Pages:
Author

Topic: Ultra Under-overclock image for A2 Innosilicon by Emdje - V5.0 - page 24. (Read 79746 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Hi Emdje,

I know this is a really newb question. But what ip address is the new firmware set at? Only asking because my mates placed our internet connection on 192.168.2.... rather than the usual 192.168.1 and am having trouble working out what ip the firmware web interface is set at?

Ive tried 1.125, 1.136, 1.106, 1.163 and im out of guesses now. lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers mate

Alex
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
hey guys any idea why never run at 80 mhs or more, im runing at 1360 mhz all the boards and only get
(5s):84.37M (avg):83.63Mh/s (pool):53.05Mh/s | A:245760 R:0 HW:26 WU:48572.8/m

but really in the pool just get 47 mhs maximum, i try 4 different pools and same...
Activity: 19
I'd like to try this image on my new A2 Mini I picked up at Zoomhash but can't figure out how to power the damn thing to get it mining!  The 2 "PCI-e" connectors seem to take 8 pin connectors but they are Keyed wrong and 8 pin pci-e won't fit and miner won't mine or start fans with 6 pins plugged in.  Only thing that seems to power up miner is if I use 2 of the 8 pin CPU power connectors from my PSU but with thagt only 1 side starts mining at ~18MH/s but cuts out and stops mining after 1-3 minutes (miner still running but not hashing).

If anyone has some info to help I would be Grateful!  Nice work on getting Overclock Image working btw Emdje and I'd try it out on the new A2's once I can get mine working at all

i agree, i wasn't 100% sure how to plug it, but i figured it out.   use 6 of the 8, and the 6 towards the middle.    the last 2 are purposely 'keyed wrong' so that you can't plug in the +2 I assume.

also plug in the big ATX power into the board that is far from your PCIE plugs.   that willl get you on and into raspberry pi.   then..... thus far no working image, which is what I'm looking for.  msg me if u get that!
Its working now with this imagen
http://fuk.io/a2-terminator-innosilicon-scrypt-asic-miner-setup-guide-and-review/
but onlu run at 68.91 Mh/s on ghash.io
it´s time to mine some dogecoins, thanks guys...
Activity: 156
I'd like to try this image on my new A2 Mini I picked up at Zoomhash but can't figure out how to power the damn thing to get it mining!  The 2 "PCI-e" connectors seem to take 8 pin connectors but they are Keyed wrong and 8 pin pci-e won't fit and miner won't mine or start fans with 6 pins plugged in.  Only thing that seems to power up miner is if I use 2 of the 8 pin CPU power connectors from my PSU but with thagt only 1 side starts mining at ~18MH/s but cuts out and stops mining after 1-3 minutes (miner still running but not hashing).

If anyone has some info to help I would be Grateful!  Nice work on getting Overclock Image working btw Emdje and I'd try it out on the new A2's once I can get mine working at all
Excuseme guys, so when the ip from miner not connect It is because the IP is dynamic? i tryed to follow this manual but not work. i got the 88+ MH/s - The A2 by Innosilicon - ASIC Scrypt Miner

Code:
http://fuk.io/a2-terminator-innosilicon-scrypt-asic-miner-setup-guide-and-review/

so is good idea call to my isp to change to static ip?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
does anybody know if this will work with the new A2terminator mini, and with what frequency setting, if so?

I have not seen one yet on the inside but I bet it will work on the 'new' a2 miners. Just a new form factor and reduced price I think.
Activity: 26
Guys, just a noob question. Im not able to shutdown miner via SSH. Either 'sudo shutdown' or 'sudo poweroff' kills just the OS (disconnects SSH), but the miner keeps running. Any idea? Thanks.
There is no way to power off the miner remotely because it's "jumped" at the control board.

Of course you can soft power off the device, just ssh as root and type "shutdown -h now", if you log in as user pi "sudo shutdown -h now" should do the trick.
This worked for me a thousand times on any of my linux machines.
Activity: 45
Guys, just a noob question. Im not able to shutdown miner via SSH. Either 'sudo shutdown' or 'sudo poweroff' kills just the OS (disconnects SSH), but the miner keeps running. Any idea? Thanks.
There is no way to power off the miner remotely because it's "jumped" at the control board.
Activity: 45
1300 Mhz is your limit for the Black A2 units because of hardware limiters and smaller heatsinks. The silver A2 units do not have the hardware restrictions in place and achieves a constant 96 MH/s at the pool at 1320 or 93 MH/s at 1300. If you take the Silver units any further than 1320 you'll be doing 80 MH/s at the pool because of the invalid nonces's. These units are dumbed down from 150 MH/s so innosilicon wouldn't have to go back to the drawing board for the 110 MH/s units they are now shipping.

If enough owners complained we could get the source code and get at least 110 MH/s pool side with no hardware modifications or close to 150 MH/s with hardware voltage modifications.

Activity: 19
does anybody know if this will work with the new A2 terminator mini, and with what frequency setting, if so?
Activity: 157
I altered the driver, not the actual code of cgminer (and then compiled it).
On page 16 from the programming manual http://www.usbminers.nl/Innosilicon_A2_PG_v120140424.pdf there is a column named: io_pll_fb_div. In that column there is a binary code which is related to the clock frequency. Only increments of 20Mhz are accepted otherwise the is_pll_fb_div becomes a comma separated number, and that can't be transformed to binary.
So, I added the extra binary numbers to the driver, and 'paired' it to the dropdown menu you see in the browser (index.php)

Because it is not a simple change of the index.php you need the whole image.
emdje: good job! where did you get the cgminer binary, if I may ask? Might be cool if voltage can be increased.

Someone who makes mining hardware contacted me with a problem I might be able to help with. So we helped each other. I can't give anyone the source code, at least not yet. But I have seen nothing that indicates the voltage can be increased in the code. Seems all hardware.

Understood you may have made some agreement, but altering cgminer without releasing the sourcecode to github is againts licence policy. At least I think so.

Can you name changes that are made in comparison to original Innosilicon FW? E.g. community of A2 users desperately needs extranonce support in cgminer.

Do I need to install whole new image or just copy over the /var/www directory? I wonder how this will perform on my 1st batch A2 - it can do 84Mhs on poolside now, running 1200 Mhz (1280 makes no good).
You are welcome.
oops, forgot to add..... One last question mate.

Crytptalk mentioned the Scrypta OC firmware I have the link for, mentioned above, doesn't require extra cooling for the a2 chips because the firmware apparently controls the temperature of the a2 chips to prevent overheating.

Question: Does your latest update to your firmware, do the same, so I won't have to build an airconditioner pipping assembly to feed the air con air straight to my miners intake fans?

The temperature is controlled by decreasing the amount of work going to the processors.
Just try it out, see what the hash rate (poolside) does and decide what to do.

Hear ya loud and clear mate. Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it
emdje: good job! where did you get the cgminer binary, if I may ask? Might be cool if voltage can be increased.

Someone who makes mining hardware contacted me with a problem I might be able to help with. So we helped each other. I can't give anyone the source code, at least not yet. But I have seen nothing that indicates the voltage can be increased in the code. Seems all hardware.

Crytptalk mentioned the Scrypta OC firmware I have the link for, mentioned above, doesn't require extra cooling for the a2 chips because the firmware apparently controls the temperature of the a2 chips to prevent overheating.

Question: Does your latest update to your firmware, do the same, so I won't have to build an airconditioner pipping assembly to feed the air con air straight to my miners intake fans?

The temperature is controlled by decreasing the amount of work going to the processors.
Just try it out, see what the hash rate (poolside) does and decide what to do.

Pages:
Jump to: