Pages:
Author

Topic: [Trading Bot]... iTrader ... Cryptsy, Mt.Gox, BTC-e, Vircurex & More supported! - page 6. (Read 13063 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Exactly! - Catch 22 situation!

.. anyway! - I've been busy working on iTrader to give it more use and v2.0 is here!

check out here to see all the updates! Smiley

* feedback appreciated! Smiley

Actually - you may not need to release the source to the general public. Why not bring a couple of other developers in and just trust them with the source. I for example would be all about adding a framework for adding multiple exchanges and building an arbitrage mode into the trader.

The other thing you could do potentially do is turn this software into a pay over time subscription based online engine. Maybe the risk would seem less if they had to deposit to an account on a server instead of having unknown code running on their personal machine. Granted you'd have a huge overhead in securing the site and associated costs... but it might be one direction to go.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Again, thank you for your comments and feedback.
I have decided in my next release I will include the source as a packaged bundle.

I understand people's concerns over trust issues but can only leave the decision to you.
On my API set-up help page I have clearly stated don't have 'withdraw' ticked in BTC-e!

& Regarding the name of my bot, - It was simple, easy to remember and fitted perfectly! Smiley

The sucky part is that sharing the source means others can "crack" and distribute it much easier. But not doing that, I can see the issue people would have with not knowing what the program is truly doing. Talk about a double-edged sword, =S.

Exactly! - Catch 22 situation!

.. anyway! - I've been busy working on iTrader to give it more use and v2.0 is here!

check out here to see all the updates! Smiley

* feedback appreciated! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
I have decided in my next release I will include the source as a packaged bundle.

I understand people's concerns over trust issues but can only leave the decision to you.
On my API set-up help page I have clearly stated don't have 'withdraw' ticked in BTC-e!

& Regarding the name of my bot, - It was simple, easy to remember and fitted perfectly! Smiley

The sucky part is that sharing the source means others can "crack" and distribute it much easier. But not doing that, I can see the issue people would have with not knowing what the program is truly doing. Talk about a double-edged sword, =S.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Well, as a novice to this, it is interesting program that has been created, thank you iTrader.

Very cautious however.

Bursting the bubble - iTrader - iWhat? Too many ! to be legitimate.

Unfortunately, like some, I have learnt that Windows is not the platform to be holding your wallet.  Would be beneficial to implement something that can use a second wallet as the trade wallet, then send confirmed/profit funds to the real wallet.  Or perhaps setup something that can prove sending coin to a secure wallet and not be capable of withdrawing - this would need to be open source code for us suspicious to comb.

Scam.  Too many posts I have read while learning crypto currencies on here, that show of the willingness to scam noobs with "simple" software such as this.  Why would you release this if you are making money trading?  The human race is unforgiving in greed especially with anonymous bystanders.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! Smiley
I've been working on my little program for a while now so appreciate all the nice comments!  Cheesy
~ Currently, the source is closed as I've not seen (m)any legit competitors and don't really want to 'compete' with others who have just modified my hard work; but saying that I may sell this as a bundled offer in the future.
in this case, you already lost versus goxtool and some others Tongue

2 donwsides:
A) winblows, dosnt take much to steal your coins due to extreme bad security, not even talking about the probably missing security of your tool (i bet it saves the keys in plaintext somwhere Tongue)
B) closed source, you have no references so we can trust your software wont steal the coins.

so either open source it with AGPL/LGPL (so others cant make money with it by using your code @ their projects, cant remember wich one forbids commercial use altough) or post some reference.

PS: keep up with ur product if its legit!

EDIT: a good way to manage these forums is to hit "ignore" on ppls only posting useless things Wink
legendary
Cheesy No problem'o - Happy to return the favour! Smiley

Sent you a PM, Smiley.
 Wink Haha, you're awesome!

It just annoys me when I see people ask questions or ask for feedback on a forum; then to never return to the topic! Sad
I try to read and consider all suggestions and feedback as I feel thats where alot of big time companies go wrong - they don't listen to what people actually want! & Cheers man! I'll keep that in mind! I've a few ideas which I am not too sure are possible but i'll try and figure that one out on my own for the time being! lol Tongue

Heh, I run into the same problems with people. I run some sites on my own and I always make it clear that each and every comment and suggestion is read (and I respond to just about all -- other than troll ones). Whether the change is implemented or not depends, but all input I get plays roles in future direction. Sadly it's rare to find people willing to take the time to share the input.

Yeah totally, It can be tedious reading through spam posts to find real 'input' -  glad to find a fellow forumer with such enthusiasm! Smiley and agree'd! - Obviously not eeeevery suggestion will be added but they all get read and help mould the next release!

Thanks for the help in my thread btw, Smiley. Really appreciate it!

Cheesy No problem'o - Happy to return the favour! Smiley
legendary

It just annoys me when I see people ask questions or ask for feedback on a forum; then to never return to the topic! Sad
I try to read and consider all suggestions and feedback as I feel thats where alot of big time companies go wrong - they don't listen to what people actually want! & Cheers man! I'll keep that in mind! I've a few ideas which I am not too sure are possible but i'll try and figure that one out on my own for the time being! lol Tongue

Heh, I run into the same problems with people. I run some sites on my own and I always make it clear that each and every comment and suggestion is read (and I respond to just about all -- other than troll ones). Whether the change is implemented or not depends, but all input I get plays roles in future direction. Sadly it's rare to find people willing to take the time to share the input.

Yeah totally, It can be tedious reading through spam posts to find real 'input' -  glad to find a fellow forumer with such enthusiasm! Smiley and agree'd! - Obviously not eeeevery suggestion will be added but they all get read and help mould the next release!

Thanks for the help in my thread btw, Smiley. Really appreciate it!

legendary

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Troll of the Fourth Reich.
legendary
Thank you for your suggestion and feedback!

I see what you're saying but I hope to implement even more features which give it a more unique edge to it.  I should maybe have held off releasing it until I had added more features but felt it was good to go for v1!  Feel free to post ideas and I'll do my best to implement them!

Thanks for your optimism! You can also create two versions of the program. One with more basic features and one with more detailed ones. This will allow people to get into it and see that they want (or don't) the extra features and make their own decision based on how they are using it as to if they want to make the jump or not.

Grin Oooh nice one - I like your idea although it sparked another idea in my head - something like.. an 'expert' mode but with less of a pretentious name lol - and it activates more advanced features - I've a few exciting idea's brewing up now but not sure how much is possible yet! we shall see!

Again, thank you for all the feedback etc. everyone! Smiley

No problem. You being receptive to comments (even when they might not be what you were wanting -- like saying it should be free) showed a lot of character and makes me more apt to help you. Feel free to ask if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help out!

I see what you're saying but I hope to implement even more features which give it a more unique edge to it.  I should maybe have held off releasing it until I had added more features but felt it was good to go for v1!  Feel free to post ideas and I'll do my best to implement them!

Thanks for your optimism! You can also create two versions of the program. One with more basic features and one with more detailed ones. This will allow people to get into it and see that they want (or don't) the extra features and make their own decision based on how they are using it as to if they want to make the jump or not.

Grin Oooh nice one - I like your idea although it sparked another idea in my head - something like.. an 'expert' mode but with less of a pretentious name lol - and it activates more advanced features - I've a few exciting idea's brewing up now but not sure how much is possible yet! we shall see!

Again, thank you for all the feedback etc. everyone! Smiley
Activity: 42
legendary

legendary
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! Smiley
I've been working on my little program for a while now so appreciate all the nice comments!  Cheesy
~ Currently, the source is closed as I've not seen (m)any legit competitors and don't really want to 'compete' with others who have just modified my hard work; but saying that I may sell this as a bundled offer in the future.

You may be better off asking for donations and making the program free though. While I get that it has some neat features (and it's got a cool design), I don't really see any reason that really puts it above the normal exchanges for the majority of people who would be interested.
Pages:
Jump to: