Pages:
Author

Topic: TYGRR.* assets on GLBSE delisted. - page 13. (Read 33293 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
September 26, 2012, 09:12:58 AM
GLBSE issuers cannot honor their contracts without the assistance of GLBSE. They do no know who the asset holders are, and so cannot pay them.

Which is why IMHO the optimal solution is some cryptographic based smart property type system.  Now asset owners and shareholders could CHOOSE to use a smart-property compatible exchange for ease and liquidity but that wouldn't be a requirement.  The shareholder-asset-owner relationship should be able to survive the removal of the exchange.

I mean lets step back.  What happens tomorrow if Nefario is arrested by the UK equivelent of the SEC and the servers seized?  Is the answer "Oops?".
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
September 26, 2012, 09:09:22 AM

what i dont like about this is:
 - whoever sees that message first (this includes bond issuer) has the opportunity to sell all at a (relative) high price

that's why before publishing such message there usually will be a suspension of trading for half or one day in the traditional exchange.

this could work,

but what stops the issuer to simply say "operation closed" (of course: if he has a buyback clause this wouldnt work, but without it seems to be a good way for easy money)?

I think you are confusing asset risk with exchange risk.  If the asset is legit and the issuer still making payments delisting simply means the asset is removed from the exchange.  Shareholders will buy or sell depending on if they consider holding the asset to be worth the complexity of manual (off exchange) reconciliation.

If the asset is worthless scammer garbage and the asset issuer has no intention on repaying then it doesn't really matter if it remains listed or not.  It seems either you didn't think this through or your objection can be boiled down to "if it is delisted I won't be able to pawn this worthless asset on some sucker".  I don't think it is the job of the exchange to ensure you can sell something you own that is worthless for something.

That being said the way in which GLBSE handled the delisting was completely unprofessional.  No clear reason was given.  No timeline.  No notification to stakeholders.  Just "BLAM" we/I decided so it is gone.  Buisiness is all about taking calculated risks and Nefario actions over the last couple weeks have shown there is significant exchange risk, probably higher than many suspected.

For alternate players in the space NOW would be a good time to put policies in writing.  Black and white.  When/why/how are assets suspended.  when/why/how are assets delisted.  If you are a competitor to GLBSE and offer less exchange risk then you have a competitive advantage.  However simply being "not GLBSE" and not having yet suspended/delisted an asset isn't an advantage, it is simply another unknown.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 26, 2012, 08:01:46 AM
from https://us.glbse.com/delisted/6009
But thats not fair to me and other asset holders! We agree,it's not fair to holders of this asset, to other issers, asset holders and GLBSE itself. Delisting is a last measure when trying to deal with problematic asset issuers who are actively trying to damage GLBSE. We have a responsibility to all asset issuers and asset holders on GLBSE, if any one person is doing something that puts everyone else at risk, including GLBSE operators then they have to leave. This is a market we all share, for it to work we must all play nice.

Oh. puh lease, nefario.

This was a market we all shared. But your behavior is quickly going to make your market a market of one, with no need to share. This definitely made my decision much more solid. There is no fucking way I will do business with GLBSE until you are off the management team. This paragraph is an offense to all current and potential issuers.

Nefario, you have put GLBSE at FAR FAR more risk than Goat could ever dream. You are actively damaging GLBSE. (there is no try, only damage or damage not) At least one of your real shareholders expressed extreme irritation at your actions.

Hopefully GLBSE will make some significant management changes. I fear that the exodus is only going to continue.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
September 26, 2012, 07:05:20 AM
This would only work if either every single holder of his securities is honest or the community trusts him and GLBSE enough to believe that anyone who claims Goat refused to honor a claim code must be lying. I don't think either of these things are true. Do you?

(He actually could do a two-phase redemption. But considering he has no way to contact all his asset holders to arrange such a thing, the fact that it's technically possible doesn't help much.)

Good points. GLBSE would need to provide a messaging interface for Goat to communicate directly with the holder of the claim code.
Activity: 504
Scattering my bits around the net since 1980
September 26, 2012, 07:03:18 AM
Where did I say, that the exit strategy will be set in stone because the issuer says so? He still has to stay by his contract (so nobody gets shares stolen, no profit for the issuer by saying shareholder have to do as he says). But he could buyback shares according to contract or make arrangements with another exchange (for example.)
you are right.
even if glbse delist his asset the issuer still has to honor his contract.
its just not easy to see if he really does.
GLBSE issuers cannot honor their contracts without the assistance of GLBSE. They do no know who the asset holders are, and so cannot pay them.
...which is where the claim codes come in.

GLBSE has already assisted... the rest is up to Goat.

-- Smoov
Activity: 532
September 26, 2012, 06:51:27 AM
Where did I say, that the exit strategy will be set in stone because the issuer says so? He still has to stay by his contract (so nobody gets shares stolen, no profit for the issuer by saying shareholder have to do as he says). But he could buyback shares according to contract or make arrangements with another exchange (for example.)

you are right.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
September 26, 2012, 05:33:43 AM
Goat, would you please re-list the assets in a different exchange? Cryptostocks seems like a perfect drop-in replacement. I know it would be hard to match accounts, but claim codes are already anonymous, and this might pave the way to move shares between exchanges, so maybe Cryptostocks would even help with the process?
I don't see how he can agree to do this until some method to solve competing claims is set up. Agreeing to do this poses huge liability for him as he would essentially be relying on GLBSE to have accurately issued the claim codes.

Again, the problem scenario is this:

1) Goat gets a claim code from an anonymous person, he issues the stock anonymously.

2) Someone else presents the same claim code.

3) Goat says the claim code is used.

4) The guy swears up and down he has not used the claim code, has mountains of documentary evidence saying he held the asset, threatens to make noise on the forums about Goat scamming.

What does Goat do in this scenario? He has no way to know if the guy is scamming or if GLBSE made an error. Outsiders have no way to know if Goat is scamming, the guy is scamming, or GLBSE made a mistake or deliberately issued the same claim code twice.

This would only work if either every single holder of his securities is honest or the community trusts him and GLBSE enough to believe that anyone who claims Goat refused to honor a claim code must be lying. I don't think either of these things are true. Do you?

(He actually could do a two-phase redemption. But considering he has no way to contact all his asset holders to arrange such a thing, the fact that it's technically possible doesn't help much.)
September 26, 2012, 05:26:25 AM
Quote from: GLBSE
But thats not fair to me and other asset holders! We agree,it's not fair to holders of this asset, to other issers [sic], asset holders and GLBSE itself. Delisting is a last measure when trying to deal with problematic asset issuers who are actively trying to damage GLBSE. We have a responsibility to all asset issuers and asset holders on GLBSE, if any one person is doing something that puts everyone else at risk, including GLBSE operators then they have to leave. This is a market we all share, for it to work we must all play nice.

Nefario, I think we're entitled to an explanation of why we weren't given any prior notice. I think you know there is a problem with your action, gathering from the fact that you only respond to trolls here and prefer to answer us users through a notice on GLBSE.

A notice on GLBSE. I wondered why I never saw it  Roll Eyes

I assume this is directed at me so I will ask, how am I "actively trying to damage GLBSE" ?  

Honestly my fight to keep my assets from forced sale was to protect GLBSE. I was trying to make it clear that GLBSE would not just steal assets. Clearly I was wrong :/

Goat, would you please re-list the assets in a different exchange? Cryptostocks seems like a perfect drop-in replacement. I know it would be hard to match accounts, but claim codes are already anonymous, and this might pave the way to move shares between exchanges, so maybe Cryptostocks would even help with the process?

- whoever sees that message first (this includes bond issuer) has the opportunity to sell all at a (relative) high price
that's why before publishing such message there usually will be a suspension of trading for half or one day in the traditional exchange.
Just clearing the order book without suspending trading would have been helpful too...

Well, if there were a clearly laid out exit strategy that was communicated to shareholders, the panic would dampen considerably, since a lot of investors would be looking to buy from the cheap. Other measures you mentioned are also useful.
Activity: 504
Scattering my bits around the net since 1980
September 26, 2012, 05:18:32 AM
Just clearing the order book without suspending trading would have been helpful too...

When Vircurex announced they were going to stop I0C trading, I didn't find out for a few hours, and lost a bundle, on pending orders that were set expecting normal trading. I would have preferred a trading halt, or having the order book wiped, as something that significant initiated by the exchange, sparks off a situation which could cause a lot of damage to people who didn't see the notice in the first few minutes after it was posted.

-- Smoov
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2012, 05:08:41 AM

you are right.

Still better than Nefario just hitting a Killswitch

+1
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
September 26, 2012, 05:01:38 AM
I personally have no problem that GLBSE delists some assets. IMO, they even have to delist some assets.

I only have a problem with they way this was handled. This seems really unprofessional.

A Professional solution would have been (could still be) (IMO, of course):

• Notify Goat that his assets will be delisted, give him one week time to work out a exit strategy.
  • After that week make a public notification or a user notification on GLBSE, with a link to a thread where Goat has a chance to present his exit strategy
  • Give him at least 3 Weeks Time for his exit

Why has this to be done so suddenly?
This precedent that any asset could be kicked of immediately, if the issuer just pissed you off enough may give some people a uneasy feeling.

- if someone does not want to sell his assets they are stolen

this could even be used to scam people.

open a ponzi like asset
wait for glbse to close it
profit for bond issuer because he decided his exit strategy is "people: sell all of your shares"

i dont think there should be any way a market place can delist an asset EXCEPT no one (except issuer) holds shares.

Still better than Nefario just hitting a Killswitch
legendary
September 26, 2012, 04:58:51 AM

this could work,

but what stops the issuer to simply say "operation closed" (of course: if he has a buyback clause this wouldnt work, but without it seems to be a good way for easy money)?
donator
Activity: 1120
September 26, 2012, 04:55:57 AM

donator
Activity: 1120
September 26, 2012, 04:54:15 AM

Thank you.
Cryptostocks might be small at the moment, but it seems to improve quite fast and in a good direction.  A Developer Log for example is a good thing. Although the biggest hurdle of leaving the uncertain status to become legitimate, is likely still to come.

I think having several bitcoin stock exchanges with different legal status regulation level is good for the community. Nefario is trying to make a great contribution for the bitcoin capital market by make it legitimate, while we can still have other less regulated/free stock market. Maybe GLBSE is where we are able to buy a real and legitimate company's stake through the payment methods of bitcoin and priced in bitcoin and whose big 4 audited financial report's currency unit is bitcoin!  

However, we need free and unregulated stock exchanges for the bitcoin economy. It is the spirit of bitcoin concept. Bitcoin means that if you want regulation you can have regulation, but if you don't want it the regulation will be able to removed. NASDAQ, pink sheet and NYSE, they are serving different companies, and investors can use all of them to seek investment opportunities.  I  I will invest on the both GLBSE and CS.

Maybe even one day we will have a stock exchange behind the Tor. 100% free, 100% illegal in the eyes of SEC. As long as the scammers will be scamming, but people will learn. And the honest people gaining trust/credibility over time.

legendary
September 26, 2012, 04:51:33 AM
I personally have no problem that GLBSE delists some assets. IMO, they even have to delist some assets.

I only have a problem with they way this was handled. This seems really unprofessional.

• Notify Goat that his assets will be delisted, give him one week time to work out a exit strategy.
  • After that week make a public notification or a user notification on GLBSE, with a link to a thread where Goat has a chance to present his exit strategy

This precedent that any asset could be kicked of immediately, if the issuer just pissed you off enough may give some people a uneasy feeling.

- if someone does not want to sell his assets they are stolen

this could even be used to scam people.

open a ponzi like asset
wait for glbse to close it
profit for bond issuer because he decided his exit strategy is "people: sell all of your shares"

i dont think there should be any way a market place can delist an asset EXCEPT no one (except issuer) holds shares.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
September 26, 2012, 04:48:11 AM
queerly, and late. Now, such actions on assets Goats do not seem logical.

So we should do nothing then?

That's what you did with all the PPT's when pirate defaulted. Highly toxic that time, you didn't give a fuck.
legendary
Activity: 1232
September 26, 2012, 04:46:18 AM

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
September 26, 2012, 04:29:22 AM
I tend to avoid commenting on emotion loaded threads such as this, because hardly ever anything good comes from it. Nevertheless, as Cryptostocks was refered to several times, it's time to speak up.

Cryptostocks seems nice, but, does anyone know if they are any more reliable?
Our concept is to have as little regulation as necessary on security listings, other than legality of the business model (drugs, weapons, etc. or for obvious reasons not allowed). It shouldn't be the Exchange's responsibility to judge financial viability of securities. It's the investor's right and obligation to do so, it's the investors decision in what he wants to invest it, it's the investors decision on whom to trust and whom not to trust. A verification system with various levels is available for each and every security issuer to choose from. If you don't want to be verified, then don't, but this is transparent to the community. Going forward we'll put in a rating system that highlights if or not a security is currently in violation of its contract terms, i.e. its not to be considered a buying or selling recommendation but merely another indicator to consider in the investor's decision making process.

I've spoken to cryptostocks, asking about enabling a method for assets to move from GLBSE easily to there, he had no interest.
The "no interest" is in respect to "take all securities that get bumped of GLBSE". Before we mass migrate securities, I'ld like to get a better understanding on why they are being delisted. If it is only about ToS and verification, then those securities are more than welcome, if it is about proven ponzi schemes and frauds, then needless to say that Cryptostocks doesn't want them either.
As I mentioned above, in general anyone is welcome to list a security. If you need a new home for your security, contact me and I am sure we (Cryptostocks, GLBSE and the security issuer) can work out a workable solution in the interest of the shareholders.

Thank you.
Cryptostocks might be small at the moment, but it seems to improve quite fast and in a good direction.  A Developer Log for example is a good thing. Although the biggest hurdle of leaving the uncertain status to become legitimate, is likely still to come. GLBSE might be the giant here, but their developement is a bit slow, almost as if it is a one man show, sorry. At some point, nefario has to pursue division of labor even more, so that he can concentrate on more important things than goatshitstorms.
Improving communication would be another good step. An E-Mail or a message within its own message system about the fee change for example or even the plan to register in the UK, would have been very pleasant (i know, captain hindsight Wink). It feels like this forum has become to much of a platform for haters with to much free time. Of course, it is open for everyone (good thing) and every thought, in a lot of crazy minds (which is also a good thing, because some of those crazy new thoughts might be the best sometimes). But filtering useful information takes more and more time... So leave the forum for brainshitstorming and communicate more with your own platform please.
MPOE might be "succesful" until now, but I think they are doomed for isolation in the long run, since they show nothing but ignorance towards complains.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
September 26, 2012, 04:25:01 AM
Quote from: GLBSE
But thats not fair to me and other asset holders! We agree,it's not fair to holders of this asset, to other issers [sic], asset holders and GLBSE itself. Delisting is a last measure when trying to deal with problematic asset issuers who are actively trying to damage GLBSE. We have a responsibility to all asset issuers and asset holders on GLBSE, if any one person is doing something that puts everyone else at risk, including GLBSE operators then they have to leave. This is a market we all share, for it to work we must all play nice.

Nefario, I think we're entitled to an explanation of why we weren't given any prior notice. I think you know there is a problem with your action, gathering from the fact that you only respond to trolls here and prefer to answer us users through a notice on GLBSE.
Pages:
Jump to: