Pages:
Author

Topic: TYGRR.* assets on GLBSE delisted. - page 12. (Read 33293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
September 27, 2012, 11:25:06 AM
I'm sure Nefario will be reasonable and work something out once he cools down. He is just upset I would not trade him the "Fake" GLBSE assets. He is just upset and power tripping right now.

Rubbish, your a complete liability to do business with.

Can you explain how he is a liability?   It seems like each time he mentions these "fake" assets that were going to be honored and now they will not, you mention liability.   I work in sales and deal with difficult people all the time but I still deal with them.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
September 27, 2012, 11:17:51 AM
I assume Goat should have copies of his contracts, oh wait, one of them was "Test", looks like I had that one backed up in my brain Smiley If he did things right, they should have been gpg signed, so even if he brings out the copies people can still check to see they are correct.

Now Goat, here are a few simple steps to clear up this mess completely:

1 - Give Nefario a btc address and get your customers money from him.
2 - Go to cryptostocks, open up assets corresponding to the assets you had on GLBSE.
3 - Send out communication to assetholders, put up a big notice on this forum, if you have a website then put a notice there, etc, etc.
4 - Have asset holders provide you with the claim code and a cryptostocks account, transfer them the shares.
5 - Stop whining.

Sure sounds reasonable let's see if we can do this...

Now what do I do if someone uses the code more than once? Since Nefario gave out the codes he will 100% back them correct?

Or what if they don't want a cryptostocks account?

Or I can't reach them?

I can see how it's a frustrating situation, what information were you given? I thought you were given contact emails and usernames too, can these not be used to verify claim codes as well? If more than one person is using the same email address, username, and claim codes then those should be withheld until it can be cleared up, but that's no reason to hold up the rest of them.

To address another concern, if someone uses an email address, claim code, and username to verify with you, and later someone else uses the same information, then they lost control of their account somehow which makes it their problem.  
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 27, 2012, 11:11:38 AM

2 - Go to cryptostocks, open up assets corresponding to the assets you had on GLBSE.
3 - Send out communication to assetholders, put up a big notice on this forum, if you have a website then put a notice there, etc, etc.
4 - Have asset holders provide you with the claim code and a cryptostocks account, transfer them the shares.
5 - Stop whining.

Sure sounds reasonable let's see if we can do this...

Now what do I do if someone uses the code more than once? Since Nefario gave out the codes he will 100% back them correct?

Or what if they don't want a cryptostocks account?

Or I can't reach them?

In your comunications, explain clearly that codes will only be redemable once, to the first party that uses the code, and you are not liable if somebody lost or stole a code. Say something like "any shares not redemed in 3 months will be absorbed by the company". If they do not want a cryptostock account, I suppose they could sell the code to somebody who does.
Activity: 518
September 27, 2012, 10:46:49 AM
I assume Goat should have copies of his contracts, oh wait, one of them was "Test", looks like I had that one backed up in my brain Smiley If he did things right, they should have been gpg signed, so even if he brings out the copies people can still check to see they are correct.

Now Goat, here are a few simple steps to clear up this mess completely:

5 - Stop whining.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
September 27, 2012, 09:47:50 AM
And the wtf just keeps piling on....
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
September 27, 2012, 08:27:19 AM
James McCarthy (GLBSE)

Sep 27 09:10 (HKT)

Hi XXXX,
if the issuer doesn't honor his agreement then you should press for legal action. The agreement is between the issuer and the asset holder. You may consider a group action.

The issuer has been given all the information he needs to identify asset holders and their balances.

Since the asset is no longer on GLBSE we are no longer involved.

GLBSE support.

It seems Nefario is telling people that they should call the police on me. That is a funny joke cuz only GLBSE can prove they ever had the shares.

These guys get to the police station and try to file a report. Police ask them for evidence, they say Nefario deleted it all (including the contracts) and gave them some "code" that no one accepts.

There is no way they can make a claim against me. It is really beyond the point of silliness.

Nefario must not have given the above statement, let alone this entire situation.....a single ounce of thought....LMAO

.....talk about all-time back-fires. I think it's fair to say that you are safe Goat.
legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live
September 27, 2012, 07:35:00 AM
For those interested, there are now Windows Builds of Moneychanger, (a client GUI for Open Transactions)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/moneychanger-windows-builds-out-of-date-77301

Also feel free to join #opentransactions on freenode.   We are more than happy to help people with any issues they may have.
September 27, 2012, 07:24:32 AM
I would recommend people who hold assets of the delisted company, contact the person who is operating the delisted company, as that person is who controls your shares.
Both parties agreed that GLBSE would control who owned the shares. GLBSE gave them to Goat. They're not bearer bonds, they're not "your shares" just because you have a claim code issued by GLBSE. GLBSE has no authority to issue its customers claim codes that Goat must redeem. Goat never agreed to effectively a bearer bond and he certainly never agreed (nor would have under any circumstances) to a scheme where GLBSE issues its customers claim codes that Goat must honor.

What obligations to you are you talking about?
I would assume GLBSE's obligation to secure its customers assets and transfer control of them only as agreed rather than giving them to the issuer without authorization from either party.

The agreement already is between the issuer and the asset holder and glbse doesnt own anything. The codes simply tell goat which amount of shares belongs to which owner and if he really wanted to he could simply setup a new account at another exchange and issue people shares as they redeem the codes.

This is nonsense for multiple reasons, among which is the simple and obvious one that you can't have contracts between unknown parties. The only valid way to treat financials in BTC is as stemming from a contract between the issuer and the exchange (which is to say, the way MPEx does it).

I would also like to know why they were delisted. There should be an official reason if not well who knows who is next. Diablo-D3's operation was unfrozen after a month. No action was taken or explanation on why it was frozen and then unfrozen.

This.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
September 27, 2012, 04:53:41 AM
What is your personal recommendation for people who are holding these shares?
I would recommend people who hold assets of the delisted company, contact the person who is operating the delisted company, as that person is who controls your shares.

A redeeming code I get from GLBSE does not equate a contract Goat and I have signed (digital or otherwise). Your recommendation doesn't seem to be helping with the problem.

But what about GLBSE's obligations to me? I and others will definitely lose time AND money merely because of how this decision is carried out.

GLBSE's obligation of handling the shares I own. The claim code I got doesn't have identical qualities with the representation of shares I owned through GLBSE. Even the potential existence and nature of these codes were unknown prior to this event, probably even by GLBSE.

Never mind that I was exposed to a situation that I had no way of predicting. It is GLBSE's obligation to keep me out of needless trouble. I'm still waiting for an explanation of why these assets were de-listed without prior notice to me. You can argue that the de-listing is Goat's fault, but the fact that I'm wasting time here instead of productive work and the risk that I won't be able to redeem my shares is entirely GLBSE's doing.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 27, 2012, 02:42:39 AM
Thaks Joel, you seem to have made good arguments there for putting each issuer on a separate server-instance, as doing so would allow simply zipping the entire server-instance and sending it to the issuer or having the issuer download it.

They could then simply give it to another hosting company to fire it back up for them so they can themselves take care of migrating its contents over to a new server-contract whose private keys will not be accessible/known to the previous hoster.

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
September 27, 2012, 02:22:26 AM
GLBSE's obligation to companies listed with his exchange, is to handle the accounting of who has what. TYGRR issues, are no longer listed with his exchange, and his exchange no longer handles that accounting.
So GLBSE's obligation is to handle the sole account of who owns what, and they can simply stop handling that accounting any time they want?

Did GLBSE have an obligation to issue the claim codes at all? If not, then you're essentially arguing that GLBSE can abandon its customers (asset holders) any time it wants. If so, then they surely can't satisfy that obligation with a claim scheme that's fundamentally broken.

The claim codes aren't for "redeeming", they are so Goat can match up which shares belong to which asset-holder.
Since that consumes the code, why is that not accurately described as "redeeming"?

Since GLBSE operates with anonymous asset-holders, the claim codes represent the owner of the asset shares. It is up to the asset-holder, to self-identify themselves to Goat, so Goat knows who owns which shares.
The asset holders are anonymous and have to self-identify to get their assets? Nobody has yet proposed any scheme for using the claim codes that works.

The asset shares, were always associated with Goat's issues. They never belonged to, nor were in the possession of, GLBSE. All GLBSE did, was facilitate the trading of other people's shares, and handle the accounting work for the listed issue. Any obligations towards the shares you owned, are between you and the asset-issuer, via the contract they posted.
I agree that the shares were never in the possession of GLBSE.

When a company delists from the NYSE, either voluntary, or through eviction, you may or may not get any warning about it. The company is supplied records showing the last state of trading at the time of the delisting, and the NYSE is no longer involved. The companies would either deal with their shareholders directly, or re-list on another exchange, like the NASDAQ. Companies moving from one exchange to another, or delisting to go private, is not necessarily common, but it isn't unusual either.
Right, but that's only because the NYSE or the NASDAQ don't have any continuing obligation to maintain an accounting of who owns what shares. GLBSE isn't comparable in this regard. Each transaction of a share on GLBSE obligated GLBSE to maintain that ownership record, an obligation to the buyer that I don't think GLBSE can simply abandon. Anonymous exchanges can't work that way.

Being delisted from the GLBSE, just means that the TYGRR issues, are no longer traded through the GLBSE. That's it. It doesn't mean that you've been robbed of your shares, or that Nefario kept them, which he hasn't. Your shares still exist, as they always have, as that is between you and the company/issuer. The only thing that has changed, is it is not as convenient to trade them now as they used to be, since now, essentially, you're dealing with a private company/issue.
Your shares still exist, you simply have no way to prove they're yours to the issuer. That's cold comfort. The claim codes don't work for reasons I've already explained.

Please, explain the redemption scheme that can be used with these codes. I can't figure out any possible scheme. How long does he wait to make sure he doesn't get two claims with the same code? What does he do if he does get two claims? What does he do if someone accuses him of scamming when they present a code that isn't on his list?

And please explain where GLBSE's agreement with either its buyers or its asset owners permitted it to unilaterally decide how the accounting will be perpetuated when a stock is delisted.

Also, the suddenness of the delisting appears to be a major "screw you" to GLBSE's customers. I don't know of any reason such a drastic measure was needed. Trading could have been suspended, all pending orders deleted, a good faith effort made to work out a plan (buyback, redemption, whatever) with Goat, and perhaps trading resumed for a limited period of time (with a warning click through or some such) for people who didn't want to go through a redemption process and risk their anonymity. GLBSE may have good reason not to work with Goat, but they should have put their other customers' interest ahead of that.
Activity: 686
Wat
September 27, 2012, 12:59:15 AM
Both parties agreed that GLBSE would control who owned the shares. GLBSE gave them to Goat. They're not bearer bonds, they're not "your shares" just because you have a claim code issued by GLBSE. GLBSE has no authority to issue its customers claim codes that Goat must redeem. Goat never agreed to effectively a bearer bond and he certainly never agreed (nor would have under any circumstances) to a scheme where GLBSE issues its customers claim codes that Goat must honor.

I would assume GLBSE's obligation to secure its customers assets and transfer control of them only as agreed rather than giving them to the issuer without authorization from either party.

The agreement already is between the issuer and the asset holder and glbse doesnt own anything. The codes simply tell goat which amount of shares belongs to which owner and if he really wanted to he could simply setup a new account at another exchange and issue people shares as they redeem the codes.
Activity: 504
Scattering my bits around the net since 1980
September 27, 2012, 12:49:01 AM
You seriously don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?

You would assume wrong.

GLBSE's obligation to companies listed with his exchange, is to handle the accounting of who has what. TYGRR issues, are no longer listed with his exchange, and his exchange no longer handles that accounting

The claim codes aren't for "redeeming", they are so Goat can match up which shares belong to which asset-holder.

Since GLBSE operates with anonymous asset-holders, the claim codes represent the owner of the asset shares. It is up to the asset-holder, to self-identify themselves to Goat, so Goat knows who owns which shares.

The asset shares, were always associated with Goat's issues. They never belonged to, nor were in the possession of, GLBSE. All GLBSE did, was facilitate the trading of other people's shares, and handle the accounting work for the listed issue. Any obligations towards the shares you owned, are between you and the asset-issuer, via the contract they posted.

All of the companies that trade via the NYSE, don't give their shares to the NYSE, and the NYSE doesn't handle the shares themselves. They just handle the accounting and match buy and sell orders, and facilitate the transaction between the 2 third parties that want to exchange the shares between each other.

At no time, does the NYSE keep the shares in their possession. The listed companies get the lists of transactions, showing which shares were traded, and between who. (although, it is typically brokers in this case)

When a company delists from the NYSE, either voluntary, or through eviction, you may or may not get any warning about it. The company is supplied records showing the last state of trading at the time of the delisting, and the NYSE is no longer involved. The companies would either deal with their shareholders directly, or re-list on another exchange, like the NASDAQ. Companies moving from one exchange to another, or delisting to go private, is not necessarily common, but it isn't unusual either.

Being delisted from the GLBSE, just means that the TYGRR issues, are no longer traded through the GLBSE. That's it. It doesn't mean that you've been robbed of your shares, or that Nefario kept them, which he hasn't. Your shares still exist, as they always have, as that is between you and the company/issuer. The only thing that has changed, is it is not as convenient to trade them now as they used to be, since now, essentially, you're dealing with a private company/issue.

-- Smoov
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
September 27, 2012, 12:30:29 AM

Activity: 504
Scattering my bits around the net since 1980
September 26, 2012, 11:41:57 PM
Why do you keep opening up GLBSE to such liability and bad publicity?
Not in my eyes. Actually this raises credibility of GLBSE.
How? The problem isn't de-listing of a company, it's how it's done. What is your personal recommendation for people who are holding these shares?
Failure to meet obligations of SE can lead to delisting. SE is private held and its private relationship. SE has right to end relationship anytime (when there are justifiable reasons).
Of course. But what about GLBSE's obligations to me? I and others will definitely lose time AND money merely because of how this decision is carried out.

-- Smoov
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
September 26, 2012, 03:55:26 PM

How? The problem isn't de-listing of a company, it's how it's done. What is your personal recommendation for people who are holding these shares?

Failure to meet obligations of SE can lead to delisting. SE is private held and its private relationship. SE has right to end relationship anytime (when there are justifiable reasons).

Of course. But what about GLBSE's obligations to me? I and others will definitely lose time AND money merely because of how this decision is carried out.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
September 26, 2012, 02:58:43 PM

Good luck nefario!
donator
Activity: 588
September 26, 2012, 02:46:21 PM
Ahh, if only GLBSE was based on gpg signatures, like the real exchange is. In that case all these problems wouldn't exist, would they.

What other exchange? You mean the pedophile exchange?
September 26, 2012, 02:40:12 PM
Ahh, if only GLBSE was based on gpg signatures, like the real exchange is. In that case all these problems wouldn't exist, would they.
Activity: 686
Wat
September 26, 2012, 10:10:01 AM
GLBSE issuers cannot honor their contracts without the assistance of GLBSE. They do no know who the asset holders are, and so cannot pay them.

Which is why IMHO the optimal solution is some cryptographic based smart property type system.  Now asset owners and shareholders could CHOOSE to use a smart-property compatible exchange for ease and liquidity but that wouldn't be a requirement.  The shareholder-asset-owner relationship should be able to survive the removal of the exchange.

I mean lets step back.  What happens tomorrow if Nefario is arrested by the UK equivelent of the SEC and the servers seized?  Is the answer "Oops?".

While he may be arrested the glbse data is backed up in several different places from what I understand. Whether another developer can operate the exchange is a different story though.
Pages:
Jump to: