Pages:
Author

Topic: [UK GROUP BUY] ASICminer Cube group buy #9 (Accepting orders) - page 4. (Read 22519 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
my ones the module version maybe it makes a difference
but once i have them wired to the asic backplane i wont be using the cx750m
plus its cheaper to buy a backplane with psu then by a pc psu..

A decent PSU is a bit expensive. im using the Corsair Cx750M £68. its upto the job for 2x non overclock cubes

You're lucky.  My CX750 doesn't power one Cube.

I'm running mine with a CX750 in high clock mode with no issues at all. It has 55A on the 12v rail which should be more than enough for one even overclocked. 2 in low clock mode should *maybe* be possible but pushing it. Your PSU might be a dud?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
No, looks like a dud blade. I've opened it up and re-seated all the blades. I also swapped the blade positions round and the eight 'x's have moved to a different line, so it's definitely the blade and not the controller.

Sorry about that gh2k, I've asked yxt what the procedure is in this situation - will be in touch when I know.

Thanks. It's not the end of the world... It's still working at over 30Gh/s in high clock mode

They just magically started working! Woo :-)
Activity: 329
Merit: 251
Just to let everyone know, shipment 3 has been sent out today and should be with with everyone tomorrow by 1PM.

Brilliant - thank you, just bribing my son to stay in until 1pm......
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

Also would a 300w power supply be sufficient to power one cube (overclocking)? as I see in the tutorial it says:

200w no overclock
280w overclocked

Thanks.

Doubt it.  I have a 30A @12V bench supply, and it won't power a Cube at all, it just freaks out with overload.  30A is 360W.

I'm running my Cube of an old Dell PSU which does a maximum of 18A per rail (so it's giving out 36A/432W to the Cube) and it won't run at High speed.  Runs OK at Low.

I don't know who was smoking what when they came up with that 200W figure, because it's pure fantasy.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
are you still doing more batches?
Activity: 323
Merit: 12
Just to let everyone know, shipment 3 has been sent out today and should be with with everyone tomorrow by 1PM.

Great news, looking forward to getting it.

Also would a 300w power supply be sufficient to power one cube (overclocking)? as I see in the tutorial it says:

200w no overclock
280w overclocked

Thanks.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Can I just ask why we in the UK seem to be getting ripped off again?

There is a group buy in the states for 0.89 each cube which includes free priority insured shipping. Now I know VAT has to be paid but 0.89 x 20% comes to 1.068.
Import duty may be a problem but 0.89 to 1.2 is about 35% which seems a lot.

You're obviously new around here. Welcome. I don't set the price, nor can I afford to give away free shipping, the U.S group buys have ONLY JUST lowered their prices to 0.89, as of a couple of days ago it was 1 BTC, if you order at the official resellers site, its more than 1.2 BTC. Europe always lags behind in terms of price for mining hardware. Finally the import duty into the US is 3% compared to Europes 20%.

If you can do it cheaper, be my guest, or point us in the right direction.

I was not saying the problem was you OC but more zxy. From what I have read you make your profit semi-transparent. I do feel though, from reading threads, that there was a big delay in items getting into Europe (Or they were coming and being sold) and that the price is always high. if you say the 0.89 the guy is making 0.09 per cube, (0.8 + 20%) (should be less but easier) +20% comes to 1.15. so yes I still say high prices. and worst of all we pay them and say can we have more please.
Look at the price blades went down to.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Just to let everyone know, shipment 3 have been sent out today and should be with with everyone tomorrow by 1PM.
Cheers OC, good service as ever.
Activity: 714
Merit: 601

There is a group buy in the states for 0.89 each cube which includes free priority insured shipping. Now I know VAT has to be paid but 0.89 x 20% comes to 1.068.

You're obviously new around here. Welcome. I don't set the price, nor can I afford to give away free shipping, the U.S group buys have ONLY JUST lowered their prices to 0.89, as of a couple of days ago it was 1 BTC, if you order at the official EU resellers site, its more than 1.2 BTC. Europe always lags behind in terms of price for mining hardware. Finally the import duty into the US is 3% compared to Europes 20%.

If you can do it cheaper, be my guest, or point us in the right direction.
Activity: 92

Activity: 86
my ones the module version maybe it makes a difference
but once i have them wired to the asic backplane i wont be using the cx750m
plus its cheaper to buy a backplane with psu then by a pc psu..

A decent PSU is a bit expensive. im using the Corsair Cx750M £68. its upto the job for 2x non overclock cubes

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

Activity: 86
Hi,

ive been looking at power supplies for these cubes.

A decent PSU is a bit expensive. im using the Corsair Cx750M £68. its upto the job for 2x non overclock cubes and its quite.

I have been told i can use the PSU on my Asic power backplane PSU. which is a1000watts.

Backplane psu is £24...pcie extension cables £1-3.
use PCie extention cables from the screw headers on the backplane to your Cube.

i will confirm on the weekend if it works.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

You should set a delivery deadline, shipment to you will be re-posted if received before x:xx pm.

really appreciate your efforts, but please don't rush in the traffic, would hate to see you have a traffic collision.

Hey mate,

My cut off time is in the original post, and is 3:30pm and it was after this they arrived but I thought I might just be able to make it, unfortunately with the christmas traffic I didn't.

All the best

What about pick up? When and where i can pop in for my 2 cubes?
Tomorrow im on bike so should be easy for me. let me know whats going on.
Having taken over an hour to get home (normally 20 mins) thanks to frigging JLS, I sympathise!

You should set a delivery deadline, shipment to you will be re-posted if received before x:xx pm.

really appreciate your efforts, but please don't rush in the traffic, would hate to see you have a traffic collision.

Hey mate,

My cut off time is in the original post, and is 3:30pm and it was after this they arrived but I thought I might just be able to make it, unfortunately with the christmas traffic I didn't.

All the best
Activity: 109
Bitcoin Foundation Member

Sorry guys, I did try, but I got caught up by the damn traffic yet again Sad will send shipment 3 first thing tomorrow morning.
Damnit, DHL(?), get Shipment #3 into OC's paws!

They have just arrived, I'm trying to get it all packed up before I ship them off, fast running out of time though, they *may* get sent tomorrow if I cant make it to the post office in time.

Cry Best of luck.
Pages:
Jump to: