Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 214: Cormier vs Jones 2 Info and Prediction Thread - page 6. (Read 3529 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
This fight will be huge, I can't wait. There's also the Mayweater Macgregor superfight, and Golovkin Canelo is also coming soon. So many huge fights this summer, good year for the fighting game. I don't know who to bet for.

comeon Macgregor he is still better for all in my balance <3
im sure this summer so much fun on the ring yayy
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
This fight will be huge, I can't wait. There's also the Mayweater Macgregor superfight, and Golovkin Canelo is also coming soon. So many huge fights this summer, good year for the fighting game. I don't know who to bet for.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Yup.  Coach Zahabi is really good in breaking down fights but he kinda sucks in making predictions tho.  In case you guys didn't know he's GSP's head coach.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
@Hydrogen that was a really good break down of the first fight and thanks for sharing that link,yes the clinch game is really important and i am sure this fight will be better than the first one,Jones is coming back after a long break and he looked jacked,i am not sure how that will reflect in his game but i expect we could see the best Jones.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
BJJ Scout released a good breakdown of Jones Vs Cormier clinch & hand fighting in the first fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq96XmBWSn4

All of BJJ Scout's videos are A+ imo.

Probably the best at breaking down wrestling/grappling. The best that releases videos and shares everything they know publicly anyway.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 373
<------

Daniel Cormier looks like he has white eyes like a Mortal Kombat character like Subzero lol.

The buildup is great, I want to see the press conference and see them go at it, but right now the Mayweather and McGregor press conferences are being one of the most entertaining I have seen. Conor rocked Mayweather on stage yesterday, but Mayweather also got some good ones.

I honestly find Mayweather lacking with the trash talking.  He doesn't know how, and that's weird considering that black people are really good at it.  He's behind McGregor in promoting this fight by a mile. 

Jones seems to be in denial about having a substance abuse issue. More than 5 years of DUI's, car wrecks and positive cocaine tests & he still doesn't appear to recognize there's a problem there. He could be an addict.

Does anyone laugh about this card having 3 title fights on it because everyone is afraid Jon Jones will make a bad decision and not be able to fight? That's hilarious to me.

Good point!  Is there a prop bet for the Jones pulling out again.  Cheesy

Mayweather made Conor look back yesterday in the New York City conference. Conor is overplaying his character and looked out of character. Mayweather clowned him calling him Dana White's bitch and throwing him 1 dollar bills like a cheap stripper.

Why talk about a different match that is off topic? This is the thread for Jones and Cormier. Go talk about other match in their thread.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001
still on fire only had one bet santiago ponzinibbio!

this card im not to sure yet need to see the lines but i think woodly will be my main bet
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
@Hydrogen UFC 214 is already a stacked card and i dont think they will include Valentina and Nunes in this card but to be fair with Valentina they should put her in that fight card as she trained really hard for the title fight and i really thought Valentina could win that fight and since there is no fight card in August i think we will have to wait till September.

Yeah. I don't think they should include it as well. They should have put the two in a separate event headlining them. Nunes has a lot of mental issues and she should have first overcome it before getting into the ring otherwise we will that as an excuse if ever she looses to Valentina. I hope that the fight can really push through because its gonna be a good fight, IMHO.
@Hydrogen UFC 214 is already a stacked card and i dont think they will include Valentina and Nunes in this card but to be fair with Valentina they should put her in that fight card as she trained really hard for the title fight and i really thought Valentina could win that fight and since there is no fight card in August i think we will have to wait till September.
legendary
Bellator 181 main card starts in around 3 hours from the timestamp on this post if I got the time right.

If they re-scheduled Valentina Shevchenko vs Amanda Nunes for UFC 214 it would have 4 title fights.

Its been awhile since Luke Rockhold or Tony Ferguson fought. Wonder when some of those big names will be stepping back into the cage.

Omg, they should have done that!  It's just around three weeks away from the day they're supposed to fight.  I think Nunes would be more ready by then.  She shouldn't be getting away with all her BS.
legendary
Bellator 181 main card starts in around 3 hours from the timestamp on this post if I got the time right.

If they re-scheduled Valentina Shevchenko vs Amanda Nunes for UFC 214 it would have 4 title fights.

Its been awhile since Luke Rockhold or Tony Ferguson fought. Wonder when some of those big names will be stepping back into the cage.
legendary

Daniel Cormier looks like he has white eyes like a Mortal Kombat character like Subzero lol.

The buildup is great, I want to see the press conference and see them go at it, but right now the Mayweather and McGregor press conferences are being one of the most entertaining I have seen. Conor rocked Mayweather on stage yesterday, but Mayweather also got some good ones.

I honestly find Mayweather lacking with the trash talking.  He doesn't know how, and that's weird considering that black people are really good at it.  He's behind McGregor in promoting this fight by a mile. 

Jones seems to be in denial about having a substance abuse issue. More than 5 years of DUI's, car wrecks and positive cocaine tests & he still doesn't appear to recognize there's a problem there. He could be an addict.

Does anyone laugh about this card having 3 title fights on it because everyone is afraid Jon Jones will make a bad decision and not be able to fight? That's hilarious to me.

Mayweather made Conor look back yesterday in the New York City conference. Conor is overplaying his character and looked out of character. Mayweather clowned him calling him Dana White's bitch and throwing him 1 dollar bills like a cheap stripper.
legendary

legendary

legendary
Official trailer and extended preview are now out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8lL0EItUvU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwjELWV4mMI

Can't wait for this one. I can't decide who im betting for... I may not even bet and just watch the fight without the stress of risking real money.

Hehe.  you beat me to it.  Thanks for posting.  And I changed the original post btw.  Look at the event poster, looks really good.  I wish I could get a real one, frame it and get it displayed it in my office.

legendary

Can't wait for this one. I can't decide who im betting for... I may not even bet and just watch the fight without the stress of risking real money.

Hehe.  you beat me to it.  Thanks for posting.  And I changed the original post btw.  Look at the event poster, looks really good.  I wish I could get a real one, frame it and get it displayed it in my office.

legendary

^ Exactly.  For the odds they're laying on Jones + his absence and his personal problems, I'd rather take Cormier here.  Seems like the bookies are over rating Jones right now.  Let's see how the lines move as the event comes closer.
The only reason the bookies are favoring Jones is simply because he is the best fighter who stepped into the octagon and even in the first fight DC was in prime shape and still he could not do anything to Jones and that is the only reason the odds are in favor of Jones. They really hate each other and i am sure both fighters will prepare to their best of their ability.

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
We have more info on this one already:

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-214?id=

I already picked up my winners

D Cormier vs Jon Jones: DC wins
Woodley vs Maia: Woodley wins
Cyborg vs Evinger: Cyborg wins
Lawler vs Cerrone: Cerrone wins
Sage Northcut vs Magdesi: Northcut wins

I have no idea about the rest so im not picking any sides.

Im going for DC because Jon Jones has fucked up so many times with drugs, that DC will win either by DQ on jones, or by Jones underperforming due his head being a mess, and you can't make a single mistake with DC or it's over.

Jon Jones problem is substance abuse. Alcohol, cocaine, whatever. DC's problem seems to be controlling his eating. Maybe DC is similar to Johny Hendricks. I'm not certain how that will go down. DC looked a lot better fighting Rumble Johnson than Jon Jones looked fighting Ovince St Preux.

Didn't realize Sage Northcutt was fighting. That guy does a good job with his social media and self promotion. I think that's why he gets paid more than other athletes. Sage Northcutt has about twice as many twitter followers as Gegard Mousasi. If only he could do better in his fights.

The only chance to turn his life arround is to win this match, get totally clean and never have a single mistake ever again. The fans will not tolerate another show. If he gets disqualified in UFC 214 because of traces of coke found or whatnot, his career is over. I don't think Dana White is stupid enough to give him another chance. It's pretty much over if he makes another mistake.

Sage Northcutt looks like a Ken or something. He must have so many female fans. Good looking people have it a lot easier in social media. Now he just needs to not get his ass kicked to continue cashing in on that.
legendary
^ Exactly.  For the odds they're laying on Jones + his absence and his personal problems, I'd rather take Cormier here.  Seems like the bookies are over rating Jones right now.  Let's see how the lines move as the event comes closer.
Pages:
Jump to: