Pages:
Author

Topic: [UFC 219: Cyborg vs Holm. NEW EVENT!] The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 3. (Read 784 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
Lineker is out with a tooth infection. Looks like Marc Diakiese VS Dan Hooker is the replacement.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
@bbc.reporter there is no doubt that Cyborg would have smoked Ronda if they fought in her prime,the problem with Ronda is that she won all of her fights with her take down and submission and not with her striking but with Holly she tried to stand with her and got smoked and she could not stand a chance with Cyborg. With Holly and Cyborg ,i would like to see whether Holly could be the legend killer who defeats invincible fighters.Cyborg has not shown all of her skill sets because she was winning the fights easily,lets see whether Holly could drag this fight to the later rounds.
I agree with this, Rhonda is good with her ground and pound game but she needs to improve more on her striking skills. She really looked bad with her fight with Nunez. She has the heart to continue fighting but her skills cannot match the striking skills of Nunez. If you look at the starts of Holm and Cyborg, both fighters are good with striking and take down defense so with might see a short fight this coming Saturday.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
^ Damn I forgot about this event.  Lol.  I don't care about it much except for the bout with Khabib.  Let's see what's next for him if he wins his bout vs Barboza.

Anyway, here are a couple of videos to get you guys pumped (somewhat lol) for the event.

UFC 219:  Countdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n1PN6bd5Jk

UFC 219:  Inside the Octagon.  Cyborg vs Holm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUEE1kQSMqg

UFC 219 Embedded:  Vlog Series Episode 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xH4u0NLuk4

UFC 219 Embedded:  Vlog Series Episode 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhvzsKnV-LE

Enjoy!  Wink
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ
any vlog yet for ufc 219 ?
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
Ronda did not try to win by striking versus Holly Holm.It was Holly who made sure that Ronda did not get a hold of her on the clinch. Also, the problem of Ronda's team was they did not have a plan B in case plan A did not work.

It was also the same on her fight versus Amanda Nunes, I reckon.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
@bbc.reporter there is no doubt that Cyborg would have smoked Ronda if they fought in her prime,the problem with Ronda is that she won all of her fights with her take down and submission and not with her striking but with Holly she tried to stand with her and got smoked and she could not stand a chance with Cyborg. With Holly and Cyborg ,i would like to see whether Holly could be the legend killer who defeats invincible fighters.Cyborg has not shown all of her skill sets because she was winning the fights easily,lets see whether Holly could drag this fight to the later rounds.
legendary
@gabmen. If the Cyborg and Ronda fought during Ronda's prime, I reckon Ronda would have lost and would have her style and strategy exposed in the same way Holly Holm and Amanda Nunes exposed her.

She is not the problem, her coach, Edmond Tarverdyan, is. No one knows why she does not leave his gym. Also, if Edmond was a cryptocoin, he is a scam ICO token hehehe.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
If I am not wrong, Cyborg is yet to lose a fight in the MMA. On the other hand, Holly Holm lost three matches consecutively (including UFC 209), before defeating Bethe Correia at UFC Fight Night 111. I am going to bet on Cyborg. On the other hand, Edson Barboza vs Khabib Nurmagomedov is going to be a tough call. I'd rather skip this one.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Two women that sits right up there in the womens division. These two were the ones that can put up wel with rhonda rousey during her prime and its unfortunate that cyborg wasn't in the ufc then.
legendary
Thread update for the new event guys, check it out!  And I didn't know that Dominic Cruz was supposed to be in this event.  I should pay more attention next time.  Anyway it would have been nice to see him in the octagon again...

I'll be posting some pre fight videos later or tomorrow.
legendary
I'll wait and see how Khabib performs vs Barboza before doing any ratings.  Sometimes it feels like Khabib 'the Eagle', who wrestled bears when he was a kid (LOL), is overrated.  The bout vs Ferguson would have been his real test.  Too bad he chickened out.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
I mean the card is decent, nothing worth for me to stay up watching it live let alone paying for it, but I want to see the Khabib fight, hopefully he remains undefeated. He shouldn't much problems with Barboza. I really want to see how he does against Conor. Conor has abnormally long arms with insane reach, Khabib has short t-rex arms, Conor is one of best strikers in UFC, Khabib is one of the best in the ground. A nice chess match between two warriors. The problem is Conor needs to fight Ferguson fight, and if he loses it would suck, so hopefully both Khabib and Conor get their next fights right to meet after that in an epic card.
legendary
Hey guys, just dropping by to post a couple of vids in preparation for UFC 219.  I know the card isn't that great, but what can we do?  At least we get to see Khabib fight again.  Let's see what he can do vs Barboza.

Enjoy the vids!

UFC 219 Free Fight:  Cris Cyborg vs Leslie Smith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65o86ZrjINA

UFC 219 Free Fight:  Holly Holm vs Bethe Correia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnQsLPTFD3c
legendary
^ This is the new thread for all the upcoming events, I just change the original post and add the event title between the brackets.  Smiley

And I agree on your analysis for the most part.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Here are some of the upcoming events that have been booked as confirmed recently.  But they still might be subject to change as we've seen happen in the past.

Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm at UFC 219.   Undecided

Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou at UFC 220.  Smiley

Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold at UFC 221.  Smiley

Did you made threads for these already?

UFC 219 and UFC 220 main cards are pretty solid. I think Cyborg will smash Holm unfortunately, and I think Ngannou will end Miocic's win streak, that guy is a monster... but Miocic is a real viking, it will be a clash of titans. Ngannou put to sleep Overeem so easy to the other day, I remember watching Miocic vs Overeem and he had some problems until he took him out, we'll what happens. And I just saw DC is fighting again on 220, that's pretty nice. The guy was devastated after the Bones fight. I think he will win Volk and he will continue fighting hoping to fight Bones again eventually. Oh and Khabib is fighting in 219, may throw a couple bucks on this one for a win, should be easy money.
legendary
Here are some of the upcoming events that have been booked as confirmed recently.  But they still might be subject to change as we've seen happen in the past.

Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm at UFC 219.   Undecided

Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou at UFC 220.  Smiley

Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold at UFC 221.  Smiley
legendary
@eaLiTy. Tyron Woodley versus GSP will not happen. Tyron's original plan was to move up to middleweight and challenge GSP there, but if you have not heard, GSP has vacated the belt and the middleweight division. His plans for the future are also still unknown.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
I haven't watched the bouts yet but I heard Lawler was totally domainated by RDA.  I guess it's back to the drawing board for him.
Edit:  So does that give RDA a title shot against the Wood? 
It was a title eliminator bout and he will be facing Tyron Woodly for the championship bout and i really do not give RDA any chance against Tyron as he is too strong in the division and i am sure he will manhandle him,unless RDA has a game plan against his wild striking and take down defense,Tryon was aiming for GSP for a big money fight but he is not interested in facing Tryon so,he will be facing RDA next.
legendary
I haven't watched the bouts yet but I heard Lawler was totally domainated by RDA.  I guess it's back to the drawing board for him.

Anyway, here are the results.

Edit:  So does that give RDA a title shot against the Wood? 
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001
my pics for this card

Robbie Lawler
Glover Teixeira
Jan Blachowicz
Pages:
Jump to: