Pages:
Author

Topic: [UK GROUP BUY] ASICminer Cube group buy #9 (Accepting orders) - page 5. (Read 22519 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 601
Damnit, DHL(?), get Shipment #3 into OC's paws!

They have just arrived, I'm trying to get it all packed up before I ship them off, fast running out of time though, they *may* get sent tomorrow if I cant make it to the post office in time.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Damnit, DHL(?), get Shipment #3 into OC's paws!
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Mine seems to be running now OK off an old Dell PSU. Still needs a cold restart after changing any settings.  It also still dies on High, but I think that's a limitation of the PSU which only has 18A per rail. More PSU investigation required.

Also noticed the cube works better on Slush's proxy than off BFG' one which is opposite to the V1 Blades I have.
Activity: 10
Cube received this morning, just after 8am - thank you very much! Running just short of 32Gh/s on Low.

It's already been said, but a couple of the cards had come loose slightly. Also, just about every heat-sink screw had to be tightened, although no screws had fallen out.

Nobody should be putting power onto the units until they have first checked them. It might take 10 mins, but it's worth it.

http://i.imgur.com/mlc0GK2.png

Activity: 329
Merit: 251
Hi,

Is there a guestimate for shipment 4 delivery?

When I have a better Idea I'll post, but I'm not sure right now. sorry.

Sorry LOL

is there any further news on shipment 3 please?

Shipment 3 should be here tomorrow, going on the tracking info Cheesy
Activity: 329
Merit: 251
Hi,

Sorry LOL

is there any further news on shipment 3 please?
Well got my Cube up and running.  Eventually.  

Seems it doesn't like proxying through my OpenWRT router, works OK through MinePeon on the Pi.  Seem to go SICK every time I try High speed mode, too.  Which means power cycling it, because otherwise it sticks with all Xs.

Edit: I think it's a power issue, the cube is pulling more than 30A, because my bench supply won't power it.  Running the other two Blades and a Jalapeno should be possible with 75A on the 12V, but apparently something is going on...

More investigation required...
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
No, looks like a dud blade. I've opened it up and re-seated all the blades. I also swapped the blade positions round and the eight 'x's have moved to a different line, so it's definitely the blade and not the controller.

Sorry about that gh2k, I've asked yxt what the procedure is in this situation - will be in touch when I know.

Thanks. It's not the end of the world... It's still working at over 30Gh/s in high clock mode
Hi,

Got my first cube this morning. I have chips 81-88 not working. (half the bottom bank are x's)

Is there anything I can do about this? My PSU has plenty of power (750w, 55A on 12v) and they're the same in low and high clock modes.

I've found that some of the "mini blades" inside the cubes sometimes come loose in transit, they're not held in place well enough for a bumpy journey. So if you can, open it up (carefully) and make sure the mini blades inside of the cube are properly seated and then let me know how you get on.

No, looks like a dud blade. I've opened it up and re-seated all the blades. I also swapped the blade positions round and the eight 'x's have moved to a different line, so it's definitely the blade and not the controller.

Sorry about that gh2k, I've asked yxt what the procedure is in this situation - will be in touch when I know.
Activity: 20
Hi,

Got my first cube this morning. I have chips 81-88 not working. (half the bottom bank are x's)

Is there anything I can do about this? My PSU has plenty of power (750w, 55A on 12v) and they're the same in low and high clock modes.

I've found that some of the "mini blades" inside the cubes sometimes come loose in transit, they're not held in place well enough for a bumpy journey. So if you can, open it up (carefully) and make sure the mini blades inside of the cube are properly seated and then let me know how you get on.

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Foundation Member
Hi OC,

Received the first cube today, nice packaging :-)

Here is two additional orders for 2 cubes each, I split them as I know you can only deliver 2 at a time (are they too heavy for you ? ;-))

First tx - 2.49btc https://blockchain.info/tx/1e5f6f616e746797d419ca054e4a43ab67df797671ee913e6a01faf95dc0dd53

Second tx - 2.49btc https://blockchain.info/tx/0917b8b2fd790b31881e9ff8fd861ab44c73ab93e93041741add868035e55d89

Thanks

Rhys

Got a 'You were out, sucks to be you' card from Royal Mail today, so seems the Cube has arrived.  Will collect it later. Smiley

Those cards are the worst Sad

Especially when I passed the post van on the way home.  5 minutes earlier I would have been at home...  Roll Eyes
Got a 'You were out, sucks to be you' card from Royal Mail today, so seems the Cube has arrived.  Will collect it later. Smiley

Those cards are the worst Sad

Pages:
Jump to: