Pages:
Author

Topic: [UK GROUP BUY] ASICminer Cube group buy #9 (Accepting orders) - page 3. (Read 22519 times)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100
sweet got it today. running on a corsair cx500 psu

I got my 2 cubes, and i did made quick setup.
I have corsair 750cx and my cubes running below 30Gh/s on high clock.
Any ideas?
I suspect to small PSU.
But cannot be shure.
Anyone else have same issue with corsair?

Same issue here with corsair. test 1 cube on its own see if it runs overclocked..

Mine isn't running at all well with my CX750 either.

I've ordered a cheap OCZ 600W and I'll see how it goes - I had great service from really ultra-cheap 500W OCZ when I was running lots of GPUs.

I have over 20 Cubes running on the CX750 in overclock mode with no issues.  In fact, they are all running in a 3 Cube, 2 PSU configuration in overclock.  I doubt the PSU is to blame.

I have run into issues with CPU/network bandwidth throttling hashrate, but this was with 10+ Cubes on one RaspPi/PoE router. 
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

Any ideas?
I suspect to small PSU.
But cannot be shure.

Same issue here with corsair. test 1 cube on its own see if it runs overclocked..

Mine isn't running at all well with my CX750 either.

I've ordered a cheap OCZ 600W and I'll see how it goes - I had great service from really ultra-cheap 500W OCZ when I was running lots of GPUs.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
Hi OC,

Any ideas on stock timescale for Round 4 and if the price will be adjusted ?

I have btc to add another 2 or 3 cubes, just wanted to know more info before placing another order.

Thanks

Good question. I will watch this and will buy another cube or two.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Foundation Member
Hi OC,

Any ideas on stock timescale for Round 4 and if the price will be adjusted ?

I have btc to add another 2 or 3 cubes, just wanted to know more info before placing another order.

Thanks
And now another Blade is showing half X's.  Another PSU on order.  Roll Eyes  Mining at an awesome 27GH in High.   Undecided
Activity: 323
Merit: 12
Got my cube Friday thanks OC!

Only just had chance to plug it in and play, got a worrying large spark from inside when first powering on using a corsair 750 power supply, but have it all setup now and reporting 48Ghs at BTC Guild on high mode but in the web interface of the cube it reads 30Ghs.

Looking good so far anyway.

Thanks.
After an afternoon of troubleshooting, I'm confident that one Blade in my Cube is faulty.   With 5 Blades fitted it's running fine off my CX750.  The faulty Blade prevents the Cube booting up when it's plugged in on it's own, so I'm pretty sure it's the suspect.

Just waiting on yxt to get me a replacement Blade sorted...

I've also found that the Cube seems MUCH happier when proxying through Slush's proxy, rather than through BFGMiner.  The V1 Blades are the opposite.  I've not got the Blades proxied through BFG and the Cube through Slush's proxy (both running on the same machine).
legendary
with a pool or local stratum proxy? try 2nd

I use netbook as back up for proxy, but as first i used stratum.undersiders.com
I did check today and one cube is very unstable:

One cube is on high and one on low clock at this moment.
But all night one cube on high clocks dosnt keep up with other.

Activity: 329
Merit: 251
Just to let everyone know, shipment 3 has been sent out today and should be with with everyone tomorrow by 1PM.

Brilliant - thank you, just bribing my son to stay in until 1pm......

Bloody son didn't stay in  Angry (I'm obviously the worst parent ever if he does not understand the way of BTC)
I have the postie card of disappointment through the door, so i'll go and join the long XMAS POST OFFICE collection queues tomorrow
But as always arrives when OC3 says its going to,
Thank you

New cube up and running, Thank you OC3.
After joining a rainy, long queue outside the postoffice this morning @ 6.55 lol

Side note
Had to dismantle and assemble this one as there were 2 heatsink screws in the bottom of the box and the cards were not lined in their grooves (Flapping about) Took 10 mins and all good now.

I may even try HelldiverUK's fan upgrade.

When will you have shipment 4 and hopefully new price please?

Thanks again
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Running 1 cube with a proxy and a Corsair CX750M - works as expected in both low and high clock modes.
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
with a pool or local stratum proxy? try 2nd
Activity: 86

Any ideas?
I suspect to small PSU.
But cannot be shure.

Corsair ax1200i runs two cubes oc and two non overclock. maybes its the 12v rail and gold or bronze spec makes a difference.
legendary

Any ideas?
I suspect to small PSU.
But cannot be shure.
Activity: 49
Activity: 329
Merit: 251
Just to let everyone know, shipment 3 has been sent out today and should be with with everyone tomorrow by 1PM.

Brilliant - thank you, just bribing my son to stay in until 1pm......

Bloody son didn't stay in  Angry (I'm obviously the worst parent ever if he does not understand the way of BTC)
I have the postie card of disappointment through the door, so i'll go and join the long XMAS POST OFFICE collection queues tomorrow
But as always arrives when OC3 says its going to,
Thank you
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
next round should be cheaper, but atm I am out of stock  Cry
any chance of a price drop as these now sell for 0.75 from sonicboom?

I know that he is USA only but its a big price differance

You probably need to pm yxt about that. AFAIK, OC just mirrors his price and slaps his handling fee on top. Unless you want a lower postage and packing price, there's not much OC can do.
Activity: 92
any chance of a price drop as these now sell for 0.75 from sonicboom?

I know that he is USA only but its a big price differance
Received, hashing, no dud chips to be seen Smiley
I'm running mine with a CX750 in high clock mode with no issues at all. It has 55A on the 12v rail which should be more than enough for one even overclocked. 2 in low clock mode should *maybe* be possible but pushing it. Your PSU might be a dud?

Maybe.  It's also running two Blades and two Jalapenos.  It's been running fine for 3 months.  To be fair, I didn't play with it much, and just took the Cube to work and fired it up on another PSU.

I'm bringing it and the spare PSU home tomorrow, so I'll have more of a chance to play. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: