to the list.

However, I checked your post history and found this call also made by you on April 10th:

Quote from: thezerg link=topic=85687.msg1797296#msg1797296

People, please keep in mind that a pullback is what the some investors are waiting for... to let exuberance pop.  The fundamental value and promise that underlies Bitcoin remains strong.  So hang onto your coins!

This was a bad call. Indeed price had swung widely that day from the all time high of $266 to $105, closing the day at $165. I'm guessing your call was around $130 when you gave the advice to hang onto your coins. However price dropped every day after that to a low of $50 by April 16th.  

Guess you didn't see that one coming   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
August 17, 2013, 10:09:54 PM
But its SOOO much more fun to make the call, have everybody ignore you and then laugh as you take their coinz!  Grin

Posted when BTC was 87...
Hope all you newbie doomsayers got back in!  Grin  If not, well welcome to bitcoin and thanks for your coins.  Trading here requires a steady hand; its not for the faint of heart.  You can choose low volatility and inflation (USD), or high volatility and deflation (BTC)  Grin

August 17, 2013, 08:08:45 PM
153!

Short the shit out of this false breakout dudes like a boss! Dont be sheep, sell like a man.

Disclosure: Sold BTC772 at $153.

I'm following you my friend Cheesy

This was a good call from both rpietila and Rampion.

Price peaked out that day at $166 and started falling the next day for weeks in a row to a low of $92 by May 4th.
August 17, 2013, 07:28:13 PM
A) Who cares?

B) Why not just make a thread that spotlights and praises people with a proven track record of making GOOD calls, instead of knocking down the ones who made bad guesses. I mean everyone here is just guessing when it comes to bitcoin anyway. You never know who is going to buy or sell, when, or how much.

EDIT: You shouldn't make your financial decision based on posts in this forum

A) I care
b) I'm planning to add a lot more people, also ones that made many good calls.
August 17, 2013, 07:26:53 PM
Are you really going to do this because of that petty spat in lucif's thread? This a dick move, and frankly, it's pathetic. This forum is awash with bad predictions..... and you're going to make a thread about Rampion? Really uncalled for.

This is not related to that thread. I was wrong there and apologized to Rampion.

I don't think keeping track of people's calls is a dick move or pathetic.

We all do it automatically. I'd like to share my experience with others, and hope they will share theirs with me, so I can avoid people that are more wrong than right, and find the few diamonds in here.

I started using Rampion's calls as a contrarian indicator. Turning his calls upside down has definitely worked, as I prove here.

I do realise that those I call out here, might get angry or vengeful towards me. I'm sorry if I provoke those feelings but frankly I'm just quoting you and giving an objective price analyses.

I think it's important I do this as many have lost serious amounts of money here due to this practice, especially newbies.

I take Hulbert's report that documents past performance of newsletters and mutual funds as an example, as it has helped me a lot in knowing who to avoid, and who to follow. 
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
August 17, 2013, 07:20:03 PM
Are you really going to do this because of that petty spat in lucif's thread? This a dick move, and frankly, it's pathetic. This forum is awash with bad predictions..... and you're going to make a thread about Rampion? Really uncalled for.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
August 17, 2013, 07:17:48 PM
A) Who cares?

B) Why not just make a thread that spotlights and praises people with a proven track record of making GOOD calls, instead of knocking down the ones who made bad guesses. I mean everyone here is just guessing when it comes to bitcoin anyway. You never know who is going to buy or sell, when, or how much.

EDIT: You shouldn't make your financial decision based on posts in this forum
August 17, 2013, 07:07:16 PM
Waking up to see this ...another completely failed rally attempt... I think there might be some panic today
60's on their way soon ... have to say, I didn't think it would happen so quickly
What do you think Rampion and IAS ?

Well, I had a bid at $71ish that wasn't filled for a few cents (unfortunately, the bounce from $72 was very profitable for those who caught it), and I pulled it. Didn't catch it the first time, I won't be trying to catch a falling knife for the second time in the $70s for sure.

I may play a bounce in the $60s, but with a smallish position. Its risky.

I will for sure play the bounce from the $50ish with significant money, that its going to be nice action indeed.

I still see too much denial for the very bottom to be close, but it's also true that these forums are über-bullish by nature (its bitcointalk.org), so I don't really know how good indicator they are.

Bad call by Rampion. While price had been dropping for 3 weeks in a row coming from $110, and was now in the $70's Rampion thinks price will go down even more to $50's. He says he does not buy at current price around $70 and might buy a little in $60's.

Price dropped to only $65 that day July 5th and strongly recovered the days and weeks after to $111 by July 31st.

August 17, 2013, 06:56:53 PM
I'm considering selling all of mine at the market price of $175, and waiting to see what happens next. Its so hard to decide lol. What if it hits $200? etc.

You are in BTC because of fiat profits? SELL SELL SELL

You are in BTC because of freedom? HOLD HOLD HOLD

Every BTC sold goes from weak hands to stronger hands. Just do it!

Bad call by Rampion. After the market has gone up for many months in a row, parabolically, Rampion advises someone who considered selling at $175 to hold.

2 days later, on April 10th, the price peaked out at $266 and crashed to $105, only to end the day at $165.

It continued to go down the days after and bottomed around $50 only a week later.
August 17, 2013, 06:48:23 PM
Too many people here make bad calls, do not own up to them, and repeat. Following them is dangerous to your financial health.    

Hence why I'm starting a list with forum members that stand out negatively as well as positively for me.  

For bad calls they get a minus, for good calls a plus. I quote the call below for reference and say what the price did afterwards.

If you want someone to be added to the list, simply quote the call from this person in a new post below, and say what the price did afterwards to prove that it was a good or bad call.

Rampion: -1, +1, -1,
thezerg: +1, -1,
cypherdoc: +1, -1, +1, -1
doobadoo: +1
rpietila: +1, -1, +1
SlipperySlope: +1
Loozik: +1
Odalv: +1
Blitz: -1
molecular: +1
BrightAnarchist: -1, +1, +1, -1
masterluc (used to be Lucif): +1