Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 232: Jones vs Gustafsson 2 Prediction and Info Thread - page 2. (Read 1145 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
Anyone watch the Preliminary fight BJ Penn vs Ryan Hall? It's the 6th straight loss for Hall of Famer BJ Penn and its the first time that BJ Penn was defeated via submission. I think its about time that BJ Penn retires. he has nothing to prove anymore. He may have a lot of fights left that his body can withstand but the younger generation of fighters nowadays are different from his era when his name is one of the feared fighters in the octagon.
copper member
Activity: 130
Merit: 67
@peter0425. Read the news sometimes. Dana already said that there will be no rematch because Amanda Nunes dominated Chris Cyborg. He would be creating a different storyboard if the fight was so close, however. But we have what we have hehehe.

It's possible there will be a rematch but soon. I read an article that Cyborg wants an immediate rematch from Amanda Nunes as she said "of course"
but Dana White don't think this is the right time. He's figuring out what's next for Cyborg before the rematch. I would like also to pay to have the their rematch soon not immediately.

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
@peter0425. Read the news sometimes. Dana already said that there will be no rematch because Amanda Nunes dominated Chris Cyborg. He would be creating a different storyboard if the fight was so close, however. But we have what we have hehehe.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
Amanda Nunes only needed 51 seconds to finish this fight that took 1 year in the making. Based on the recent interview of Amanda Nunes, she prepared a lot for this fight and did not just accept the fight if she is not 100%. Cris Cyborg on the other hand might have taken for granted this fight but after this fight, I don't think she will retire as she announced earlier.
Looks like Amanda really prepared and very positive that the outcome will be on her favor. Just look at the weigh-ins, she is laughing and enjoying every moment specially when she won the fight. As if there's no real pressure on her shoulder. Miesha Tate says that she is the hardest puncher she ever face and this fight proves that. I also don't think that Cris Cyborg will retire as well, she will go back to the drawing boards and a re-match is possible.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
Amanda Nunes is a monster though, I was shocked that she didn't even gave the Cyborg any chance, and that overhand right was the killer, first time we have seen Cris Cyborg being dominated like this for a long time.
Amanda Nunes only needed 51 seconds to finish this fight that took 1 year in the making. Based on the recent interview of Amanda Nunes, she prepared a lot for this fight and did not just accept the fight if she is not 100%. Cris Cyborg on the other hand might have taken for granted this fight but after this fight, I don't think she will retire as she announced earlier.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Sooner or later I think as much as we don't like to see a trilogy between the two, we will eventually see them fight again. I don't see anyone at LHW that can remotely beat Jones. The closest is Gus but we have seen what he did. Perhaps Jones will go up to HW and challenge DC and prove he is one of the greatest. Amanda Nunes is a monster though, I was shocked that she didn't even gave the Cyborg any chance, and that overhand right was the killer, first time we have seen Cris Cyborg being dominated like this for a long time.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
What a great event!
I was a bit disappointed with Gustafsson, I expected better from him. He had a lot of time to prepare for that fight but he didn't show much improvement. Jones is just out of this league. His fighting is so unorthodox and unpredictable, so much fun to watch.
I usually don't watch womens' fights but I had to make an exception for this one. Lots of energy there, in the octagon and in the crowd. This was the real main event.
I also enjoyed the Chiesa / Condit fight with all those grappling exchanges. Very interesting to watch.
But the best fight for me was the Mendes / Volkanovski one. It was war. A couple of times, I thought Mendes was gonna take this one.
Overall, a fun night.

^  Yup Mendes vs Volkanovski was awesome...  It was the fight of the night (deservingly).  Smiley

So...  Any prospects for LHW to challenge Jones?  I don't think there's anyone else except Cormier.  Lol.  
I don't want to see another rematch with DC. Plus he already relinquished his LHW prior to the fight and Jones said he doesn't want to fight DC in HW.

I was hoping to see more by Gustafsson, but what can I say? Jon Jones is too good. He did exactly what he needed given what happened on the first fight. He neutered Gustafsson's superior boxing skills by using his long range, tons of kicks, too much wear and tear on the body, Gustafsson was crippled by the end of the second round. He surprised him with the takedown and then it was over.

DC has nowhere to go right now. What can he do? He was called out, I think we'll see a rematch in LHW or HW.
What a great event!
I was a bit disappointed with Gustafsson, I expected better from him. He had a lot of time to prepare for that fight but he didn't show much improvement. Jones is just out of this league. His fighting is so unorthodox and unpredictable, so much fun to watch.
I usually don't watch womens' fights but I had to make an exception for this one. Lots of energy there, in the octagon and in the crowd. This was the real main event.
I also enjoyed the Chiesa / Condit fight with all those grappling exchanges. Very interesting to watch.
But the best fight for me was the Mendes / Volkanovski one. It was war. A couple of times, I thought Mendes was gonna take this one.
Overall, a fun night.

^  Yup Mendes vs Volkanovski was awesome...  It was the fight of the night (deservingly).  Smiley

So...  Any prospects for LHW to challenge Jones?  I don't think there's anyone else except Cormier.  Lol.  
I don't want to see another rematch with DC. Plus he already relinquished his LHW prior to the fight and Jones said he doesn't want to fight DC in HW.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
What a great event!
Overall, a fun night.

Activity: 658
Merit: 851
What a great event!
Overall, a fun night.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Nunes upset Cyborg and wins the featherweight belt. I thought Cyborg has the upper hand in the striking but Nunes came up blazing, both hands caught Cyborg and that overhand right was perfect to end the fight.

Damn. Amanda Nunes makes Cyborg looks like an amateur in the cage. Let's see her impressive resume:

- Chris Cyborg (:51, Round 1)
- Shevchenko (twice)
- Ronda Rousey (:48, Round 1)
- Meisha Tate (3:16, Round 1)
- Sarah McMann (2:53, Round 1)

Yup.  Her resume looks waaay better than Cyborg's.  Cyborg mostly won vs bums (except Holly Holm).  Lol.

Anyway...  I guess that settles it between Jones and Gus.  I feel Jones needs a tougher challenge at HW vs Cormier.  I'd def back Cormier as the underdog.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
I just got amazed how dominant Amanda Nunes was in the fight she KOed Cris Cyborg under a minute and she looked already beaten up before that. Whatever happened is Cris Cyborg didn't really look like a champ last night she didn't know what to do when Nunes started landing punches on her face. Just like what I said earlier BJ Penn losing is an inevitable thing to happen and this loss was obviously something to be ashamed of as it was his first ever submission loss and he didn't even reach a 2nd round to prove anything in the Octagon. I think it is his time to call it quits with MMA.
Incredible night of fight and i am really furious by the way in which Cyborg approached the fight, Amanda Nunes was swinging with her eyes closed and Cyborg got smacked left and right, aggression cannot win fights and Jon Jones proved that with his incredible knockout of Alex, with a patient approach in the first two rounds and his aim was to score points for the judges and the third round stopped him as he promised, any more rematches for Jones and i am predicting a knockout, his fight IQ is out of the charts and i really hope he does not get into trouble anymore and i would like to see him fight often this year.

I agree. I don't know if Cyborg has a strategy or if the complexion of the game really changes once she was hit in the face by Amanda. I thought she is the better striker, but Nunes somewhat beat her to the punch. As for Jones, what do you expect? his fight IQ was flawless, everyone thought it will be a close fight specially what Alex has shown in the first fight. I would agree that it's time for BJ Penn to quit, this is a new era, no need to damage himself.
Activity: 700
Merit: 252
After everything I saw and heard I can only come up with the conclusion that the UFC organisation is led by faggots and drug addicts with clown Dana White on the top. Such disrespect towards the legends of the sport has never seen before.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
Incredible night of fight and i am really furious by the way in which Cyborg approached the fight, Amanda Nunes was swinging with her eyes closed and Cyborg got smacked left and right, aggression cannot win fights and Jon Jones proved that with his incredible knockout of Alex, with a patient approach in the first two rounds and his aim was to score points for the judges and the third round stopped him as he promised, any more rematches for Jones and i am predicting a knockout, his fight IQ is out of the charts and i really hope he does not get into trouble anymore and i would like to see him fight often this year.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
Nunes upset Cyborg and wins the featherweight belt. I thought Cyborg has the upper hand in the striking but Nunes came up blazing, both hands caught Cyborg and that overhand right was perfect to end the fight.

Damn. Amanda Nunes makes Cyborg looks like an amateur in the cage. Let's see her impressive resume:

- Chris Cyborg (:51, Round 1)
- Shevchenko (twice)
- Ronda Rousey (:48, Round 1)
- Meisha Tate (3:16, Round 1)
- Sarah McMann (2:53, Round 1)

What a record. As expected, Jones wear his new "gear" (no pun intended  Grin), as the new LHW champ. Ryan Hall defeated BJ Penn with a beautiful submission (heel hook), news report says that Penn's knee pop-up, I guess its time for him to retire.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
What a night.

Jones destroys Gus and claim the vacant Light Heavyweight again. Nunes upset Cyborg and wins the featherweight belt. I thought Cyborg has the upper hand in the striking but Nunes came up blazing, both hands caught Cyborg and that overhand right was perfect to end the fight.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
^  Sure...  Everyone is taking something to get an edge, but not everyone is f*cking doping, else USADA, WHO COULD DETECT A PICO GRAM OF SOMETHING IN YOUR BODY, would be flagging way more athletes left and right than they are now.  Let that sink in first.

And let's just wait til the event is over...  I think there's more to the Jones' flagging than we're seeing now.

Yeah the whole thing is extremely strange. If USADAa can detect ridiculously small particles, then we would get "false positives" all over the place. Even real false positives, since anyone that eats meat could potentially be eating tiny amounts of hormones like trenbolone or clenbuterol for instance.

Actually we just recently had the Canelo case in which he was busted with clenbuterol, and Canelo said it could have been some meat he consumed in Mexico... all of these athletes travel around the globe and eat in many countries, so even if some are bullshitting, there will be legit cases and USADA would catch all of that.

Strange but lets admit it, we are all watching anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
Everybody is on drugs these days it's only a matter of being smart and able to cover it up. Lance Armstrong was doping, all bodybuilders are on steroids, recently one of them got a fatal heart attack at the age of 26. I read about it like a week ago.

Gustafsson is having his fun:

The event will be a double doping match:

on January 6, 2012, it was announced that Cyborg had tested positive for stanozolol, an anabolic steroid. As a result of the banned substance, the fight's result was changed to a no contest. Cyborg had her license suspended for one year and was fined $2,500.

He is having his fun because Alexander Gustafsson knows that he can beat a steroid using Jon Jones because he almost did in their 1st fight, which was very possible that Jon was doping.
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
Everybody is on drugs these days it's only a matter of being smart and able to cover it up. Lance Armstrong was doping, all bodybuilders are on steroids, recently one of them got a fatal heart attack at the age of 26. I read about it like a week ago.

Gustafsson is having his fun:

The event will be a double doping match:

on January 6, 2012, it was announced that Cyborg had tested positive for stanozolol, an anabolic steroid. As a result of the banned substance, the fight's result was changed to a no contest. Cyborg had her license suspended for one year and was fined $2,500.

At some point the rules against doping will have to be completely modified. And a much greater tolerance would be implanted. Today it is very unlikely that there is a champion fighter who has not made regular use of prohibited substances.
Pages:
Jump to: