Pages:
Author

Topic: [UK GROUP BUY] ASICminer Cube group buy #9 (Accepting orders) - page 6. (Read 22519 times)

Activity: 323
Merit: 12
Payment sent for 1 x Cube

Transaction ID- c6f49d06b1b860f40f559f2f3db1c9a60494329ec67788eb919b574ae9270d36

Thanks.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
just got my pci e sockets burned last week.. uploading pictures later on. after hearing some clicks clicks then the whole cube seemed not to work. tried to interchange blades to another of my cubes but no luck.

hope nothing worst than me has happend to you guys. take extra care with your miners, i mean your cubes...
Activity: 714
Merit: 601
anymore cubes left? I would like to get one from reliable source like yourselve but can u deliver before end of December?
if answer is yes please reserve one and once.I'm back home coins will fly to you. i want to pick up this so no postage is needed, can u advice whats your handling fee?

Yes still some available.

YXT sent the next shipment of cubes to me, last week. So they should be here this week which means you will receive them before Christmas Smiley

If you're collecting just send the 1.20 btc.

All the best.
I did send first one:  9a20756a77a875c69c1652d6953f8168ae
311cd8db46fc81c38a3e8ba10dd83c

I did send one more : f8b13195bde447b20b66b2d07e3d8df22968ee0ed505883d4191aba1cceb2fb7

So please update me with one more.

received/confirmed Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
anymore cubes left? I would like to get one from reliable source like yourselve but can u deliver before end of December?
if answer is yes please reserve one and once.I'm back home coins will fly to you. i want to pick up this so no postage is needed, can u advice whats your handling fee?

YXT sent the next shipment of cubes to me, last week. So they should be here this week which means you will receive them before Christmas Smiley

All the best.
I did send first one:  9a20756a77a875c69c1652d6953f8168ae
311cd8db46fc81c38a3e8ba10dd83c

I did send one more : f8b13195bde447b20b66b2d07e3d8df22968ee0ed505883d4191aba1cceb2fb7

So please update me with one more.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Ah, no problems, I thought it would be here today, but if it#s not due until tomorrow that#s no problems. Smiley
Any chance of a tracking number for my Cube please OC3k?  Nothing appeared today.

Hey mate,

I didn't make it in time to the post office Friday Sad so ended up posting them Saturday morning, I was told you'll receive them Tuesday by 1pm.

I will send over the tracking number in a minute anyway
Any chance of a tracking number for my Cube please OC3k?  Nothing appeared today.
Activity: 20

as it happened to both cube I would suggest to check your PSU first

I'm fascinated to know how you think the PSU could make the fuse melt?

Not had the top off either cube yet but wondering if there is something that gets very hot, close to the fuse socket, between the fuse and power sockets.  A heat sink perhaps?  It was that side of the fuse plastic that was in worst condition.

Will have 30A and 40A replacement fuses on hand soon so will experiment.  May also have urge to have a look inside.

Either way, if I find anything, I will update here.

PS.   Anyone have a pointer to pics of naked cube?
If not, and I do get my screwdriver out, I will take lots of pics!

All the best.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
1 more cube: d6680f58b48c2940d0f05895c8acb0005390eba2283603adee8ddc9356e0197c

I'm fascinated to know how you think the PSU could make the fuse melt?
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
Hi,

I have two cubes, overclocked, on an RM850 and they are working well for the most part.
Unfortunately, they have both melted the green plastic fuses overnight.

Before simply replacing the fuses. can anyone help with the following ...
1.   What is the correct rating for the fuses when a cube is overclocked?
2.   Should the green plastic melt?   (rather than the fuse simply pop!)
3.   As I can't find a fuse rated above 30 Amp do I have to stop overclocking?
4.   Am I missing something important?

Regards

That is not normal,
Ordered a copious supply of 30A and 40A fuses!   ;-)

1. Should be OK at 30A
2. I've seen it, it's not ideal though for obvious reasons.
3. They're normal automotive fuses, so are available up to 40A.  Green is 30A, Blue-Green is 35A, Orange is 40A.  Anything above 40A you go to Maxi fuses, which won't fit the Cube.
4. Nope. Smiley
Hi,

I have two cubes, overclocked, on an RM850 and they are working well for the most part.
Unfortunately, they have both melted the green plastic fuses overnight.

Regards

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Foundation Member
Activity: 49
1 Cube please.
6ca275ecdb888199581eacbc9f8f9a88eb767f065cb99ed037ca808505c5ada5
jml
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I received the cube the other day and I realise that there are 8 chips marked with an "X". I assume these are faulty? Overclocking is not used. Anyone with the same problem?

Hey mate,

An "X" chip does indicate a faulty chip, does restarting the cube help at all? can you send me a screen shot of the web interface.

I found that cycling the power from On to Off does eliminate the half row of X's marked as bad. What I realised is that the same set of chips was not affected and other chips would be affected. As I decommissioned my FPGA's that use more power just to check to see if it isn't the ASIC cube, it seems to be working OK.

I think it is the case that the PSU is not delivering enough amperage to cover all devices but I will confirm as I monitor it overnight.
I received the cube the other day and I realise that there are 8 chips marked with an "X". I assume these are faulty? Overclocking is not used. Anyone with the same problem?

Hey mate,

An "X" does indicate a faulty chip, does restarting the cube help at all? can you send me a screen shot of the web interface.

*Edit* Awesome, good to hear you've solved it.
Pages:
Jump to: