Pages:
Author

Topic: [UFC 219: Cyborg vs Holm. NEW EVENT!] The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 4. (Read 784 times)

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
I think the new owners are giving a good fight for free,as we have Robbie Lawler and Rafael Dos Anjos one of the top fights in the entire card ,i am going with Robbie Lawler in this encounter but this encounter as Dos Anjos is fighting at a heavier weight class and the next fight i am interested is Glover Teixeira ,at one time he was unstoppable and i thought he could pose a serious challenge to Jon Jones until they fought  Cheesy ,he is on his down slide after that fight and i would like to see how Misha is as an upcoming prospect.

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
I didn't catch the Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux fight. Lomachenko is a massive and underrated talent. That's the impression I get from watching his previous fights.

One interesting thing to note, I think Vasyl Lomachenko has competed in sambo and wrestling in the past and done very well in both. There's a chance Lomachenko could make a move to MMA to fight in the 125 lb division against Demetrious Johnson. If Lomachenko was bigger he might have fought Conor McGregor in MMA.

I was thinking Conor McGregor's career could be over after he suffered cardio issues in his 1st fight with Nate Diaz despite not cutting weight to fight @ 170 lbs. Physically there could be something wrong with Conor that is hurting his cardio and his career might be over.

I don't think Loma should step into the octagon... unless he gets a massive payday, I would stick to what I do best (boxing) and then just keep racking up victories. Having to train MMA can be too distracting from your ongoing boxing career and you don't want to mess with your track record. But like I said, if the money is right... I guess it would make sense, but I doubt UFC can offer bigger deals than showtime boxing.

Btw Mayweather has left a rumor of him doing a 3 or 4 fight contract with the UFC for a billion dollars recently... he could be trolling or not who knows.

Is he serious?  A fight contract in the UFC?.  Lol.  I would happily pay  to see get his ass get kicked and handed to him.  I hope somewhere along the way he'll face McGregor in the octagon.

That guy doesn't know what he getting into...  But to his credit, if he was 10 years younger and with the proper training, I think he can do it.

Who is to say? he is an huge troll, you never know when he is playing or he is serious about it. I think he is just letting it in the air, he will monitor how people react... then he will make the right moves.

Honestly, it doesn't sound that bad. If the money is on the billions... it's a couple fights, and your boxing record would still remain perfect. If he losses at MMA so what? he is still a boxing legend.

The problem I see is, if he gets brutally beaten up by some of the MMA barbarians.. it could make his whole brand look bad, even if his boxing record remains unmatched... that's something one should leverage and see if it's worth the billion dollar payday in the long term.

But it sounds uberly stupid tho.  A low ranked UFC fighter can f*ck him up good, never mind McGregor. Cheesy

Anyway, back to the event at hand tomorrow guys.  Here's a vid of the weigh ins and the weight of each fighter. Both Lawler and RDA are looking good.  It's time to throw leather!

UFC on Fox 26:  Official Weigh-ins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGGcsMj1W7Y

Robbie Lawler (170.5) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (170)
Ricardo Lamas (146) vs. Josh Emmett (148.5*)
Santiago Ponzinibbio (170.5) vs. Mike Perry (170)
Glover Teixeira (205) vs. Misha Cirkunov (205.5)
Jan Blachowicz (205.5) vs. Jared Cannonier (204)
Darren Stewart (185.5) vs. Julian Marquez (185)
Chad Laprise (170.5) vs. Galore Bofando (170)
Nordine Taleb (170.5) vs. Danny Roberts (170.5)
John Makdessi (153) vs. Abel Trujillo (155.5)
Alessio Di Chirico (185) vs. Oluwale Bamgbose (184.5)
Erick Silva (170.5) vs. Jordan Mein (169)
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
The problem I see is, if he gets brutally beaten up by some of the MMA barbarians.. it could make his whole brand look bad, even if his boxing record remains unmatched... that's something one should leverage and see if it's worth the billion dollar payday in the long term.
It is a hot topic now and Floyd himself opened the Pandora box of speculation that he got a billion dollar fight offer from the UFC ,he might try this once against Conor McGregor and it might be a reality because they knew a showdown between the two will be big business and Floyd moving to MMA will be another spectacle that could bring in big money and i am sure he might try this once.
Today we have UFC on FOX 26 and i am going with Ricardo Lamas and Jared Cannonier.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
I didn't catch the Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux fight. Lomachenko is a massive and underrated talent. That's the impression I get from watching his previous fights.

One interesting thing to note, I think Vasyl Lomachenko has competed in sambo and wrestling in the past and done very well in both. There's a chance Lomachenko could make a move to MMA to fight in the 125 lb division against Demetrious Johnson. If Lomachenko was bigger he might have fought Conor McGregor in MMA.

I was thinking Conor McGregor's career could be over after he suffered cardio issues in his 1st fight with Nate Diaz despite not cutting weight to fight @ 170 lbs. Physically there could be something wrong with Conor that is hurting his cardio and his career might be over.

I don't think Loma should step into the octagon... unless he gets a massive payday, I would stick to what I do best (boxing) and then just keep racking up victories. Having to train MMA can be too distracting from your ongoing boxing career and you don't want to mess with your track record. But like I said, if the money is right... I guess it would make sense, but I doubt UFC can offer bigger deals than showtime boxing.

Btw Mayweather has left a rumor of him doing a 3 or 4 fight contract with the UFC for a billion dollars recently... he could be trolling or not who knows.

Is he serious?  A fight contract in the UFC?.  Lol.  I would happily pay  to see get his ass get kicked and handed to him.  I hope somewhere along the way he'll face McGregor in the octagon.

That guy doesn't know what he getting into...  But to his credit, if he was 10 years younger and with the proper training, I think he can do it.

Who is to say? he is an huge troll, you never know when he is playing or he is serious about it. I think he is just letting it in the air, he will monitor how people react... then he will make the right moves.

Honestly, it doesn't sound that bad. If the money is on the billions... it's a couple fights, and your boxing record would still remain perfect. If he losses at MMA so what? he is still a boxing legend.

legendary

Is he serious?  A fight contract in the UFC?.  Lol.  I would happily pay  to see get his ass get kicked and handed to him.  I hope somewhere along the way he'll face McGregor in the octagon.

That guy doesn't know what he getting into...  But to his credit, if he was 10 years younger and with the proper training, I think he can do it.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Me too. Its easier i think to shift from mma to boxing than from boxing to mma. Lomachenko is already doing really well in boxing and if i were him, i'm not going to get myself the same result as what conor had in boxing
legendary

legendary
Hey guys, RDA vs Lawler this weekend, check out the first post!  This is one of the more decent non PPV main events imo.  No...  It's actually great!  Let's see how Lawler overcomes RDA, that's if he can.  I love Lawler, but I don't thnk he has the chin to withstand someone like RDA anymore.

Here are some videos to pump you up!  Grin

Fight Night Winnipeg: Road to the Octagon - Full Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSCQFjuLAz0

MMA Pros Pick - Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael Dos Anjos (UFC on FOX 26)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjafWNnWKR8

Toe to Toe Picks - Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael Dos Anjos (UFC on FOX 26)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khK8fiKjg7k
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
Something to look forward in February 2018, UFC 221 Mark Hunt will return to fight Curtis Blaydes. I haven't seen any fight of Curtis Blaydes yet. He is coming out from 2 consecutive wins this year but looking down at his fight history, Curtis Blaydes lost to Francis Ngannou (yes the one who stopped Alistair Overeem in Round 1 in UFC 218) last year.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

legendary
Looks like nobody made a thread about Lomachenko vs Rigondeoux fight... not many boxing fans here?

Did anyone bet anything on that? I did and I won, just a bit for fun, to make it more exciting. I trusted Lomachenko to continue with his win streak. He made Rigo quit. The hand thing looked like an excuse. Loma is just too skilled, and maybe too big for Rigo. I think haters now are stopping to consider Loma a hype job... I think if he keeps winning big names he will be considered one of the best of all time and a boxing genius. It's early to say tho.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
@nydiacaskey01. Conor knows how to be in the news headlines without fighting hehehe. True or not, he will use it to extend his notorious image and sell more tickets and PPV subscriptions in his upcoming fights.

Another conspiracy theory is he might use it to avoid fighting indefinitely until he and his family can make sure of their safety.

In any case, his next fights will surely be making a great deal of money for the UFC.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
I can't wait to see Conor McGregor again in the octagon, I just hope his mindset is not destroyed after losing vs Mayweather in the ring... he has been doing some crazy shit like being involved in some mafia stuff, or he wanting to right a ref in Belator. I hope he isn't doing coke and fucking hookers like crazy as he did after his Nate Diaz loss. He was able to come back from that, I think he will come back from his last defeat and he'll beat Ferguson.
Conor McGregor have too much in his head lately and I hope that Irish Mafia issue that he bumped into is just a publicity stunt or else he might end up always watching his back whenever he roam Ireland. People around him are afraid that he might explode and be like Jon Jones minus the prohibited drugs running into troubles after another trouble.
legendary
Some good news (or rumor) for McGregor fans.  According to former UFC fighter, now MMA pundit Kenny Florian, a bout between Ferguson vs McGregor will happen on March!  Finally, we can see these guys throw leather!  And is it just me, or has McGregor's 'mystic' and his being 'invulnerable' slowly going away?

I think Ferguson has a good chance here.

Conor McGregor finally defends title against Ferguson in March?
https://youtu.be/kXXiqAUYhDk?t=285

Here's a nice Mindsmash video.  Enjoy.

Conor McGregor Vs Tony Ferguson | Strengths & Weaknesses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Madn1swph94

I can't wait to see Conor McGregor again in the octagon, I just hope his mindset is not destroyed after losing vs Mayweather in the ring... he has been doing some crazy shit like being involved in some mafia stuff, or he wanting to right a ref in Belator. I hope he isn't doing coke and fucking hookers like crazy as he did after his Nate Diaz loss. He was able to come back from that, I think he will come back from his last defeat and he'll beat Ferguson.
legendary
Some good news (or rumor) for McGregor fans.  According to former UFC fighter, now MMA pundit Kenny Florian, a bout between Ferguson vs McGregor will happen on March!  Finally, we can see these guys throw leather!  And is it just me, or has McGregor's 'mystic' and his being 'invulnerable' slowly going away?

I think Ferguson has a good chance here.

Conor McGregor finally defends title against Ferguson in March?
https://youtu.be/kXXiqAUYhDk?t=285

Here's a nice Mindsmash video.  Enjoy.

Conor McGregor Vs Tony Ferguson | Strengths & Weaknesses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Madn1swph94
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Good thing I skipped betting this card, I would have gotten wrecked.

Can't agree with some of the judges decisions. Brian Ortega got busted for steroids awhile ago. Don't know if that has anything to do with his guillotine squeeze being powerful. But yeah Brian Ortega was one of the blackhouse guys who tested positive for steroids. He's in that group with Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, Kevin Casey and I think there might be a few others from that MMA gym who tested positive. Not to throw shade or say anything negative about Ortega, but for those who bet on MMA, or want objective analysis it is a valid point. The reason Ortega has so many 3rd round finishes could be due to him using steroids and pacing himself to avoid gasing out or tiring prematurely the way some steroids users do.

If Brian Ortega is in a 5 round fight, we'll be able to see what his cardio looks like & maybe see if that positive steroid test to his name has an effect.

I just saw Aldo vs Holloway yesterday, and it was a good fight but what the hell was Aldo thinking at the end? he thought he was Mayweather with all these dodging, but he ended up eating too many punches.

I think Jose Aldo was tired by the end of round 1. He tried to slow down the pace of the fight with his leg kicks to make his cardio last all 5 rounds but it didn't work. In the 2nd Jose Aldo versus Frankie Edgar fight, Aldo only fights the last 1-2 minutes of all 5 rounds. Aldo coasts the first 2-3 minutes of all 5 rounds and Frankie lets him get away with it, which is why Frankie loses the fight. Aldo has had cardio issues for years now. If someone presses Aldo and doesn't give him time to rest, it seems like he'll definitely hit a wall with his endurance where he'll tire out & have nothing.
legendary
I just saw Aldo vs Holloway yesterday, and it was a good fight but what the hell was Aldo thinking at the end? he thought he was Mayweather with all these dodging, but he ended up eating too many punches.

And Overeem vs Predator... insane uppercut. Overeem went to sleep and should wake up thinking about retirement, but he says he will continue fighting. I hope he doesn't end up like Crocop.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
my only bet is Cub Swanson

Yup same.  Too bad he lost vs a guillotine on the second round.  Sucks...  But the good thing about it is we have new blood rising.  I'm looking forward in seeing Ortega take one or two more fights before challenging for the belt.

Anyway, here are results of the event:

Cub was winning, at least the way I see it until that unfortunate guillotine by Ortega. I agree, its could that we have fresh blood in the division, needs couple of fights to see if he is real or just another hype fighter. This win makes it 5 straight for me. So more likely he will be given a chance to fight for the belt.

Cub on Ortega's choke: "I felt like I was going to die,” Swanson said at the post fight news conference.". That's one hell of a  choke. To be honest, I wasn't able to watch the fight live, probably will take a YT high lights later.

@Lionidas, I think you got it wrong my friend. It should be the other way around.
@bbc.reporter, I think its a honest mistake. Let us give him the benefit of the doubt.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
@Lionidas. Cub Swanson to put Brian Ortega into retirement? Brian is a rising star and he is undefeated. In contrast, Cub is 34 years old and beginning to be in the ebb of his waning career. I reckon you read the situation wrong hehehe.

@eaLiTy. Maybe he was trolling?
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
This should be a good match and might put Ortega into retirement.
The result was the other way around,this fight put him in the fight fans and gave him good exposure ,he was under the radar for sometime and even i was skeptical with his submission skills on top level fighters but he proved otherwise with Cub and he locked him up with a beautiful roller at the later minutes of the first round and right then i knew he could lock Cub when ever he wanted. Then it was shocking to see the impact of the kick that knocked Aljamain Sterling,knee to the face,it was brutal as Marlon Moraes timed it to perfection.
Pages:
Jump to: